Megson - "people expect us to skate through the division...."

Don't think any sane person thought we'd walk the league - but beating stevenage at Hillsborough might not be too much to ask.

There must be a lot of insane ppl on this forum then cos I'm under the impression that a hell of a lot do expect us to walk the league.

Yes you could look at the Stevenage game in isolation and it is one we would expect to win but it is only our second league defeat at home. We have lost to the top team and the team in 6th. That doesn't look too bad.

Also, we all know in football many results come along that are not what you would expect, otherwise the bookies wouldn't be as rich as they are.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Owlstalk is quickly turning into a haven for over-reacting drama queens with Neil fanning the flames. I fully understand certain ppl like to get a debate going and it's in some ppl's interest keep these debates going. But I'd really like to read ppl's actual point of view rather than some attempt to create a frenzy

and if things don't get better, you'll become one of them!

Spot on Laurie, we have for this division, a very strong squad, a squad which should be, and is, more than capable of holding down a play off spot People are commenting on what they see as worrying signs, that's all As I said, maybe gary megson is feeling pressure from above

Guest LOVEWEDNESDAY

Megson needs to understand that people will expect that we should be walking the league when he's spouting the crap he does. Looks like he's getting a bit nervous to me.

And are they skating through the league?

Who is skating through the league? And what is their wage budget.

I don't disagree with Megson's comments.

But he knew what the expectations at the club were when he joined.

In his defence, I guess, what he didn't know was what the transfer policy would be?.

That aside, Megson has talked candidly about the expectations at our club- ie MASSIVE club, best support, Man Utd of the League, should be in the Premiership- yet on the otherhand he can't understand why people expect too much?- ie for us to skate through the League.

Yes, you are right at the minute the teams with the best budgets are 1st and 2nd.

But as stated previously my concern (or 'over-reaction' as some might say) is not about our League position (I think Megson has done well) but more to do with the performance and vibes that are coming from the club.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

I don't over-react I just flounce lol

They'll start calling it you though, blueblood. They'll start labelling you, if you disagree with them!

Christ, he's started 2 games and deemed not good enough already. What great fans we are

No wonder our players always collapse when under pressure

Some pressure, a solitary fan on OwlsTalk!

Lets look atthe drive and attitude of some of the players,and then we may see the reason why we are not doing as good as we should be .

Well said trevdi.

In comparison, if we were 'over-performing' as much as Stevenage (with their wage budget) then we would be 6 points clear of Charlton by now.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Said before the season I'd take a playoff place after last years total disaster.

Squad wise we don't quite have the right mix to win it. We Won a few games and everyone got carried away. Now it's coming back to bite people and they don't like it.

Fact is we got a team full of grafters with little creativity, now low on confidence. We will get what we deserve this season.

i do think the players are trying, but just arent good enough! for example Mike Jones..

Perhaps though he's just not up to GM's exacting fitness standards and has been going through an intensive pre-season type of regime and will soon be showing why he was so highly regarded by Bury fans, and the SU and Barnsley managers (according to recent RS interviews). I hope he doesn't turn into another Morrison/Beevers type who can do it for other clubs but not it seems here. Certainly too early to dismiss as not good enough.