Adam le fondre

Guest BoomTownOwls

I'm more than happy with his £500,000 price tag as it means we are less likely to try and sign him

lol

If only Big Ron David Pleat was still in charge!..............................................................

We'd have got LeFondre for 3 million! And have him pronunce it Leith-fon-dure

Changed for you.

Edited by Anthndav

If only defenders were as generous as the one's in League Two.

I understand what you're saying, but it can be easily counted. The higher up the league you go, the defenders get better, of course they do, everyone knows this. But the quality of the supplier is better too, the simple fact is, goalscoring is an artform, you either have it or you don't.

I watched ALF in the game tuesday night, and he didn't do a great deal, Reda Johnson had him in his back pocket for most of the game, but was that down to Alf being poor, or the was it down to his team mates not being good enough to read his runs quickly enough. When he was presented with a chance he took it. I hear the people saying he didn't do anything during his last stay in league 1, but he has more experience now.

Fact is, we need a 20 goal a season (minimum) striker, we aren't going to get goals from Clinton, and while I prefer strikers to be built like brick shithouses, these are in short supply. I would prefer Mellor to Alf, but that doesn't look like happening. Alf is a 20 goal a season striker, let's get him before someone else does.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

If only defenders were as generous as the one's in League Two.

I could also add that on tuesday night, Alf wasn't playing against league two defenders. Buxton, Reda Johnson, Rob Jones and Julian Bennett have all been championship defenders at one time or other, and he still scored against us.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I understand what you're saying, but it can be easily counted. The higher up the league you go, the defenders get better, of course they do, everyone knows this. But the quality of the supplier is better too, the simple fact is, goalscoring is an artform, you either have it or you don't.

I watched ALF in the game tuesday night, and he didn't do a great deal, Reda Johnson had him in his back pocket for most of the game, but was that down to Alf being poor, or the was it down to his team mates not being good enough to read his runs quickly enough. When he was presented with a chance he took it. I hear the people saying he didn't do anything during his last stay in league 1, but he has more experience now.

Fact is, we need a 20 goal a season (minimum) striker, we aren't going to get goals from Clinton, and while I prefer strikers to be built like brick shithouses, these are in short supply. I would prefer Mellor to Alf, but that doesn't look like happening. Alf is a 20 goal a season striker, let's get him before someone else does.

Abosolutely!

I'm sure Mellor would have scored goals again for us.....how many I wouldn't like to say, it's not really fair to compare him with Alfie, they are different types of players with different styles and different strengths.

Lefondre is the better package in my opinion, certainly quicker and faster, and certainly more mobile. He would make a deadly partner for Madine.

Anyone reading this thread will pick up on the divided opinions amongst supporters on this one, but you only have to type Alfies name into your search engine to see that there are a hell of alot of teams/supporters out there wishing their club would sign him.

Millwall, Coventry, Sflaphorpe, Carlisle, Norwich, Cardiff, Donny, West Brom, Shrewsbury, our pink friends accross the city, the list goes on and on............ As I've said earlier, it's about showing intent as much as anything else.....Every club from the country knows who Alfie is. We sign him and we are showing ambition and intent that we mean business this time. Like it or not we are favourites to win league one already, let's make sure that this isn't a curse and add the most well known and talked about striker in the lower leagues to our squad.

No more of the powder puff "we've made an offer" please, it's boring!, we are not talking an unreasonable fee here, 500k is peanuts for a player with the reputation and potential of Mr LeFondre......

Everybody knows we are interested in signing the lad, get beaten to it by any other club now and it's putting out the wrong message to the rest of the league and our supporters.

You can never please all of the people all of the time, that's the way life is unfortunately........But this is an opportunity for us to put a bit more fear into rest of league 1 even before a ball is kicked in anger, and all for 500k.....it's a no brainer!

Stop pussyfooting about Wednesday, that's why we talking about a 500k player on here and not Premier league "elite" strikers in the first place!

Edited by Nick13

Your opinion on him is valid Can I ask you a question, it's a genuine question and not provocative. Why do you think opinion is so divided on him, on the face of it, as you say he's a sought after 20 goal striker?

i heard a rumour from a Rovrum fan last night that Carlisle had put a bid of £300k in which had been rejected for him. They want £500k.

hes not worth that, and isnt likely to be worth that in late resale value either, so id be disappointed if we spunked that amount of money on him.

Your opinion on him is valid Can I ask you a question, it's a genuine question and not provocative. Why do you think opinion is so divided on him, on the face of it, as you say he's a sought after 20 goal striker?

I would say because of the quoted price. I wasnt impressed Tuesday night, and using the "last season of contract" argument used elsewhere then £500k is a hell of a lot of cash.

not sure if mentioned but scunny had a bid turned down the chirman wants north of 500k for alf

On Rotherham mad their saying Rochdale have a sell on clause of around 20-25%, so can't blame the Rotherham chairman trying to get a high a fee as possible.

i'm with Hootie , having done the striker bit i was expected to provide the goals ,not to chase about all over the place, the job is an artform ,it's hitting the net that matters ,you have 10 other players out there to break teams down and supply .if the striker is off all over the place ,would he be where he is needed 100% of the time , no ,so who would finish the job ,

Often up front it takes split secon'd timing , to steal a yard, Alf has this , the striking roll is not about legging it and belting the bugger ,it is knowing how to turn leaving you marker flatfooted ,it's about knowing when to shoot ;where to place the ball, 'it is not an easy task as the ball can be delivere'd at any hieght or pace you have to be ready all the time ,again Alfie can do this ,

so all in all he is worth a shot at signing natural goalscorers are hard to comeby ,

Guest Sheff Owl

Some of the Sflaphorpe fans are even saying ALF is not worth 500k.

200k yes maybe but not the above amount.

I think "the boy" is "worth a punt" I am sure he would score goals in our division, I just hope if we decide not to go for him he doesnt ends up "banging them in" for someine else and we have half of Owls talk asking why on earth we didnt "snap him up"

I have tried to use footy speak :biggrin: