Adam le fondre

Megson's no mug.........he knows that signing Alfie would gee the team and the fans up, look at this thread for a start!, not many league 2 players could stir up a hornet's nest like Alf has!

Just read some tripe on the rumours site thay Coventry have bid 1.5 million for ALF and been turned down!..........sureley not!

It's all down to MM now..........

I'm grateful he bailed us out when we were all but done for, but we all know his motives are along the lines of what Brian Robson spoke about on the channel four expose last week.

However, "naughty Brian" did add that good players had to be brought in to make the Owls worth 300 million in 3 season's...............so MM, "invest" another 500k on Alfie....that should start things rolling in the right direction!

Then you can sell up, make your killing and we will be back in the premiership,,,,,,,it's win win!

Get him bought before one of our rivals does, time to stop faffing about now.

The kid in me can't wait to insult O'Grady when Alf scores against Rochdale in a fortnight!............................. :biggrin:

I've not been able to keep up to date for the last 3 days or so, I am currently reading this from Saigon of all places.

So I'm guessing were no further forward with our striker search?I think ALF would get goals but we'd need to make chances, whilst Mellor seems to be able to make his own.

Sounds like we were unlucky vs Leeds too?

Megson's no mug.........he knows that signing Alfie would gee the team and the fans up, look at this thread for a start!, not many league 2 players could stir up a hornet's nest like Alf has!

It seems to me that there's only you (and maybe robswfc) stirring up the hornet's nest on this subject.

I'd much rather we spent any transfer funds on targets who have already had success at this level, such as Mellor, Roberts or Weston.

It seems to me that there's only you (and maybe robswfc) stirring up the hornet's nest on this subject.

I'd much rather we spent any transfer funds on targets who have already had success at this level, such as Mellor, Roberts or Weston.

Over 20,000 views of this thread!, fair to say that, for him or against him, ALF's got people interested...............

Shame it's not Mandaric or Megson! :angry:

im rumbleing sick of people telling mandaric to "splash the cash".

He bought this club when no one but the b**rd wanted it. saved us from bankruptcy. bought over £1m of players in January. Has then paid off a load of the deadwood as well. Is currently working on fixing the club from the bottom up, including fixing our rotting infrastructure.

and, most importantly, is making us a club self sufficient and providing budgets to match.

so roger off with the "pleeeaaaaase milan spend some cash!!" because frankly, hes done enough already. he has a budget, he has a price, and i do not want him to budge from that.

He bought this club when no one but the b**rd wanted it. saved us from bankruptcy. bought over £1m of players in January. Has then paid off a load of the deadwood as well. Is currently working on fixing the club from the bottom up, including fixing our rotting infrastructure.

and, most importantly, is making us a club self sufficient and providing budgets to match.

so roger off with the "pleeeaaaaase milan spend some cash!!" because frankly, hes done enough already. he has a budget, he has a price, and i do not want him to budge from that.

You're right about people being greedy. It's easy to forget that he bailed us out big time!

Although I think most people are thinking about the speak of promotion push made by the man himself. If this is the case then he would need to spend a bit more. I think he will as well, but he's being rightfully cautious.

maybe people would have been less expectant however if we werent fed some of those statements of intent when the season finished.

I'm not expecting miracles, or huge transfers being backed by MM, to be fair though, the £500,000 being bandied about as the figure that would probably buy LeFondre isn't a huge amount.

For starters we got nearly 200 grand for Spurr, then there's the undisclosed fee's for Heffernan and Morrison (anybody's guess????)

So lump all that together and find, oh I don't know another 150grand and LeFondre OR another 500k striker should be easilly within reach.

Like I said before this has dragged on too long and we are getting too close to the start of the season to be fannying about now.

Madine needs a strike partner and it doesn't really look as if Clinton's going to be up to it unfortunately.

O'Grady doesn't want to play for us

Who you gonna Call?

Edited by Nick13

I'm not expecting miracles, or huge transfers being backed by MM, to be fair though, the £500,000 being bandied about as the figure that would probably buy LeFondre isn't a huge amount.

For starters we got nearly 200 grand for Spurr, then there's the undisclosed fee's for Heffernan and Morrison (anybody's guess????)

So lump all that together and find, oh I don't know another 150grand and LeFondre OR another 500k striker should be easilly within reach.

Like I said before this has dragged on too long and we are getting too close to the start of the season to be fannying about now.

Madine needs a strike partner and it doesn't really look as if Clinton's going to be up to it unfortunately.

Who you gonna Call?

Cody McDonald :biggrin:

Who you gonna Call?

Ghostbusters.

Plus rumbleing one.

This

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Because to get both we would have to spend close to £1m which is a lot of money in League 1, and NEITHER are experienced at this level

Because to get both we would have to spend close to £1m which is a lot of money in League 1, and NEITHER are experienced at this level

Appreciate what you're saying........shall we have a whip round?

Actually, I know it's insane.......but maybe Wednesdayite could actually arrange something like that?...........like a fighting fund to get us a striker.

Sounds desperate.....but it could work!............

Everybody put's a small (or large) donation into the fund if they wish to, and who wouldn't spend a fiver or even a tenner if they thought we were bringing in some promising striker or other?

then it gets "gifted" to the club

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Appreciate what you're saying........shall we have a whip round?

Actually, I know it's insane.......but maybe Wednesdayite could actually arrange something like that?...........like a fighting fund to get us a striker.

Sounds desperate.....but it could work!............

Everybody put's a small (or large) donation into the fund if they wish to, and who wouldn't spend a fiver or even a tenner if they thought we were bringing in some promising striker or other?

then it gets "gifted" to the club

You're getting worryingly obsessed with ALF to be honest.