Adam le fondre

Guest BoomTownOwls

This whole thread is based on that assumption. Like why on earth you think we are discussing him you included?

So you don't know then.

Thing with ALF that really bothers me is the fact he's had the chance to play at a higher level and not taken it. He was at Rochdale when they were nailed on for promotion and chose to go to Rotherham who weren't every transfer window he claims to be " considering his future" then when no concrete offers come in he says he's happy to see out his contract at Rotherham. He wasn't even an automatic choice at Rotherham under Ronnie Moore. Ryan Taylor was by far a better striker by all accounts.

I'm not saying he's sh!t cos I've not seen him play enough but has he got the right mentality to play at a higher level or a big club. I personally don't think so

Guest BoomTownOwls

I think I ought to point out that the goals are the same size throughout the league. With goalscorer's, it's all about supply, if they get the supply, they will score goals.

If only defenders were as generous as the one's in League Two.

Guest BoomTownOwls

After all of this are we even interested in him?

It was reported a League One club made an offer for him so everyone assumed it was us? And it turned out it was Scunny.

No you're wrong. Pullixifer knows we are interested.

Guest scott_andrew_william

Why are you on this thread if you believe we aren't interested?

Does it matter?

we have a 10 page thread about a player who i dont think we even want.

a player who we were rumoured to have put a bid in for, to be fair.

and it sparked a ten page debate. One of the things i like about owlstalk, plenty of opinions.

Anyone know how many of his goals were penalties and tap-ins?

A fair few probably.........................I'll settle for a penalty and a tap in to take us up at the end of the season!

Come on Wednesday, get him signed!

This is quite the funniest thread I have ever read on here.

Mellor - got 20 goals (OK 7 in the Cups) last season, returns to Preston, who now find themselves in this league, and people think they're going to happily release him?? He got a full seasons practice and can give his gaffer a run down on all but eight clubs in this division including Wednesday. He's priceless to Preston.

Adam Le Fondre.

Does anyone really think that the be all and end all is what a player does on the pitch??

He's a nutter. That's why he hasn't been picked up. A loose cannon.

Plus he'd get battered by the defenders in this division and he knows it.

Wither Jason Koumas?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A nutter eh?..........Even better! The names Terry Curran and Paulo DiCanio spring to mind!

And talking about gambling with players, what about Carl Shutt all those years ago?..............

I'd love to see Lefondre in a Wedensday shirt, from what I've seen already this season he'd be the final piece in a championship winning side, I honestly believe he's our man.

And if, again no disrespect to a well run club, a team like Sflaphorpe pinch a player from under our noses then there's something terribly wrong somewhere!