Adam le fondre

Yes we would all ideally prefer Neil Mellor, but we've had an offer for him accepted yet he has clearly turned us down twice now and I'm sure he has already been offered one of the best contracts possible so it comes down to does he or does he not and it's pretty obvious he doesn't. Mellor is also 29 and that means we'll probably get a good 2 years out of him. So wouldn't Le Fondre be a better signing? He's 24 and has proven he is an exceptional goal scorer in L2 and would be available at about the same price yet we might get a good 4 years out of him or possibly sell him on for a lot more? Le Fondre and Madine would be an excellent strike force.

A-men to that!

Guest Saturday Owl

I think 500k for ALF is an absolute rip off, fair enough if he was in a 5 year contract.

But he has less than a year left, I'd rather we go out and get COG and Cody McDonald on loan.

We also can't continue to wait on Mellor, I'd rather us go out and sign another striker to show him we're not going to be messed around.

Then he'll have a decision to make before we'd bring in the fourth striker.

At the right price Le Fonde is a no brainer. I just dont know what that price would be but 300 - 400k would be a good bit of business. Sign up Amond and then all we need i s a winger and that Santini might fit the bill.

I have no quarms with Mellor not wanting to take a pay cut. He has to do what is best for him at the end of the day.

He showed against us on tuesday that he only needs 1 sight of goal in a game. Lots of people said how Reda kept him in his pocket all game, yet he still scores!!!!! CM just likes to move from pocket to pocket and never scores. He would be perfect with Madine

Yeah, PM owlsman and he can pass the info on to the rest of us by way of random questions/musings

Too right. Make em work for it I say.

I wonder if COG has sorted his head out yet?

Although MM was on earlier suggesting he didn't think it would happen. I can't swear by it, but I suspect MM knows a little bit more about it than us.

biggrin.gif

Too right. Make em work for it I say.

I wonder if COG has sorted his head out yet?

Although MM was on earlier suggesting he didn't think it would happen. I can't swear by it, but I suspect MM knows a little bit more about it than us.

biggrin.gif

4/10 must try harder

Sincere and humble apologies for the post saying we had signed O'Grady!

It would seem that a mate of mine who knew I was getting wound up about LeFondre decided it would be oh so jolly to wind me up even more!

and he did do.......

Still, it's not all bad, that means we could still get Alfie!

I live in hope.

It would seem that a mate of mine who knew I was getting wound up about LeFondre decided it would be oh so jolly to wind me up even more!

and he did do.......

I live in hope.

After allowing your mate to bait you like that and swallowing it, I'd say it's more likely you live in Cloud-Cuckoo land!biggrin.gif

Guest darlo owl

Coventry have bid 500 k for him but rotherham say they want at least 1.5 million what a joke he's worth nothing like that. Its in daily star

and he did do.......

I live in hope.

Nice place, we often frequent the Cheshire Cheese.

Guest Saturday Owl

Why is 500k a rip off for Alf even if he failed at his age you would still get some sort of resale value from him.

Last year of his contract for a start, as if we want to be forking out half a million when he's on a free transfer in 10 months time.

He's also not proven he can do it at a higher level, a 250k-300k bid would be reasonable if you ask me.

Rotherham wern't even picking him at the end of last season. They'll hang on until the end of the transfer window, trying to generate an auction over the next 8 weeks. And you can't blame them, as the rest of their squad is worth a set of tracksuits and 6 Wham Bars.

A better bet than O'Grady in my opinion.............Already said he doesn't want to play for us.........well guess what, we don't want you to play for us either, go and do one mate!

Alf, on the other hand has been known to watch the Owls on occasions so maybe he might actually fancy it if we went for him?......and if he doesn't, well he can do one aswell!

Yes we would all ideally prefer Neil Mellor, but we've had an offer for him accepted yet he has clearly turned us down twice now and I'm sure he has already been offered one of the best contracts possible so it comes down to does he or does he not and it's pretty obvious he doesn't. Mellor is also 29 and that means we'll probably get a good 2 years out of him. So wouldn't Le Fondre be a better signing? He's 24 and has proven he is an exceptional goal scorer in L2 and would be available at about the same price yet we might get a good 4 years out of him or possibly sell him on for a lot more? Le Fondre and Madine would be an excellent strike force.

I'd much rather have Le Fondre. The hype around Neil Mellor is baffling. I wonder, if he'd scored one less goal last year, would there be such a wankathon on here over him?