Adam le fondre

Guest wilyfox

Mandaric said they're looking at 7 attacking options. we will be put out of our misery in due course. would be great if they were players we hadn't even speculated about...

Guest wilyfox

Madine and Le Fondre could pair well i reckon: but there's nothing to suggest we're interested in him - or could even afford him. he's been amongst the goals for 4 consecutive seasons. he wouldn't come cheaply.

Looking at our pre season so far-

We have created lots of chances, yet we don't have a natural finisher, some little fk'er gambling on everything.

Adam Le Fondre will not create his own chances, however with our threat from corners, free kicks and throw ins we need a poacher.

Somebody to poke in a loose ball from a knock down from one of our big men.

Id love to see this little f'ker in a Wednesday shirt, he had one chance against us and took it.

If we can give him 2/3 openings a game he will score at least one of them and with the way JJ is playing i can see us giving him those chances.

Add another pacy winger to our ranks and Le Fondre will get 20+ easily.

Eg

JJ.........Prutton........Semedo........Roberts

............Madine.........Le Fondre

Swap Madine for a Mellor or an O'Grady and it works, on paper anyway.

Got to agree mate.

His goal scoring record speaks for itself. 56 goals in 92 games for Rotherham better than 1 every 2 games. Surely only a matter of time until he takes a step up. I rekon he might be worth a punt. All depends on the transfer fee.

Guest 03 owl

His goal scoring record speaks for itself. 56 goals in 92 games for Rotherham better than 1 every 2 games. Surely only a matter of time until he takes a step up. I rekon he might be worth a punt. All depends on the transfer fee.

Their Chairman said it would take 500k or more, he would say that i suppose.

I think he is worth the gamble too .

I'm not a fan of ALF but I have to say the for's are putting a better case to sign him than the againsts.

If he was to come he I'd give him my support and hope he proves me and everyone else wrong.

im not sure too many are "against" the signing, but for the money we would rather sign someone more proven.

half a mill could buy the top league one strikers and several championship strikers. given the option, id rather we spent it on one of them than ALF.

Guest starrydave

Lets not forget that he is their penalty taker. Who knows what mellors count would be if he was pen taker.

That being said, ALF would be a step up from any strikers we currently have. I get less and less impressed with madine everytime i see him.

Guest starrydave

Oh dear the penalty count again f##k me a goal is a goal Mellor may not even be that keen on taking them for the record I see Prutton get that job this season.

Dont be soft, if they're a pen taker it means the goal count is inflated!

Guest 03 owl

Well no it's not because we've actually been linked and may have put a bid in for Roberts.

We've not even been linked with ALF.

That's True but don't believe everything you read eh :rolleyes: .