Soccer AM this morning

Guest Jump Owl

One of the reasons why Wednesday fans are so apprehensive when it comes to off the field activities is because a lot of fans hark back to the early 1990's squad and the team spirit they shared.

Even a fractured squad in turmoil would bind together due to success, as it turned out the early 1990's squad had a great relationship regardless.

Lets be honest, it can't have been a great place to play football in the last ten years so I wouldn't expect nor demand a simmering and united spirit in the camp. Some things just can't be forced.

When I played regularly, admittedly in the local leagues, Megson's banter was no different to the banter that I shared with my team mates - apart from the fact that Megson's banter was a lot milder. Those who are concerned should understand that it is only ever about building team spirit and never about bullying or control. In fact, the mardy fvckers who don't like banter are often left out of it - it's about having fun and is a sort of verbal tennis.

I work in a professional environment and get involved in the office banter which can be quite harsh. I used to work on the shopfloor in a factory - the banter is beyond harsh in that environment - they take no prisoners there but it's all done in fun no matter how harsh it gets.

Megson is a very experienced and successful manager - I am sure he knows how far to go.

This, watching Soccer am the past two weeks he has come across as a bit of an arrogant, irritating man, who is trying to be funny.

Shame, because i like Megson and he is beginning to do a good job.

I can name a few other managers who could be classed the same as you describe Megson

Well......guess their names anyway?

Ex Manager of Chelski....now Real Madrid

Manager of North West team hails from Scotland

Manager of another North West team hails from Italy

Manager of another North West team also hails from Scotland

Manager of Spanish club situated on Med near to French Border

Now.......if Megson can be as successful as any of those guys.......we will love his arrogance and his irriating manner.............(I don't find him to be that way.......just open and honest which is something we have needed for years)

Guest foreverSWFC

I can name a few other managers who could be classed the same as you describe Megson

Well......guess their names anyway?

Ex Manager of Chelski....now Real Madrid

Manager of North West team hails from Scotland

Manager of another North West team hails from Italy

Manager of another North West team also hails from Scotland

Manager of Spanish club situated on Med near to French Border

Now.......if Megson can be as successful as any of those guys.......we will love his arrogance and his irriating manner.............(I don't find him to be that way.......just open and honest which is something we have needed for years)

Just an opinion mate, i do not like his personality, as i don't like Mourinho's personaity.

Of course i wish him to be successful, i think he is a great manager, he's proved that, i'm not doubting his ability, i have just always never really like the way he portrays himself. Sorry.

Lewis Buxton.... "Small Arms" megson.gif

My dad once mentioned a bloke he knows called Thalidomide Steve or summat (his name).

I said that is a horrible nickname and I can't believe he refers to him by it.

He told me it was his "nice" nickname as the rest of the lads in the boozer called him Chicken Wings. :biggrin:

Guest bartos

Just watched both, to me its starting to look like a good place to be.

Those criticising have problems