Soccer AM this morning

Guest Jump Owl

Guest Saturday Owl

FFS it's a crossbar challenge and it was a bit of banter, but Megson must be questioned for such disgraceful things to say... :rolleyes:

This, watching Soccer am the past two weeks he has come across as a bit of an arrogant, irritating man, who is trying to be funny.

Shame, because i like Megson and he is beginning to do a good job.

I take it you've never worked in a factory where people take the p*ss,it's generally called banter,having a good craic with the lads,and not bullying like some people like to believe.

And no Meggy isn't arrogant,i thought he was funny and came across very well as you would expect from somebody who cares passionately about the club.....or would you prefer o'drizzzzzzzzzcoll.

FFS it's a crossbar challenge and it was a bit of banter, but Megson must be questioned for such disgraceful things to say... :rolleyes:

Makes you laugh doesn't it. Megson likes to have a bit of banter and in the workplace it usually consists of having a dig at other people, but all in aid of a laugh.

People must have a MAJOR problem with Megson, or be the type of people who never smile or laugh and sit in the house moaning about the paperboy being 2 minutes late or keeping the football what the 5 year old kid from next door has just kicked over the fence.

GET A GRIP YOU SAD ACTS!

Guest Sheff Owl

Some people need to lighten up - it was a bit of fun - i'm sure wee wee taking goes on in every club on a daily basis.

We are no different if the players can't take it then they need to change their careers.

Good to see the manager involved, i guess some managers would not even bother!

Guest Distraught!

Good to see the manager involved, i guess some managers would not even bother!

Irvine would have recorded it two or three more times then had training sessions to improve squad bar hitting strike ratios. :dry:

Guest Sniper1

Makes you laugh doesn't it. Megson likes to have a bit of banter and in the workplace it usually consists of having a dig at other people, but all in aid of a laugh.

People must have a MAJOR problem with Megson, or be the type of people who never smile or laugh and sit in the house moaning about the paperboy being 2 minutes late or keeping the football what the 5 year old kid from next door has just kicked over the fence.

GET A GRIP YOU SAD ACTS!

:biggrin: Some reyt miserable f'kers on here.

One thing i didn't like was Dan Jones's dig at Lewis Buxton, just because he's being picked at left back in front of him there was no need to rip into Lewis' tiny arms.

:rolleyes:

Guest Sniper1

Irvine would have recorded it two or three more times then had training sessions to improve squad bar hitting strike ratios. :dry:

Irvine would have been f'ked because there were no opposition.

Guest foreverSWFC

I take it you've never worked in a factory where people take the p*ss,it's generally called banter,having a good craic with the lads,and not bullying like some people like to believe.

And no Meggy isn't arrogant,i thought he was funny and came across very well as you would expect from somebody who cares passionately about the club.....or would you prefer o'drizzzzzzzzzcoll.

I understand you completely.

But to take this micky out of players on national television is a bit much. If i was James O'Connor who runs his socks off for the team and for Megson to basically call him crap, i would be slightly annoyed.

Personally, i have never like Megson as a character, i believe he has always tried to shift the blame at times, he has got an arrogant persona about him, which is a trait i simply do not like. In his defense he is a good manager and is starting to do well, and is bringing a freshness into the club.

Come on guys, it's just an opinion, that is what the forum is for anyway isn't it?

Edited by foreverSWFC

Guest Distraught!

Irvine would have been f'ked because there were no opposition.

No worries!

He would have spent three hours talking about the tactical positioning of the crossbar and the threat posed by the woodwork!

I understand you completely.

But to take this micky out of players on national television is a bit much. If i was James O'Connor who runs his socks off for the team and for Megson to basically call him crap, i would be slightly annoyed.

Personally, i have never like Megson as a character, i believe he has always tried to shift the blame at times, he has got an arrogant persona about him, which is a trait i simply do not like. In his defense he is a good manager and is starting to do well, and is bringing a freshness into the club.

Come on guys, it's just an opinion, that is what the forum is for anyway isn't it?

Megson was bang on the money. If I had been there, I would have ripped the players to pieces!

2 scored out of how many? Embarrassing ratio..

Irvine would have put the players through hours of 'how to hit the crossbar' DVDs and then stood watching with his grey John Major expression,so just fkin chill out,its only a bit of fun dears.

No worries!

He would have spent three hours talking about the tactical positioning of the crossbar and the threat posed by the woodwork!

He'd have insisted on the others forming a wall as well :huh:

Guest hirsty9

At the end he said something along the lines of, "3 out of 30, the usual stuff" thought that was a bit unneccesary, and the players didn't react to it either.

Actually, if you watched it properly, he said it was'nt bad 3 out of 33 ,cosidering most dont even get 1 to hit the crossbar.FFS

Thought that Megson came across well.

He was clearly delighted when both Coke and Palmer managed to hit the crossbar.

Saying that JOC had no chance, so what?

JOC is a 31 year old veteran, who has been managed by Megson in the past.

People look into these things far too much.

Seems to be a good team spirit. The players didn't seem to be at odds with Megson. I remember seeing Atkinson on a clip with the players hitting balls through a tyre. Same sort of atmosphere. Could've been Francis mind you, can't really remember but that's how I would like to see the players. There seemed a good relationship betweeen Megson and the players.