Sean O'Driscoll

Guest Triplej2

I wasn't sticking up for Irvine,we are playing rubbish and it's frustrating watching players we have playing like we are but my point is were 5th and some are looking for new managers who for one wouldn't come here or be allowed to come here by their chairmen and two theirs no saying it would mean instant success.

I wasn't sticking up for Irvine,we are playing rubbish and it's frustrating watching players we have playing like we are but my point is were 5th and some are looking for new managers who for one wouldn't come here or be allowed to come here by their chairmen and two theirs no saying it would mean instant success.

3pts separate 3rd and 16th if we had lost today and that could have easily happend we would have been 16th! Irvine can go for me we have no style of play what so ever and today was the most bored I have ever been at a football match! I'd be quite happy to listen to odriscoll drone on if it meant playing attractive winning football!

When o'driscoll had a poor spell with his team and they were bottom of the league some of Donny's moronic fans called for his head. At that point he was trying to bring together new players in a new league, their chairman gave him time and it turned around. Obviously at Wednesday with our 'intelligent' fans we would always give a manager some time to bring players together in a new league.

When o'driscoll had a poor spell with his team and they were bottom of the league some of Donny's moronic fans called for his head. At that point he was trying to bring together new players in a new league, their chairman gave him time and it turned around. Obviously at Wednesday with our 'intelligent' fans we would always give a manager some time to bring players together in a new league.

Stop being simplistic and having a go at the fans. Our fans have been more than patient with some of the dross that has been served up to them, for years, and loyal to the managers.

Irvine may not be much of a fans manager, in as much as he'll play negative, boring football. But he'll get us to the Championship and keep us there. I honestly believe that. What is it we have with dull scots?

Despite what many people believe (I've seen cold hard figures in the last few days) we will not be rich. We will simply be in less debt, we will rid ourselfs of board members who lost their direction a long time ago, we will be self sufficient without any need for intervention from the bank. We will have our pride back, and will have a springboard to push ourselfs above our porcine neighbours, as they are in financial dire straights too if they go down this season.

In short, this investment makes us a healthy business once again, not a rich business.

We still can't afford to hire and fire managers at will, we still can't afford ludicrous wages on players, hell, until 12 months from now we still may not be able to afford to pay for a transfer fee.

I still don't get our fans. We have been waiting for this moment for nigh on a decade, but still you want more? We live in the real world, we won't do a Chelsea or a Man City, but we will be doing things the right way.

It's still going to be a slog to get back to the Premier, but now we can attempt it without all the poo poo in the background and we can do it whilst not giving our fans a reason to stay away.

Unfortunately (I don't personally rate irvine either) I think Irvine, like a few others at the club, will have their contract run down and expire naturally. It's how we have to do things still at the moment.

Fact is that O'Driscoll would not have lasted at Hillsborough like he did at Donny, when he had them bottom of the league for so long.

I cannot believe we are having this debate we are 5th in the league. No it was not pretty they played one upfront, five in midfield and compressed all the space. People booed for playing it across the back 4, then for playing it long and then for losing it by trying to go forward too early. Sacking the manager has been such a winning formula for us?

Guest We'll be back

I have faith in Irvine

I doubt O'Driscoll would come to a league one club when he has premier league clubs sniffing around him.

Yes we're a big club but we have a tight budget and are currently in League One

Today was not pretty, and the 17.000 odd fans deserve a medal for the crap that they have been served up over the last ten years.

But the one thing that Irvine, Laws, Sturrock and the rest have in common is dealing with a chronic lack of investment in the playing staff.

We dont pay fees for players anymore, which means that we don't have the choices that other teams have.

If we don't get funds to give the manager choices, regardless of it's irvine, or whoever, then we will see the same depressing football continue.

Time for some realism

I really don't think SOD will want to come here to be honest and the obsession with him being a footballing manager may not be all that. We don't have the players in the squad to become a footballing side! JOC and Potter aren't footballing players and by the looks of it, that's who we're basing our team on.

Like irvine, he is as dull as dishwater,no point in changing like for like

The most boring voice in football.....And, unlike most of the Wednesday managers of the past few years, he has had money to spend without the pressure a club like Wednesday gives managers. He is not proven at a decent level, wait a couple of years when the money support runs out.

Irvine is a good manager under a lot of pressure because of the way the club has been run.....he does need to change to more positive tactics and give the players a run without changing the team every two minutes.

O'Driscoll is a top manager who gets his teams playing great football problem is it'd take him a good couple of yeras to teach this showere to play proper football, and we all know what our fans are like - impatient!!

Boring as hell but great football tacticia.

Also not a chance he's come.........