Sean O'Driscoll

Guest Triplej2

I really don't think SOD will want to come here to be honest and the obsession with him being a footballing manager may not be all that. We don't have the players in the squad to become a footballing side! JOC and Potter aren't footballing players and by the looks of it, that's who we're basing our team on.

I'd have to disagree, i think players like Potter, Coke, Morrison, Heffernen are, the others....well.....

Guest Triplej2

I actually don't mind listening to O'Driscoll, I can listen to anyone who talks perfect sense about football. There are a lot of media aware characters out there who just talk pure sh*te.

On the subject of actual football, if we don't start playing some football soon we'll be looking at 15,000 crowds every week.

We talk about financial mismanagement at the club, well keeping this numpty if things don't change will be financial suicide greater than anything the board have done in the last few years.

I say this as a person who runs my own business not just a fan. This guy essentially took us down playing for draws when we needed wins and the football on offer this season is the worst I've ever seen.

I'd give irvine the gypsy's warning, sort the football out or you're gone. Wednesday fans will not accept this negative crap.

Guest Triplej2

I've just read a staggering quote by irvine in the News of the World:

"We've won today but the dressing room is like a morgue"

I don't give a flying f*ck what context he was using, 2 league wins and an exciting cup win and the dressing room is like a morgue??

Sums it up for me, the players are lost, confused and even perhaps a bit depressed.

You can actuall see this on the pitch so I don't think it's me dramatising.

Get f*cking rid!

a new man coming in would be disruptive with no guarantee that he would get the side playing any better, while i'm not a big fan of irvine i feel he will get the club promoted it may not be pretty and we may not like it but he operates on clean sheets and thats what gets you up .warnock used to get slaughtered by the pig fans when he 1st went there and took him years to win them over maybe irvine will do the same

I've just read a staggering quote by irvine in the News of the World:

"We've won today but the dressing room is like a morgue"

I don't give a flying f*ck what context he was using, 2 league wins and an exciting cup win and the dressing room is like a morgue??

Sums it up for me, the players are lost, confused and even perhaps a bit depressed.

You can actuall see this on the pitch so I don't think it's me dramatising.

Get f*cking rid!

I''m not surprised morale is low.

I've worked in an environment where people feared for their jobs and were worried about the stability of the company. I don't think it should come as any surprise the players are low considering everything that's happening and the fact hardly anyone is turning up to matches any more.

I bet some of the players probably read these forums, or ones like it, and they are confronted with people saying "yer poo !" and other reasoned and eloquent posts.

Before the poo poo hit the fan we were sitting on 10 points after 4 games. That points per games ratio would easily have seen us reach over 100 points this season. I still believe we can win the league, and I think we can probably do it with our current squad and our current manager. But a couple of things have to change.

1) Get off Irvine's back. It's clear he has been working under exceptional circumstances and the guy deserves a break. From the New Year we should have a better idea of where we are and where we are going.

2) We need to get more people down Hillsborough. I'll hold my hands up and admit I've not been able to get to the last couple of matches but I have had a short term cash problem (still hoping to get a season ticket for the remainder of the season before the Bournemouth match though).

In short - I think it's disrespectful to be talking about other managers when our current manager's job is not even under threat. He's done a decent job under the circumstances and has got us to the JPT quarter final - not a million miles away from a trip to Wembley! Let's be a little more patient and see what the next 9-10 games bring.

Guest Triplej2

I''m not surprised morale is low.

I've worked in an environment where people feared for their jobs and were worried about the stability of the company. I don't think it should come as any surprise the players are low considering everything that's happening and the fact hardly anyone is turning up to matches any more.

I bet some of the players probably read these forums, or ones like it, and they are confronted with people saying "yer poo !" and other reasoned and eloquent posts.

Before the poo poo hit the fan we were sitting on 10 points after 4 games. That points per games ratio would easily have seen us reach over 100 points this season. I still believe we can win the league, and I think we can probably do it with our current squad and our current manager. But a couple of things have to change.

1) Get off Irvine's back. It's clear he has been working under exceptional circumstances and the guy deserves a break. From the New Year we should have a better idea of where we are and where we are going.

2) We need to get more people down Hillsborough. I'll hold my hands up and admit I've not been able to get to the last couple of matches but I have had a short term cash problem (still hoping to get a season ticket for the remainder of the season before the Bournemouth match though).

In short - I think it's disrespectful to be talking about other managers when our current manager's job is not even under threat. He's done a decent job under the circumstances and has got us to the JPT quarter final - not a million miles away from a trip to Wembley! Let's be a little more patient and see what the next 9-10 games bring.

1, I won't get off Irvine's back until he sorts his tactics out (he never will IMO)

2, Get more people down to hillsborough? It's the f*cking dross which Irvine is purveying that's losing us thousands of fans and pounds every week.

Failure is so ingrained at hillsborough that it's actually comfortable for a lot of people, including you by the sounds of it.

Three teams play the game how football should be played.

Barcelona,

Arsenal,

and Doncaster Rovers.

What a load of clichéd throw.

IMO the game of football should be played by scoring more goals than the opposition and winning things. What have Arsenal won recently?

The fancy stuff comes second, when you have started winning games.

There are far more teams who like to get the ball down on the deck and play attractive football.

Doncaster are a good footballing team, I just dont get why they need constant reassurance that they play well.

1, I won't get off Irvine's back until he sorts his tactics out (he never will IMO)

2, Get more people down to hillsborough? It's the f*cking dross which Irvine is purveying that's losing us thousands of fans and pounds every week.

Failure is so ingrained at hillsborough that it's actually comfortable for a lot of people, including you by the sounds of it.

Someone`s going to have to bite the bullet and quick.

Wednesday fans wouldn't be patient enough for O'Driscoll IMO. At donnybrook they went through large spells of frustrating performances where they had loads of possession and couldn't score. The game at hillsboroufh against donny in 08/09 being a perfect example- they played us off the park but lost 1-0.

When that happens at Hillsborough there'll be people saying he's too dull, not passionate enough etc etc.

That said Id personally love someone like o'driscoll at SWFC

Guest TonyOwl88

Would get us to the prem in 4 years with a reasonable budget.

.....and that would be an exciting, entertaining 4 years.

Do it Turner!!

Please god no.

Nothing bores me more than Sean O'Driscoll. I can't stand listening to his interviews, and hate his performance based management. How boring to watch a team that holds onto the ball and still neer really looks properly threatening.

Bournemouth, Doncaster Rovers.... not eactly the CV that prepares you for big club atmospheres, with huge expectations.

5 games in, and all these morons will be calling for his head coz they've won 0.

Let's face it, against Leyton Orient the fans were booing at the passing football that was going nowhere. That is what you'll see week in week out with O'Driscoll.

Alan Irvine's CV... Coaching at Newcastle, assistant boss at Everton, saved Preston from relegation, took them to the play-offs the season after, kept them mid-table after they sold key players, got sacked for the trouble.... took over a completely inept Wednesday side that couldn't score, win or draw to sae their lives... leaking goals... tightened it up, got results... fell short by a single point. 5th in the league, no money to build... unable to shape the squad 100% as he'd like... managing a new team, with uncertainty as to the club's future with administration looming....

I think people need to get a grip.

Guest owls_4_life

1. SoD would never come herer. He's imposed his stamp on Donny and now they're playing really good football and they're pretty much an established Championship side. Why would he want to leave that to come here and be constantly under pressure and strapped for cash?

2. We've got Irvine and we're stuck with him whether we like it or not, so let's try and get behind him and the lads. The football is ugly and that needs to change and hopefully it will, but in the meantime we're going to have to put up with it.

3. I'm not surprised in the slightest that the dressing room was like a morgue last night. The players seem to have something else on their minds. Whether that's the football AI tries to make them play, the off field saga or what, something stops them from looking like a team. Perfect example when JoC passed to Spurr was it? And it was about 7 yards away from him and went out for a throw. JoC just stood there in disbelief and so did Tommy, just staring at each other! To me a team would get it together and carry on, and support each other. I don't see this in our team.