DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL

Lee. I may not have lived in Yorkshire for 45 years. This has been entirely due to work which has been in North Derbyshire and the Peak district, but I wish to point out that I HAVE NOT LOST MY YORKSHIRE ROOTS . I have been, and always will be, a Yorkshireman. I was also watching Wednesday before you were a twinkle in your Father's eye, unless his eye was twinkling in 1947,so I think I can claim to be something of a Wednesdayite. Two attributes normally associated with a Yorkshireman are grit (or guts) and straight speaking.

I realise that there has been and probably still is 'trouble at' pit', something I encountered often in my working life. The fact that we still have some 'poo poo directors' annoys me intensely. I had a Manager who tried to make life as hard for me as possible, but I persevered. Last night, I did something that in all my days supporting the Owls that I have never done before. I refused to put myself out to watch a load of thieving wasters playing in my beloved Blue & White. Yes, thieving, because at no time have their pockets been threatened, but they have the nerve to pickup wages for not doing the job they are paid to do. Play football. This has nothing to do with the boardroom! It's about eleven men pulling on the shirt and doing the job they are grossly overpaid for! They feel they have a complaint, or feel unsecure, and so are upset? Try telling that to the thousands of Miners & Steelworkers (and others) who have lost their jobs but still scrape together enough to watch their beloved Owls.

I would like to think that change in the form of investment was around the corner, and I honestly believed that you could be our Moses and lead us to the promised land. I have supported you throughout, but I am afraid that the tone of your posting on here today hinders rather than helps this come about. If you can't come up with something constructive, keep your gob shut and stop abusing fellow posters who are more concerned with seeing their side win, than inflating their own ego. I do not consider your current attitude is helping investment come. in fact, were I an Investor I would be considering my position with people like you around.

Top Post.

Take note Mr Strafford.

dont get shots becaus no one passes rumbleing ball to them when have you seen any forward ball at feet running at goal

counted completed number of passes last night answer 3 max then big hoof lost posession end of attack thats why we dont get

shots off.one other thing why do they all move to one side of pitch for goal kicks why not keep formation and go streight for goal

need to get more direct on goal instead of loosing ball all the time don flanks gie strikers ball to run onto instead of having to scrap

for every pass they get

and breathe

Whatever SPIN you put on this season all that's happening now is what everybody who went to the pre season games knew would happen.

WE played pre season games at likes of Grimsby as "practice" facing teams who will make life difficult for us, all them games showed were we didn't have a clue how to play them type of games.

So season starts...

Dagenham outplayed for long periods shocking at times, lucky to scrape a 2-1 win

Colchester away - dire again lucky to get a point

Bury home - completely outplayed by a league 2 team!

To say its all down to what happened pre Brentford is an insult to the fans who have watched the club all season and can see the problems in the side (dire lack of pace in misfield, teams not attacking as a unit, too many long balls etc etc which have been there ALL YEAR NOT JUST SINCE BRENTFORD)

Yes i will concede what happened will have had an effect on the players mentally but its only the results that have changed and not the style of play or performances.

Lee. I may not have lived in Yorkshire for 45 years. This has been entirely due to work which has been in North Derbyshire and the Peak district, but I wish to point out that I HAVE NOT LOST MY YORKSHIRE ROOTS . I have been, and always will be, a Yorkshireman. I was also watching Wednesday before you were a twinkle in your Father's eye, unless his eye was twinkling in 1947,so I think I can claim to be something of a Wednesdayite. Two attributes normally associated with a Yorkshireman are grit (or guts) and straight speaking.

I realise that there has been and probably still is 'trouble at' pit', something I encountered often in my working life. The fact that we still have some 'poo poo directors' annoys me intensely. I had a Manager who tried to make life as hard for me as possible, but I persevered. Last night, I did something that in all my days supporting the Owls that I have never done before. I refused to put myself out to watch a load of thieving wasters playing in my beloved Blue & White. Yes, thieving, because at no time have their pockets been threatened, but they have the nerve to pickup wages for not doing the job they are paid to do. Play football. This has nothing to do with the boardroom! It's about eleven men pulling on the shirt and doing the job they are grossly overpaid for! They feel they have a complaint, or feel unsecure, and so are upset? Try telling that to the thousands of Miners & Steelworkers (and others) who have lost their jobs but still scrape together enough to watch their beloved Owls.

I would like to think that change in the form of investment was around the corner, and I honestly believed that you could be our Moses and lead us to the promised land. I have supported you throughout, but I am afraid that the tone of your posting on here today hinders rather than helps this come about. If you can't come up with something constructive, keep your gob shut and stop abusing fellow posters who are more concerned with seeing their side win, than inflating their own ego. I do not consider your current attitude is helping investment come. in fact, were I an Investor I would be considering my position with people like you around.

They were lied to about the true financial picture as were we. They and we were shafted. They and we have admin to face unless a deal gets done.

We were all up in arms about this shafting a few weeks ago now we just want to take it out on the players and the manager.

Regards

Lee

I agree with what LS says- we need to concentrate on the job in hand, which is to oust the current board. End of the day we've had many failed managers over the last 15 years, yet it's been the same people on the board. And i don't doubt for 1 second that the HMRC stuff has got the players.

However, Irvine is frustrating me at the moment. For some reason he decided to start playing coke on the wing, and suddenly O’Conner started appearing first on the team sheet again- Coke was scoring for fun in the middle, and Potter seemed to start doing better. O’conner should not be in the team, get Miller or Potter in the middle with Coke. Front pairing always consists of Tudgay and <insert name here> it's never a settled pairing. Tudgay gets picked regardless, can't fault the lad for his defensive duties and effort, but I’m afraid for over a year now he has not earned a his place.

I don't want Irvine to be sacked, but I’d like him to hurry up and find what his best first 11 is...because it certainly isn't what he's been selecting the last 5 games.

Regarding the 3.5 year contract- doesn’t really mean much does it?....look at Sturrock, given 4 year contract and he only got paid up a years wages didn’t he?

Guest Sheff Owl

Come on... what planet have you been living on?

Half of the content of all football interviews EVER are nothing more than perfunctory PR that only have a fleeting relationship with the simple truth.

I'm not saying believe everything you read/hear but Irvine does not have have to go around telling everyone every single detail/action of training/transfers etc etc but it would be nice to hear if it really is affecting the players instead of just denying it.

Guest Sheff Owl

Lee

Alan Irivine is the WORST manager I have seen at Hillsborough in the 30 years I have been watching them, producing the worst kind of dullest football imaginable (that includes pre Brentford)

and for what its worth

There are many who agree with me, so cut the bullshit and tell it like it is.

Spot on.

THE PLAYERS HAVE NOT STOPPED TRYING- their work rate was actually good yesterday- BUT- they are not being told to do the right things

NO DOUBT- how about we try to rebuild some confidence by changing things rather than sticking with the same manager and same tactics every game

IT IS NOT ABOUT PLAYING PRETTY FOOTBALL, IT'S ABOUT PLAYING EFFECTIVE FOOTBALL- we are too predictable, we need to mix up our tactics and try too catch teams off guard, we need to rush them and force them into making mistakes, we need to get forward quickly in support of attacks- WHY ARE WE NOT DOING THESE THINGS??

Everyone agrees the board need to go, and that indirectly most of this is their fault, BUT>

THE MANAGER IS flipping poo . HE DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO WIN GAMES WHEN THE OPPOSITION DEFEND IN NUMBERS. IRVINE OUT

STRAFFORD GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND ADMIT HE WAS THE WRONG APPOINTMENT- you may be able to salvage most of the respect we had for you

Complete garbage.

We were top of the league 3 weeks ago.

We have not looked like winning a game since. All that changed was the imminent threat of admin.

Not wasting my time anymore guys - get on with it.

Regards

Lee

Come off it- 2 wins from 16 (!) to get us relegated. Then a couple of lucky wins and a 5-0 and AI must be a tactical genius. But then, bump, we lose 4 on the trot.

What is complete garbage in my post?

The bit in bold is the most important- do you agree or disagree with this?

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Mods or Admin....

Can we have a poll please?

Football matters.

a]Would all out attacking football be our best bet even if we lost a few trying?

OR

b]Would 'safe' dour anti-football earning the occasional valuable point be enough?

Simple as....

Another point which is being totally overlooked is that there were MANY preston fans who commented on AI's style of play, and everything they were posting about him and his style of "football" is coming true, he does have history, but sorry i forgot its all about pre brentford isn't it?

The problem as i see it he may have been the type of manager to try and keep us up, and to try and battle to stay up in the championship but his style is not what is needed in this division with the squad we have.

No one is letting YOU off the hook. I for one will never forget you are the one who got us into this mess.

You were also told that the players and staff were told the week before the brentford game that we are in fact in the poo poo.

You have just heard Howard confirm that very fact with his statement of "If I went we would be in admin next week".

What is our reaction to all this???? Attack the staff and players.

I have said it before and I will say it again, in this sad and all to often disgraceful series of events this past nearly 20 years we were the victims and now we have become the abuser. Apathy has turned into pure poison now (directed at players, staff and even other fans that try to effect change) and a frieghteningly large amount of us just do not deserve an honest well run football club.

The best squad in the league was top of the league before the very real, and nowt to do with the bloody players and staff, issue blew everything up.

I am embarrassed by the lack of humility and reason so many of us are demonstrating despite the full picture being right infront of our eyes.

Keep on slaughtering the people who were doing their jobs properly and letting those of the hook that screwed it all up, cause you know that's really helping guys.

Regards

Lee

They were lied to about the true financial picture as were we. They and we were shafted. They and we have admin to face unless a deal gets done.

We were all up in arms about this shafting a few weeks ago now we just want to take it out on the players and the manager.

Regards

Lee

I dont usually post on threads like this as they just turn into a circle of abuse and dont ever get anywhere. However,

Lee - I agree with your principle point and changing the upstairs is more important than what is going on on the field at this time but seriously is this really the best way to try and gain support for this argument? Your insults etc are simply taking everyone away from the point and concentrating their efforts on you instead - not helping anyone!

You are not daft and there is no doubt you love the club too so surely you yourself have to admitt the performances/results are not good enough!? You say that the players have given up as they have been shafted and yet you also seem to be defending them for it. Surely no matter what is going on they, the players, owe it to us and you as fans to put 100% into every second they have on that pitch in that kit!? You must feel that but at no point have you shown it.

You cant seriously expect the fans to just accept that the players have got a strop on but to let them just get on with it and dont take it out on them because its all the boards fault!?

Mods or Admin....

Can we have a poll please?

Football matters.

a]Would all out attacking football be our best bet even if we lost a few trying?

OR

b]Would 'safe' dour anti-football earning the occasional valuable point be enough?

Simple as....

Neither really, as when Laws was reaching the end, the fact we couldnt defend coupled with a lack of confidence up front resulted in carnage!

We need someone who is a bit of both. In my opinion we reached that vs pools and against Notts County then it dissapeared.

I am with Lee , I have full faith that once the finances are sorted our tactical genius will have us rising us the league like Wayne Rooney up a hooker.

Clearly Dougal Irvine has proved in his tenure that he can prepare teams to play attacking , succesful football as was proved in the 12 min spell against Hartlepool ( Please note for these 12 mins players were beiong paid and were happy as the coach and pizza were on time)

I didn't realise that LS had instant access to AI's dressing room. . .

You should stick to the politics, because trying to spin events on the pitch is slightly harder - largely due to the fact that we can see that poo poo with our own eyes.