DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL

The answer is 1.5 points per game pre admin and 1 point per game post.

Now stop and think.

Regards

Lee

I'm not denying the effect administration had on Crystal Palace (or what similar events have had on us at various points in the past). In fact, I posted at the time that one of two things would happen to them - they would either rally around and use it as a motivation or, more likely, the bottom would fall out of their season. For several weeks I was saying that event could be what saved us, well before it became clear the two of us were fighting out the final relegation place.

But that still doesn't confront the fact that they got 3 points more than us during that period, albeit from one extra game.

I'm not denying the effect administration had on Crystal Palace (or what similar events have had on us at various points in the past). In fact, I posted at the time that one of two things would happen to them - they would either rally around and use it as a motivation or, more likely, the bottom would fall out of their season. For several weeks I was saying that event could be what saved us, well before it became clear the two of us were fighting out the final relegation place.

But that still doesn't confront the fact that they got 3 points more than us during that period, albeit from one extra game.

Our "admin" issue last year was the £1.5m nuclear bomb hitting a squad that was 50% recruited by the previous CEO.

I kinda thought that this had been well covered and understood before now especially with our better informed posters..........

This legacy is what made the pre Brentford issue so impactful, again I thought this was well understood.................

Regards

Lee

Stop debating the style of play!!!!!!!!!

We are in virtual admin right now and could be in the real thing any day now!!!!!!!!!!

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Lee

Lee

Darren Purse and Mark Beevers, Tommy Spurr et al were lumping the ball forward hoofball style last season. And the start of this. It is not new to us almost being in admin.

In fact, Preston fans warned us that this is what we were going to be seeing from an Irvine team.

Why shouldn't we debate the style of play? This is, after all, the Matchday Section.

FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lukewarm Regards

LGH

Guest Big Guns

BRADDAZ from Owlszone?

I've never been on Owlszone.

Lee Strafford resorts to name calling just for a change. Why should I try and debate anything with someone when all he can do is call you a 'moron'.

Pathetic.

As for the nine months... As soon as we can lets rid us of Irvine. You're appointments going to be a failure Lee. Preston fans warned us and Irvine has not disappointed.

av to agree strafford comes across as pathetic on here as he was as chairman a proper wee pipe

Guest gringo69

Maybe the selling of certain Palace players was the reason their form dipped?

If this sort of thing affects our players so badly they ought to be quoted a 'shop window' scenario, why, as professionals who are playing for a club in financial difficulties would there be a negative response to these conditions, as suggested?

1, Anybody coming in to any club with investment would have an absolute interest in what happens on this pitch as this is the main aspect of 'the product'.

2, Any players in any club under pending possible administration, take on an asset 'status'.

There is absolutely no way any professional in any field should 'dip' under our current predicament, they ought to be putting themselves in a win/win situation by playing their ar5es off.

By win/ win, I mean, new owners=safe shirt, admin=club wants to keep/better transfer deal.

I don't buy this uncertainty scenario, and I have been at the head of a division of a company which was taken over. OK there were areas where we couldn't predict the outcome, but because we had produced above satisfactory performance, we came out of it better than before the take over, because the yanks who bought us knew we were good, we became prized assets, partly why they wanted to take us over in the first place.

I see it only as unprofessionalism, so these NHS staff facing budget cuts and possible job losses decide not to do so well in the operating theatres ?

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Get somebody in to motivate them and give 'em a good kick up the ar5e.

Another interesting comment from the club employee i was with last night, "They don't train like they play" so whats going on ?????????

Our "admin" issue last year was the £1.5m nuclear bomb hitting a squad that was 50% recruited by the previous CEO.

I kinda thought that this had been well covered and understood before now especially with our better informed posters..........

This legacy is what made the pre Brentford issue so impactful, again I thought this was well understood.................

Regards

Lee

I'm with you all the way on this issue. Some posters will recall (I suspect you were busy at the time and may not !) a very lengthy exchange I had going on for a few weeks either side of Brian Laws' dismissal that I simply didn't accept the widely held viewpoint that he had suddenly become incompetent (and I notice there has been little attention on Burnley's position lately for some reason, after a rabid obsession last term from some quarters). Despite a significant amount of ridicule and derision, I steadfastly maintained there were non-football reasons for our sudden slump. As far as I was concerned, it was simply a case of identifying the issue(s) at the heart of it. It was many weeks before the £1.5m shortfall was revealed to us and became the chief suspect.

But to my mind, it is only part of the story. I'm not convinced by Irvine regardless. Current boardroom and financial circumstances only exacerbate issues that will persist regardless. And the longer this drags on, the harder it will be to turn things around as the frustration and failure sets in, even if we get considerable investment, a new manager, a couple of signings or whatever.

Guest Willie Henderson

We are pretty toothless, yet we have a collection of players who had proven ability, a few year's ago.

The attacking players we have would be wanted by none of the Championship sides never mind League One.

I've Corrected it for you.

We got these cast off's cause they weren't wanted by said Championship clubs !

I'm with you all the way on this issue. Some posters will recall (I suspect you were busy at the time and may not !) a very lengthy exchange I had going on for a few weeks either side of Brian Laws' dismissal that I simply didn't accept the widely held viewpoint that he had suddenly become incompetent (and I notice there has been little attention on Burnley's position lately for some reason, after a rabid obsession last term from some quarters). Despite a significant amount of ridicule and derision, I steadfastly maintained there were non-football reasons for our sudden slump. As far as I was concerned, it was simply a case of identifying the issue(s) at the heart of it. It was many weeks before the £1.5m shortfall was revealed to us and became the chief suspect.

But to my mind, it is only part of the story. I'm not convinced by Irvine regardless. Current boardroom and financial circumstances only exacerbate issues that will persist regardless. And the longer this drags on, the harder it will be to turn things around as the frustration and failure sets in, even if we get considerable investment, a new manager, a couple of signings or whatever.

Got to hold my hands up and admit it is looking likely you were right about BL.

illegitimate :ph34r::biggrin:

If this sort of thing affects our players so badly they ought to be quoted a 'shop window' scenario, why, as professionals who are playing for a club in financial difficulties would there be a negative response to these conditions, as suggested?

1, Anybody coming in to any club with investment would have an absolute interest in what happens on this pitch as this is the main aspect of 'the product'.

2, Any players in any club under pending possible administration, take on an asset 'status'.

There is absolutely no way any professional in any field should 'dip' under our current predicament, they ought to be putting themselves in a win/win situation by playing their ar5es off.

By win/ win, I mean, new owners=safe shirt, admin=club wants to keep/better transfer deal.

I don't buy this uncertainty scenario, and I have been at the head of a division of a company which was taken over. OK there were areas where we couldn't predict the outcome, but because we had produced above satisfactory performance, we came out of it better than before the take over, because the yanks who bought us knew we were good, we became prized assets, partly why they wanted to take us over in the first place.

I see it only as unprofessionalism, so these NHS staff facing budget cuts and possible job losses decide not to do so well in the operating theatres ?

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Get somebody in to motivate them and give 'em a good kick up the ar5e.

Another interesting comment from the club employee i was with last night, "They don't train like they play" so whats going on ?????????

On the face of it, you are right. But in the real world it simply doesn't work that way. I don't have the time to be conducting any in-depth study, but I bet exceptions to this are few and far between. In this thread alone, there has been evidence of stark downward changes in form to Palace and ourselves (twice) when similar circumstances have arisen.

:laugh:

Howard - removing the board would be useless.

Lee - stop moaning at the football you've paid for and remove the board.

Dean

He said "pointless" not useless and he is wrong (just like I was wrong about shifting the family area and letting Brian renew Leon Clarkes contract for another year).

&

You also said you would stop with the snidy posts aimed at me and have still kept on churning them out.

Are you happy with who you are dude? do you think you are an honourable person?

Regards

Lee

I take no pleasure whatsoever in your grovelling apology.

# SNIGGERS #

:biggrin:

At the risk of going off topic - it will be interesting to see if Burnley can maintain their form over the course of the whole seaosn.

The main problem is that if Irvine goes then I can't see any decent manager wanting the job which means any appointment is a huge gamble.

Congratulations on making yourself look a complete and utter *** Lee.

Regards,

B.A Baracus

Congratulations to you for spending so long hiding behind a "handle" and behaving like a poisonous arse for so long on here dude.

Never once have I seen anything from you that would count as constructive nor just plain banter.

Regards

Lee