DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL

Lee, in my opinion you're playing a dangerous game with the " it's all occurred after the bombshell was dropped before Brentford".

By that theory if this investment/takeover/removal of the stooges ever happens then we should be playing champagne football the very next game...Anybody think this is likely with Irvine in charge?

I don't.

I've always been supportive of you giving it a go when nobody else stood up but please, it's clear to most of us that the guy is clueless.

THEY GAVE UP THE WEEK BEFORE THE BRENTFORD MATCH cause they thought they had been shafted.

Did it go in that time?

Regards

Lee

Have the player's wages not been paid? Have the player's had their contracts breached? If the answer is no to both I see no reason for them to "give up", compared to the average "Yorkshireman" how much are these players that have "given up" being paid?

I did not find it funny reading your shitty posts towards me this past year or so.

&

The rest of the flounce is so generic that its pathetic, but mostly I find the claim that HW & NP have pulled the rug from under my feet as very interesting. Gives you away completely.

Regards

Lee

What is generic about "YOU ARE ALIENATING PEOPLE"

and "TTG needs to find a new tack"

Now is your opportunity. Put aside the idea that I am a boardroom linked troll (which I can asure I am not- if you want me to pm you my identity I'd be glad to but I'm nothing to do with the club)

How do we go forward from here? What can we do to remove board members that have already left? How can we put pressure on them to sell when we are in the dark about the investment transaction anyway?

and secondly

Just admit you were wrong about Irvine....we can all see it. The off field explanation is just an excuse. FACT.

The big mistake is thinking it effects the players as much as the fans - it doesn't.

Most clubs are in trouble or have turmoil off the pitch, I don't blame a player for considering his position or contract safety but ultimately there will always be other teams to sign for.

These are also professional athletes who have worked upwards of 20 years to be a professional footballer, to simply take the foot off the pedal is not expected nor welcomed.

Alan should be motivating them above the hassle of boardroom and not sub-consciously telling them to be nervouse, fear the opposition or tap into the fears of the fans.

That excuse is all too conveniant.

Guest gringo69

Have the player's wages not been paid? Have the player's had their contracts breached? If the answer is no to both I see no reason for them to "give up", compared to the average "Yorkshireman" how much are these players that have "given up" being paid?

Between £2.5k and £9k per week, approx.

and that would be you just echoing the insult Dean.

Just need Rob Howe to turn up and do the same and things will be as they should be.............

Regards

Lee

What insult!?

Where!?

I have never called you a name or insulted you. Some of the real insults on facebook or on forums has been disgusting and I have never advocated that.

Being brutally honest in my criticism yes which I have always took responsibility for - I'm not here to make friends. You play the Owlstalk game like us all so have to play by the rules.

Guest Sheff Owl

All this about the admin etc has effected the players blah blah

There was an interview with JOC on RS which he was asked has the off the field stuff affected the players and he said no, there is nothing they can do with that with that, they have to concentrate on what's going on pitch.

Even Irvine said that the players talked about it in training a little bit buts thats it.

THE PLAYERS STOPPED TRYING PRE BRENTFORD.

THE RESULTANT LOSSES HAVE KILLED CONFIDENCE.

NOONE PLAYS NICE FOOTBALL WHEN YOU ARE NOT TRYING AND THiS IS FOLLOWED BY A LOSS OF CONFIDENCE.

WHY DID THIS ALL HAPPEN??????????????

Regards

Lee

THE PLAYERS HAVE NOT STOPPED TRYING- their work rate was actually good yesterday- BUT- they are not being told to do the right things

NO DOUBT- how about we try to rebuild some confidence by changing things rather than sticking with the same manager and same tactics every game

IT IS NOT ABOUT PLAYING PRETTY FOOTBALL, IT'S ABOUT PLAYING EFFECTIVE FOOTBALL- we are too predictable, we need to mix up our tactics and try too catch teams off guard, we need to rush them and force them into making mistakes, we need to get forward quickly in support of attacks- WHY ARE WE NOT DOING THESE THINGS??

Everyone agrees the board need to go, and that indirectly most of this is their fault, BUT>

THE MANAGER IS flipping poo . HE DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO WIN GAMES WHEN THE OPPOSITION DEFEND IN NUMBERS. IRVINE OUT

STRAFFORD GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND ADMIT HE WAS THE WRONG APPOINTMENT- you may be able to salvage most of the respect we had for you

THEY GAVE UP THE WEEK BEFORE THE BRENTFORD MATCH cause they thought they had been shafted.

Did it go in that time?

Regards

Lee

Rubbish get a vid of daganham game we played just as poo poo that game but scraped a win cause they were crap and had a fat goalkeeper, we have had 1 semblance of a good performance in ten games ie at the monkey hangers but carllise showed last night that they will have a few more of those this season

Only diff between now and start of season is that now we are getting results our dire play deserves, we are getting.g stuck in the rut our negative tactics deserves just like Preston were last year before Irvine was sacked, good coach does not a great manager make!

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

They all know players that have been lied to by managers and boards that ended up in admin and wages did not get paid.

They were all told it would be ok all summer.

They were shafted just like we were.

Does the above not explain why there has been such a clear change in application and attitude of the players???

I would like to remind everyone that I do not support this attitude - I wish players had the same attitude as 20 years ago but they don't and that is the reality of how today's footballers think and the board knew it throughout as they mismanaged things over the summer and it all blew up three weeks ago.

YOU JUST HAD HOWARD SAY ON RECORD THAT IF HE WALKED THE CLUB WOULD BE PUT STRAIGHT INTO ADMIN.

Come on guys seriously.

Regards

Lee

All this about the admin etc has effected the players blah blah

There was an interview with JOC on RS which he was asked has the off the field stuff affected the players and he said no, there is nothing they can do with that with that, they have to concentrate on what's going on pitch.

Even Irvine said that the players talked about it in training a little bit buts thats it.

We were also relegated at the end of last season, that was well before the Brentford game.

The big mistake is thinking it effects the players as much as the fans - it doesn't.

Most clubs are in trouble or have turmoil off the pitch, I don't blame a player for considering his position or contract safety but ultimately there will always be other teams to sign for.

These are also professional athletes who have worked upwards of 20 years to be a professional footballer, to simply take the foot off the pedal is not expected nor welcomed.

Alan should be motivating them above the hassle of boardroom and not sub-consciously telling them to be nervouse, fear the opposition or tap into the fears of the fans.

That excuse is all too conveniant.

As I posted earlier, on the face of it, all that makes perfect sense.

But in the real world it rarely works that way. Criticise the individuals involved all you like, but it would appear to be human nature and therefore extremely difficult to overcome.

THE PLAYERS HAVE NOT STOPPED TRYING- their work rate was actually good yesterday- BUT- they are not being told to do the right things

NO DOUBT- how about we try to rebuild some confidence by changing things rather than sticking with the same manager and same tactics every game

IT IS NOT ABOUT PLAYING PRETTY FOOTBALL, IT'S ABOUT PLAYING EFFECTIVE FOOTBALL- we are too predictable, we need to mix up our tactics and try too catch teams off guard, we need to rush them and force them into making mistakes, we need to get forward quickly in support of attacks- WHY ARE WE NOT DOING THESE THINGS??

Everyone agrees the board need to go, and that indirectly most of this is their fault, BUT>

THE MANAGER IS flipping poo . HE DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO WIN GAMES WHEN THE OPPOSITION DEFEND IN NUMBERS. IRVINE OUT

STRAFFORD GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE AND ADMIT HE WAS THE WRONG APPOINTMENT- you may be able to salvage most of the respect we had for you

Complete garbage.

We were top of the league 3 weeks ago.

We have not looked like winning a game since. All that changed was the imminent threat of admin.

Not wasting my time anymore guys - get on with it.

Regards

Lee

Lee, you have passion and commitment in abundance, and I also believe you have much that needs to be heard.

But seriously, this isn't working.

And please don't misunderstand me - I WANT YOU TO GET YOUR MESSAGE ACROSS.

But this just isn't the way.

You're clearly alienating so many of us.

And your bully analogy earlier - I'm sorry to say this, but it's you that's coming across as the only bully on these boards at the moment.

Edited by DamnedOwl

We were also relegated at the end of last season, that was well before the Brentford game.

But didn't last season feature a similar hitting of the wall when all appeared to be going reasonably comfortably? And didn't this coincide with a number of off-field issues, including financial ones?

Guest Sheff Owl

We got battered by Bury and could have easily lost by 4 and that would not have flattered Bury.

They deserved to win and should have easily.

What was the excuse for that?

But didn't last season feature a similar hitting of the wall when all appeared to be going reasonably comfortably? And didn't this coincide with a number of off-field issues, including financial ones?

Agreed, but if Lee's theory is correct the first five games of this season were rosey - with Brentford being somekind of watershed.

I was worried at Colchester no matter what result.

Complete garbage.

We were top of the league 3 weeks ago.

We have not looked like winning a game since. All that changed was the imminent threat of admin.

Not wasting my time anymore guys - get on with it.

Regards

Lee

So what was the excuse for some of the dire early season performances where we were lucky ie daganhem and bury? All that has happened is luck has ran out!