DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL

Guest oliver666

Unbelievable, most of you can't see the wood for the trees. To suggest our current situation doesn't affect coaching team & squad is ridiculous. It's not just the uncertainty but the entire atmosphere around the place at the minute, not just in the ground on matchdays but everywhere they go.

Anyway I'm not here to make excuses as there are things all involved could be doing better including ourselves.

One thing is for sure and that's that AI and the team will get it right before this sorry state ends.

I'm working Saturday, genuinely gutted I can't make it as we are due a win lol

Our current situation hasn't changed, winding up order again. On that basis where do you think our next win is coming from.

Most Preston fans would welcome him back?

I can 100% guarantee that we wouldnt. not in a million years.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously deluding themselves.

I remember when you appointed Irvine, This Strafford character was sounding off about how no one really knew why he'd been sacked from Preston, and insinuated that they was some sort of nepotism at play (our major shareholder and investor is good mates with Alex Ferguson). The truth is our major shareholder had invested 15m into the club, which Irvine had spent on players who he either refused to play, were completely rubbish, or were completely lacking in any pace or creativity. Our youth development team seemingly despise him because he refused to give any of our youth players a spot on the bench, even when we couldnt field a full bench and told them on many occasions they were a million miles from the required standard ( one of these players has just earned a full international NI call up 9 months later). He also had a crazy habit of talking up opposition before we played them, almost giving the impression we were conceding defeat before we stepped out on a pitch, and he also came out with the most crazily pessimistic statement while we were sat in 4th place in february after drawing with the then high flying reading during the play off season where he said "we'd just escaped relegation" (which precipitated a run of form that almost saw us out the plays offs and needed a 12 point, 20 goals turnaround with Cardiff in 4 games).

dotn get me wrong, there were some good times, namely the play offs, but we got there off the back of a monumental roger up from cardiff (with a little help from your boys. thanks JJ ;)), and in particular one of the most fortunate 6-0 wins you will ever see against them (still good fun though). But the way we performed and the way he set the team out for the play offs meant we might as well not have been there anyway.

The man was a disaster for our club. Theres no 2 ways about it. I hope hes learned and can push you on because you all seem a decent lot, but with the way your ex chairman is going on, id be tempted to believe that Irvine himself doesnt believe he should have been sacked and didnt even really make any mistakes.

Our current situation hasn't changed, winding up order again. On that basis where do you think our next win is coming from.

On the basis that the effort is there, a bit of luck will go our way and galvanise the supporters and slowly but surely the confidence will come back.

The players will also realise they can't influence things off the pitch but our SUPPORT will be enough and all they need to turn it around

Guest Triplej2

I can 100% guarantee that we wouldnt. not in a million years.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously deluding themselves.

I remember when you appointed Irvine, This Strafford character was sounding off about how no one really knew why he'd been sacked from Preston, and insinuated that they was some sort of nepotism at play (our major shareholder and investor is good mates with Alex Ferguson). The truth is our major shareholder had invested 15m into the club, which Irvine had spent on players who he either refused to play, were completely rubbish, or were completely lacking in any pace or creativity. Our youth development team seemingly despise him because he refused to give any of our youth players a spot on the bench, even when we couldnt field a full bench and told them on many occasions they were a million miles from the required standard ( one of these players has just earned a full international NI call up 9 months later). He also had a crazy habit of talking up opposition before we played them, almost giving the impression we were conceding defeat before we stepped out on a pitch, and he also came out with the most crazily pessimistic statement while we were sat in 4th place in february after drawing with the then high flying reading during the play off season where he said "we'd just escaped relegation" (which precipitated a run of form that almost saw us out the plays offs and needed a 12 point, 20 goals turnaround with Cardiff in 4 games).

dotn get me wrong, there were some good times, namely the play offs, but we got there off the back of a monumental roger up from cardiff (with a little help from your boys. thanks JJ ;)), and in particular one of the most fortunate 6-0 wins you will ever see against them (still good fun though). But the way we performed and the way he set the team out for the play offs meant we might as well not have been there anyway.

The man was a disaster for our club. Theres no 2 ways about it. I hope hes learned and can push you on because you all seem a decent lot, but with the way your ex chairman is going on, id be tempted to believe that Irvine himself doesnt believe he should have been sacked and didnt even really make any mistakes.

How d'ya like them apples Lee?

Go on, dismantle that post if you can!

How d'ya like them apples Lee?

Go on, dismantle that post if you can!

One opinion from one Preston fan...................Standing ovation at Deepdale when he returned from circa 10,000 Preston fans.

&

AI never had any involvement in transfer and wages negotiations at Preston. This was all handled by the Chairman.

Oh and you are and always will be a complete arsehole.

How do you like them apples???

Regards

Lee

Guest Buxtonian

One opinion from one Preston fan...................Standing ovation at Deepdale when he returned from circa 10,000 Preston fans.

&

AI never had any involvement in transfer and wages negotiations at Preston. This was all handled by the Chairman.

Regards

Lee

According to everyone at SW the new signings are Irvine's choices. With the possible exception of Coke, it doesn't say much for his choice.

And if he intends playing the long, high ball game, why does he players of diminutive stature. Looking at what we have seen so far, this didn't work against Championship defenders, and the current defenders in L1 appear to be even TALLER and bigger.

I don't think, however that the players attitudes have helped. Surely they can get it into their tiny minds that the way out of trouble is to play. This may attract investors, or failing that, if we went into Admin, they are then in the shop window.

check that link i posted yesterday lee for the preston forum.i think u will find its more than 1 fan and some have woke up and seen the damage he did.

No way - so what you are saying is that following the dismissal of a well respected and much loved manager who received a standing ovation from 10k PNE fans despite losing his job after a horrendous losing streak (strange that dont you think) and following the appointment of a manager that has been plagued with many stories of dressing room disruption and a big backlash against the board there, that there has been a smear campaign aimed at AI claiming that he was the one that wasted all the money on players and this has turned the moronic types within the PNE fanbase on him.

Never would have guessed it. :blink:

Regards

Lee

&

Regards

Lee

Lived in Preston for three years and saw them play many a time.

The football they played was mostly of a poor quality, but was effective.

AI rebuilt the squad and made a fair few transfers but ultimately, in the opinion of many fans up there, took the club backwards.

However - they still appreciate the fact he saved them from relegation and got them to the play offs.

If Brian Laws came back to Hillsborough with another team I would give him a standing ovation, despite the fact I wouldn't want him near our managers position again.

That's the distinction a lot of fans can make - appreciation for the good things a manager did, but also realising they wouldn't want them back.

Preston fans, in my experience, are pretty sensible and gracious.

Lived in Preston for three years and saw them play many a time.

The football they played was mostly of a poor quality, but was effective.

AI rebuilt the squad and made a fair few transfers but ultimately, in the opinion of many fans up there, took the club backwards.

However - they still appreciate the fact he saved them from relegation and got them to the play offs.

If Brian Laws came back to Hillsborough with another team I would give him a standing ovation, despite the fact I wouldn't want him near our managers position again.

That's the distinction a lot of fans can make - appreciation for the good things a manager did, but also realising they wouldn't want them back.

Preston fans, in my experience, are pretty sensible and gracious.

Seriously why the f*ck would you do that?

Seriously why the f*ck would you do that?

A good run in the league 06/07.

Some excellent, attacking football at times.

Brought in more money in transfer fees than any SWFC manager in recent times.

Signed Lee Grant.

Took his name off the legal action.

Several memorable wins over the blunts.

When we had no Chairman he was the voice of the club.

As most on here will know, I was a critic of Laws towards the end. However, one has to acknowledge the fact that barring Paul Sturrock, he was the most succesful manager we've had since Francis.

What is Lee Strafford doing on this forum. He does not care about Sheffield Wednesday and is just on here patronising people who he considers

inferior. Who does he think he is calling loyal fans of this club morons for making valid points about the dross they are paying their money to see week in week out?

I have spoken to someone who worked for him at Plusnet and he had no idea of his interest in football. Why is that? Everyone I work with knows I support Sheffield Wednesday,

and I assume most people on here can say the same. It must have been nice to have a free ride at our clubs expense and live the dream, problem is he has made a mess and

we are still paying for it. I can understand him sticking up for Irvine, because having read and listened to his self important drivel for the last couple of years I have come to realise

he is never wrong.

Sorry, that is wrong about the Plusnet stuff plain and simple. My brother has worked there for some time and still does, when LS used to work there it was common knowledge that LS was a big SWFC fan. Plusnet sponsered SWFC before LS was made chairman of SWFC in the days of DA, purely I guess on the back of the fact LS was and is a massive SWFC fan.

The person you have spoken to must have been working in a broom closet from what I've heard about Plusnet when LS worked there.

I suggest you check up on your facts before posting.

Edited by Pinky

Guest Triplej2

&

Regards

Lee

But AI's football is f*cking terrible. He took us down last season with plenty of time to save us. The football and results in pre season was sh*t. The football this season has largely been sh*t. Long ball, negative and clueless.

You are stubborn, deluded and paranoid.

You'd say the board were responsible 9/11 if you thought it would bring them down. I think you're dangerous.

Anyway, this shots & shots on target ratio...?

I think statistics can be used in many ways to get over a point of view.

7 out of 10 people say that's not true.

Rob

This may be true, but DJM is a Nobber because he also confuses matters with FACTS...!

Guest Buxtonian

No way - so what you are saying is that following the dismissal of a well respected and much loved manager who received a standing ovation from 10k PNE fans despite losing his job after a horrendous losing streak (strange that dont you think) and following the appointment of a manager that has been plagued with many stories of dressing room disruption and a big backlash against the board there, that there has been a smear campaign aimed at AI claiming that he was the one that wasted all the money on players and this has turned the moronic types within the PNE fanbase on him.

Never would have guessed it. :blink:

Regards

Lee

I'm not particularly interested in his affairs at PNE.

I thought at first it seemed an astute move. I'm simply judging him, maybe a little early, on his results THIS SEASON at Hillsborough