DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL

Guest gringo69

But if we get investment, they wont have been "shafted".

If they are getting paid, they haven't been "shafted".

If we go into admin, they'll either stay or be sold, not "shafted".

The only people who have been "shafted" are the fans, who've paid Championship money to watch Div 1 dross.

We all know who is to blame, we either live in a blame culture of the past, or face the future and grow a pair.

All this about the admin etc has effected the players blah blah

There was an interview with JOC on RS which he was asked has the off the field stuff affected the players and he said no, there is nothing they can do with that with that, they have to concentrate on what's going on pitch.

Even Irvine said that the players talked about it in training a little bit buts thats it.

They have to say these things as it is how the PR is done.

Did you really expect them to say "I had offers to go to championship clubs but stayed to get the club promoted to make up for last year and just got shafted by this shitty board"????

Did you expect Alan to say that "all the players and their wives have been talking about not getting paid the last few weeks and all the agents have been trying to get them to move clubs sharpish"???

I am, like I always have, just telling what has happened and what the reaction has been - you can just argue with me and ignore me if you like, I have learned the hard way that its the Wednesdayite way.

Regards

Lee

Edited by Lee Strafford

Congratulations to you for spending so long hiding behind a "handle" and behaving like a poisonous arse for so long on here dude.

Never once have I seen anything from you that would count as constructive nor just plain banter.

Regards

Lee

To be quite honest, i couldn't give two shits what you think to my posts (which there aren't many because i hardly post on here anymore).

From your posts in this thread it's become quite clear that you have totally lost the plot and going on other respected posters in this thread, they have noticed it too.

As someone else has said, if you hadn't been the chairman then you would be absolutely ripped to pieces by everyone on this forum and it's only the respect you gained during your time as chairman that's helping you avoid being completely destroyed by the majority of posters.

Your posts in this thread are quite frankly embarassing. From a "respected, successful businessman" and former chairman of a big football club, to come onto a forum and call the fans who YOU turned to for support during your time as chairman "morons", "poisonous arse" etc.....you sound very similar to another former chairman!

That former chairman is absolutely hated at Hillsborough, do you want to end up the same way?

Quit while your ahead "dude"!

But if we get investment, they wont have been "shafted".

If they are getting paid, they haven't been "shafted".

If we go into admin, they'll either stay or be sold, not "shafted".

The only people who have been "shafted" are the fans, who've paid Championship money to watch Div 1 dross.

We all know who is to blame, we either live in a blame culture of the past, or face the future and grow a pair.

They were lied to about the true financial picture as were we. They and we were shafted. They and we have admin to face unless a deal gets done.

We were all up in arms about this shafting a few weeks ago now we just want to take it out on the players and the manager.

Regards

Lee

I see what Lee is saying. There is no way that the turmoil off the pitch has not knocked the stuffing out of the players and staff, demoralising them just as it did Laws when the 1.5m "dissappeared".

But unless the players have not been paid, or unless we have actually gone into admin and been docked 10 points then the excuse only goes so far 3 out of the last 4 seasons weve gone on terrible losing runs that have really put paid to our season. This time were at a lower level with a stronger team, who supposedly have a better character. I understand that SWFC is not a nice place to work and play football right now, but the performances could be better theres no question.

I think that on the whole as fans now we are not willing to give any slack and we jump on the teams back at the first opportunity as the fanbase is sick of it. I agree that it would be great to get behind them and galvanise the team in the face of adversity, but as a side issue the manager has been making one or two poor decisions which the fans arent happy to support!

Nothings ever black and white, its not just because of the admin situation and its equally not just Irvine and the players. I really dont know the answer, ideally, getting behind Irvine and the players regardless of his decisions and performances would perhaps be the best policy? Although I cant see many buying into that anymore unfortunately. Were a bi polar fan base these days, were either getting carried away with wins or reaching for sharp implements when we lose...it takes a special sort of manager and player to perform here.

To be quite honest, i couldn't give two shits what you think to my posts (which there aren't many because i hardly post on here anymore).

From your posts in this thread it's become quite clear that you have totally lost the plot and going on other respected posters in this thread, they have noticed it too.

As someone else has said, if you hadn't been the chairman then you would be absolutely ripped to pieces by everyone on this forum and it's only the respect you gained during your time as chairman that's helping you avoid being completely destroyed by the majority of posters.

Your posts in this thread are quite frankly embarassing. From a "respected, successful businessman" and former chairman of a big football club, to come onto a forum and call the fans who YOU turned to for support during your time as chairman "morons", "poisonous arse" etc.....you sound very similar to another former chairman!

That former chairman is absolutely hated at Hillsborough, do you want to end up the same way?

The sad fact is, I absolutely agree with most of what he has said in this thread (I stand by my criticism of Irvine and his methods though) and indeed tried to make a similar case towards the end of 2009 when Laws' team hit the wall.

But as for the way that message is delivered...

Happy to engage with any long term poster about the reality of things and have done quite successfully in this very thread (DJM as a good example).

You are just smearing and thats all you have ever done with your infrequent posts.

Regards

Lee

Happy to engage with any long term poster about the reality of things and have done quite successfully in this very thread (DJM as a good example).

You are just smearing and thats all you have ever done with your infrequent posts.

Regards

Lee

Continue with destroying your reputation then.

Regards,

B.A Baracus

Guest Sheff Owl

Did you really expect them to say "I had offers to go to championship clubs but stayed to get the club promoted to make up for last year and just got shafted by this shitty board"????

Did you expect Alan to say that "all the players and their wives have been talking about not getting paid the last few weeks and all the agents have been trying to get them to move clubs sharpish"???

I am, like I always have, just telling what has happened and what the reaction has been - you can just argue with me and ignore me if you like, I have learned the hard way that its the Wednesdayite way.

Regards

Lee

I am just making a point of what is coming from the players and management that's it.

So basically you are saying that the players and Irvine are lying?

What are we to believe when we hear the interviews then?

Fans are not stupid, people would get a lot more respect if the Manager came out and said yes the players are finding it a bit hard with the off field stuff but to kinda deny it what's that say?

Regards

Lee

DJM is broadly agreeing with you though.

Everyone who doesn't agree you accuse of either being a troll or a moron or something similar.

Get a grip man. Extend the same respect for us as we do to you and things might calm down a bit so we can have a civilised discussion.

Regards

Lee

If thats the case, then perhaps off the field events are impacting more than many are suggesting.

I am just making a point of what is coming from the players and management that's it.

So basically you are saying that the players and Irvine are lying?

What are we to believe when we hear the interviews then?

Fans are not stupid, people would get a lot more respect if the Manager came out and said yes the players are finding it a bit hard with the off field stuff but to kinda deny it what's that say?

Come on... what planet have you been living on?

Half of the content of all football interviews EVER are nothing more than perfunctory PR that only have a fleeting relationship with the simple truth.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

You will not change his mind.....nor get any acknowledgement of any mistake, whether it was his alone or made in conjunction with others.

We are where we are and it is unhelpful.

However, the overwhelming issue is how can the football side improve.

Whatever anyone says or the excuses for it, a change in approach has to happen.

If that is without Irvine so be it.

If it is with Irvine, then he and the coaches are the only ones to really influence team performance - the sea change in tactics and professional motivation can only come from Irvine - I am sure huge backing can and will be given to the side if they are at least giving it a go.

Guest Buxtonian

Lee. I may not have lived in Yorkshire for 45 years. This has been entirely due to work which has been in North Derbyshire and the Peak district, but I wish to point out that I HAVE NOT LOST MY YORKSHIRE ROOTS . I have been, and always will be, a Yorkshireman. I was also watching Wednesday before you were a twinkle in your Father's eye, unless his eye was twinkling in 1947,so I think I can claim to be something of a Wednesdayite. Two attributes normally associated with a Yorkshireman are grit (or guts) and straight speaking.

I realise that there has been and probably still is 'trouble at' pit', something I encountered often in my working life. The fact that we still have some 'poo poo directors' annoys me intensely. I had a Manager who tried to make life as hard for me as possible, but I persevered. Last night, I did something that in all my days supporting the Owls that I have never done before. I refused to put myself out to watch a load of thieving wasters playing in my beloved Blue & White. Yes, thieving, because at no time have their pockets been threatened, but they have the nerve to pickup wages for not doing the job they are paid to do. Play football. This has nothing to do with the boardroom! It's about eleven men pulling on the shirt and doing the job they are grossly overpaid for! They feel they have a complaint, or feel unsecure, and so are upset? Try telling that to the thousands of Miners & Steelworkers (and others) who have lost their jobs but still scrape together enough to watch their beloved Owls.

I would like to think that change in the form of investment was around the corner, and I honestly believed that you could be our Moses and lead us to the promised land. I have supported you throughout, but I am afraid that the tone of your posting on here today hinders rather than helps this come about. If you can't come up with something constructive, keep your gob shut and stop abusing fellow posters who are more concerned with seeing their side win, than inflating their own ego. I do not consider your current attitude is helping investment come. in fact, were I an Investor I would be considering my position with people like you around.

Lee. I may not have lived in Yorkshire for 45 years. This has been entirely due to work which has been in North Derbyshire and the Peak district, but I wish to point out that I HAVE NOT LOST MY YORKSHIRE ROOTS . I have been, and always will be, a Yorkshireman. I was also watching Wednesday before you were a twinkle in your Father's eye, unless his eye was twinkling in 1947,so I think I can claim to be something of a Wednesdayite. Two attributes normally associated with a Yorkshireman are grit (or guts) and straight speaking.

I realise that there has been and probably still is 'trouble at' pit', something I encountered often in my working life. The fact that we still have some 'poo poo directors' annoys me intensely. I had a Manager who tried to make life as hard for me as possible, but I persevered. Last night, I did something that in all my days supporting the Owls that I have never done before. I refused to put myself out to watch a load of thieving wasters playing in my beloved Blue & White. Yes, thieving, because at no time have their pockets been threatened, but they have the nerve to pickup wages for not doing the job they are paid to do. Play football. This has nothing to do with the boardroom! It's about eleven men pulling on the shirt and doing the job they are grossly overpaid for! They feel they have a complaint, or feel unsecure, and so are upset? Try telling that to the thousands of Miners & Steelworkers (and others) who have lost their jobs but still scrape together enough to watch their beloved Owls.

I would like to think that change in the form of investment was around the corner, and I honestly believed that you could be our Moses and lead us to the promised land. I have supported you throughout, but I am afraid that the tone of your posting on here today hinders rather than helps this come about. If you can't come up with something constructive, keep your gob shut and stop abusing fellow posters who are more concerned with seeing their side win, than inflating their own ego. I do not consider your current attitude is helping investment come. in fact, were I an Investor I would be considering my position with people like you around.

TOP POST.

They were lied to about the true financial picture as were we. They and we were shafted. They and we have admin to face unless a deal gets done.

We were all up in arms about this shafting a few weeks ago now we just want to take it out on the players and the manager.

Regards

Lee

I have to admit, I beleive that admin has affected the team.

However, the football in my opinion has never been good. The first match I went to see in under Irvine was QPR away and it was dire. long ball. poo . That said, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and still am really. He did widen the pitch and Id like to think that was for a reason.

Id be interested to know Lee, given the abuse you have taken on here for the appointment of AI, do you think he actually plays attractive football? Note that im not neccessarily knocking your decision to hire him, at the end of the day he had saved preston from relegation so probably looked a candidate (though not to those wanting Keegan)

He does appear very conservative though, and in this league with the players we have it does appear a bit strange and obviously highly frustrating for our fans given the size of the club and what we expect.

Eitherway, we need to get behind the manaer and the team.

p.s. intuitively Lee, I can imagine your frustration at constantly having to justify yourself but dont let it get to you or your gonna alienate all the fans, as well as the kn0bheads.

AI doesn't have to tell us every single detail though does he?

But I don't know why he can't at least acknowledge that all this is affecting the players if it really is.

In fact, it would have probably had a greater impact on changing the views of the fans as to the seriousness of our situation than many of these other ventures.

It might also have created a greater degree of tolerance about the current results.

dont get shots becaus no one passes rumbleing ball to them when have you seen any forward ball at feet running at goal

counted completed number of passes last night answer 3 max then big hoof lost posession end of attack thats why we dont get

shots off.one other thing why do they all move to one side of pitch for goal kicks why not keep formation and go streight for goal

need to get more direct on goal instead of loosing ball all the time don flanks gie strikers ball to run onto instead of having to scrap

for every pass they get