a new offer from C9S

Guest billsaja

So far investment has been declined hasn't it?

The Sheard saga didn't drag on for this long either.

Can't see as the new deal will be that much improved on the pevious one unless they have another invester onboard. I'd prefer to wait for some other invester who can prove they have the reddies. Surely the club in in a better shape to receive investment in view of the work thats gone on in the last 8 months.

Sheard saga ran 11 months.

DLA never did diligence on Club9Sports or Prometheus, they started and were assured by LS that he was "relaxed" about their credentials since they were introduced by a sports lawyer in Chicago who was supposedly credible.

They need to trot along now unless they have the money, it's still here and still causing divisions.

It was in LS's interest to "engage with potential investors" in November since he was about to get booted out of his job because after 10+ months the board, and crucially Lee's one key ally on the board, was growing tired of promises of impending salvation - happened in May but then we got ICS which bought him until November at which point "hey presto" C9S popped up. The minute they were officially shown up for what they were, he "resigned", let's call a spade a spade here, C9S being in the press and "about to invest" suited everyone involved in that little fiasco.

As for new investors on the scene now, the clues are out there (and I don't mean Coppa, no idea who they are nor what's happening with them).

DLA never did diligence on Club9Sports or Prometheus, they started and were assured by LS that he was "relaxed" about their credentials since they were introduced by a sports lawyer in Chicago who was supposedly credible.

They need to trot along now unless they have the money, it's still here and still causing divisions.

It was in LS's interest to "engage with potential investors" in November since he was about to get booted out of his job because after 10+ months the board, and crucially Lee's one key ally on the board, was growing tired of promises of impending salvation - happened in May but then we got ICS which bought him until November at which point "hey presto" C9S popped up. The minute they were officially shown up for what they were, he "resigned", let's call a spade a spade here, C9S being in the press and "about to invest" suited everyone involved in that little fiasco.

As for new investors on the scene now, the clues are out there (and I don't mean Coppa, no idea who they are nor what's happening with them).

How would you know that?

Fact is Bills, no one but the Yanks have lodged a formal bid in donkey's years so they are currently the only game is town at moment.

And for every daft Yank, there's some excellent ones - listen to O'Neill go on about his wonderful Chairman.

No one could manage this club as bad as it has been in past few years. I'm sure you've read auto biographies of Big Ron, Di Canio, Cantona et al, like many of us have. It was so bad it was unbelievable - even if only half of it's true.

Plus , seems you've no idea what a banking covenant is so the Emperor's got no clothes.

Guest billsaja

Fact is Bills, no one but the Yanks have lodged a formal bid in donkey's years so they are currently the only game is town at moment.

And for every daft Yank, there's some excellent ones - listen to O'Neill go on about his wonderful Chairman.

No one could manage this club as bad as it has been in past few years. I'm sure you've read auto biographies of Big Ron, Di Canio, Cantona et al, like many of us have. It was so bad it was unbelievable - even if only half of it's true.

Plus , seems you've no idea what a banking covenant is so the Emperor's got no clothes.

You and your precious banking covenant - we've already breached half our covenants with the bank, they wouldn't need the stadium revaluation as a reason to force us in to admin, they could do it whenever they wanted, but won't. You just have this fixation that the stadium is being revalued so we're about to breach (am imagined) debt to asset ratio - there is no gearing provision in the loan, it's in the accounts if you care to look - but maybe if you keep saying "banking covenant" we'll start to think there is some urgency to accept the Yank offer?

Remind me, May 16th, the day you joined here - wasn't that immediately after the C9S offer was rejected? Seems you heard that news and just had to give your view on banking covenants being breached..............

I think there's a big difference between Randy Lerner (confirmed net worth) and the mob we've got hanging around here like a bad smell.

There are other games in town, they are just choosing to talk to the club, rather than the media and Facebook.

I do agree with the fact the present owners are not the people we want taking us forwards - I just also feel that Radio Hallam interviews, press releases and Facebook groups aren't the way to remove them.

Money talks (and then the dinosaurs walk)

Guest grumbleweed

Have you really any idea how much testicles you talk? SHELF/SHELL companies....lol!!! you really dont have a idea do you so stop trying to confuse people. If you did know, seriously, then you would know the technical term is a holding company, just as Abramovich set up when he bought Chelsea, but of course in your little world he is a crook too, spank the naughty Russian chap.....!!! Grow up, and stop trying to punch above your weight.

I have told you before, you have investors SHOW US THE MONEY.....COME ON BILLSHITTER.....SHOW US THE MONEY!!!!!

Guest AnotherOwl

I've nothing against Americans, but I wish this lot would just go away. This embarrassment has gone on for too long. Let's move on.

Absolute class! Maybe he'll go away now. He ony turns up when there's 'trouble at the mill' :angry:

Well said and in so few words :biggrin:

to be fair... I only add to things that interest me, so that argument is pretty weak.

In all fairness to this Billsaja character, he puts forward very good arguments which no-one has really countered... time will be the best argument I suppose?

Bills, have you any idea how quickly if ever these 2 mysterious potential investors could make an offer because I think if things go on much longer with no budget for AI, the board will come under pressure to accept anything from club 9?

What about the potential Swiss deal that Mark Corbidge mentioned? heard owt?

Cheers

I 've kept my mouth shut because I was hoping we'd mug the Yanks into a decent offer. But I've still seen Pele at Hillsborough.

So Bills , if the stadium gets re-valued at £10 million you think the Co-Op are still gonna let us have a £20 million loan- ie a 200% mortgage? Dream on.

And what if John Harkes is one of their co-investors? Geddit?

And do we even care about background of investors if they go out a buy a 25 goal striker etc tomorrow? Don't hear many Man City whinging on about some of the characters who've darkened their doors recently?

..blah, blah, blah, blah...me, me , me , me ,me ,me,....last word..last word last word.....blah blah blah blaaaaaaaaaaaah..ME ME ME ME ...MY COCCCKS THE BIGGEST...MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BULLSHIIIIIIIIIITE....

I know we are in a tangle but C9S aren't the way forward.

I'm just amazed we let this drag on as long as we did.

There should have been a discipled deadline to adhere to, may be the end of 2009. What a waste of time, energy and resources.

It should have been "put up or shut up". Instead we find by their own admission they have only £2m now.

It's naive to accept that they would put the other money in - after all previous committed money has been withdrawn by their investors/backers.

Guest billsaja

Bills, have you any idea how quickly if ever these 2 mysterious potential investors could make an offer because I think if things go on much longer with no budget for AI, the board will come under pressure to accept anything from club 9?

What about the potential Swiss deal that Mark Corbidge mentioned? heard owt?

Cheers

Board are accepting 5mil or staying, that much has been made clear to all parties.

Of the two parties I am aware of, I don't think there is much to delay things. The due diligence materials are all prepared already, the deal is pre-agreed. I think IF they want to do the deal - and still no definitive yes on that - it will happen in 3 - 4 weeks.

That is pure speculation but based on some experience with such things

Much like the Sheard fiasco?

Board are accepting 5mil or staying, that much has been made clear to all parties.

Of the two parties I am aware of, I don't think there is much to delay things. The due diligence materials are all prepared already, the deal is pre-agreed. I think IF they want to do the deal - and still no definitive yes on that - it will happen in 3 - 4 weeks.

That is pure speculation but based on some experience with such things

Is this post meant to have comedic value?

My apologies if not.

Edited by phil haigh