a new offer from C9S

I 've kept my mouth shut because I was hoping we'd mug the Yanks into a decent offer. But I've still seen Pele at Hillsborough.

So Bills , if the stadium gets re-valued at £10 million you think the Co-Op are still gonna let us have a £20 million loan- ie a 200% mortgage? Dream on.

And what if John Harkes is one of their co-investors? Geddit?

And do we even care about background of investors if they go out a buy a 25 goal striker etc tomorrow? Don't hear many Man City whinging on about some of the characters who've darkened their doors recently?

Can I just say I blo*dy do mate!

It matters a great deal to me who and what these people are

The same people who chipped away a deal and then instead of closing stood around and waited sensing a wounded Club I cannot forgive them for it.

Edited by steelowl

Board are accepting 5mil or staying, that much has been made clear to all parties.

Of the two parties I am aware of, I don't think there is much to delay things. The due diligence materials are all prepared already, the deal is pre-agreed. I think IF they want to do the deal - and still no definitive yes on that - it will happen in 3 - 4 weeks.

That is pure speculation but based on some experience with such things

Thanks for that

Guest owlsowlsowls

The convenient timing, of the arrival of the 2 mystery groups, that you've mentioned. Same principal? :ph34r:

There's 1 group with an offer the board are looking at now (not including cloud 9). A N other group are getting nervy because they may have cocked it up . Isn't that right Bills ? :ph34r:

Can I just say I blo*dy do mate!

It matters a great deal to me who and what these people are

The same people who chipped away a deal and then instead of closing stood around and waited sensing a wounded Club I cannot forgive them for it.

You want to get off your moral high horse mate and get some perspective.

Just becuase you love our club doesnt mean some Yanks are going to. Millions of pounds do not grow on trees and investing them in football is an extremely risky business.

I 've kept my mouth shut because I was hoping we'd mug the Yanks into a decent offer. But I've still seen Pele at Hillsborough.

So Bills , if the stadium gets re-valued at £10 million you think the Co-Op are still gonna let us have a £20 million loan- ie a 200% mortgage? Dream on.

I'm sorry but you dont have a flippingclue what you are writing about.

The ground valuation in the accounts is on a depreciated cost of replacement not its net realisable value...

So long as the auditors accept a going concern basis then the valuation will remain on the same basis and presumably the cost of building football grounds has not diminished hugely...

The Co-op bank understand accounting standards rules and how the BS figure is derived and they are fully aware that they could not sell the ground for £25m...

You want to get off your moral high horse mate and get some perspective.

Just becuase you love our club doesnt mean some Yanks are going to. Millions of pounds do not grow on trees and investing them in football is an extremely risky business.

you have your thoughts on it mate I'll have mine we'll see who's right

you have your thoughts on it mate I'll have mine we'll see who's right

Im not advocating the Yanks whatsoever, i am indifferent when it comes to all the speculation. However from a purely business perspective, it makes sense to buy low sell high...

Im not advocating the Yanks whatsoever, i am indifferent when it comes to all the speculation. However from a purely business perspective, it makes sense to buy low sell high...

Completely aware of that - but whether you think it's a moral high horse or not, sound business practice on their part or not I'm not buying in to them.

I've been following the whole confusing circus, that is C9S since I joined OT recently. My biggest concern or a couple that I have actually are as follows;

#1 - Whilst they are allegedly launching a second offer, I agree the club should not just disregard it without finding out the exact contents of this offer.

#2 - However, I don't know enough like most of us, regarding the true background of C9S but if they do invest and it's accepted by the current SWFC board, what are C9S's plans for squad recruitment going forward?

#3 - This is my biggest fear and if they were to have a bid / offer accepted, would I / We want C9S running and majority owners of our beloved club, with the way they or people on their behalf / connected to react, treat ordinary online owls supporters and frankly abuse a number of OT's with their online tirades? I'd like to see them turn up in Sheffield with the same attitude's, I can't see them getting close enough to the ground before they're lynched!!

#4 - I think with the above #3, the ultimate answer from me now is that I don't want them involved at all, no matter how much they're offering. They're now definitely a tainted proposition in more ways than one and most of this is down to themselves, their blatant disregard for respect of a customer base (Owls Supporters) and nobody else can be blamed.

#5 - If there are other interested parties involved behind the scenes, as has been alluded to previously, then I welcome those like most of us would no doubt but I already prefer the sound of the other 2 alleged interested parties. As they're not going about their business trying to campaign on here, on Facebook (Soooo desperate, like a virgin seeking it's first roger) and everything else that just seems so wrong with C9S way of doing things.

I still don't have a clue what our future holds but I hope it pans out sooner rather than later, so we can just crack on with what we've got / end up with and in a way, I already cannot wait for the new season to start, just so we can get back to supporting the team on the field and not been so confused about happenings off the field, as it presently is.

P.S. Thank feck for the World Cup, lets hope for all Wednesdayite's that England have a long stint in it, as it means less time concerned about all this investment malarky.

Eh but what if the Chans come good and buy us and chuck shed loads of money at the club just because Bills asked them. Theres gonna be some humble pie eating to be done lads. Well put me down for one big slice please bills!

Anyone know the relevance of Bils avatar change please?

i thought the same mate with marc mentioning his investers ie swiss or swedish 'can't remember which + bills signed one of his posts off in the same language , probably wrong i suppose

Wasn't the CS9 offer based over 3 years - Year 1 - 2m, Year 2 - 3m and Year 3 - 5m. The charging the club £400k per year so its a 8.8m investment over 3 years for a 40% holding in the club?

Might be wrong but sure i read this somewhere.

Wasn't the CS9 offer based over 3 years - Year 1 - 2m, Year 2 - 3m and Year 3 - 5m. The charging the club £400k per year so its a 8.8m investment over 3 years for a 40% holding in the club?

Might be wrong but sure i read this somewhere.

No guarantees on the year 2 and 3 payments though, basically because they don't have the money.

I've made a revised offer of ten magic beans in year one and 300mm year on year after that, no joy either i'm afraid.