a new offer from C9S

It doesn't make us more investable - it just makes us easier to buy/sell.

It doesn't alter the value of the company, and the fact C9S may ask for an inflated price. I can't help thinking, having considered all the scenarios in this bloody mind-numbing saga, that they think they've spotted a bit of a bargain and are prepared to take a chance on us.

Sorry, you are correct "more investible" was the wrong wording. As per my original point, easier to buy/sell IMO means just that, but you are right, we don't know if C9S would put a ridiculous price on us.

I'd agree they smell a bargain/potential windfall in us, but I'm not concerned by that thinking, assuming they plan on "cashing in" by increasing revenues, gaining promotion and generally going about it the "right way" before selling, and not simply selling assets, if indeed we have any left lol.

Sorry, you are correct "more investible" was the wrong wording. As per my original point, easier to buy/sell IMO means just that, but you are right, we don't know if C9S would put a ridiculous price on us.

I'd agree they smell a bargain/potential windfall in us, but I'm not concerned by that thinking, assuming they plan on "cashing in" by increasing revenues, gaining promotion and generally going about it the "right way" before selling, and not simply selling assets, if indeed we have any left Dark%20Smile.gif.

Exactly my point - prove this and I'm happy - everyone should have an exit strategy for their business, but they MUST prove it somehow IMO. I think, as things stand, they are trying to cover all bases for themselves and with the low cash injection at close + the management fee, they simply don't have enough to lose.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Guest Ripley Owl

If there is another offer the board will consider it and make a decision in the best interest of the club. Think what you want about them but they are genuine Wednesday fans and will not sell the club for 40 pieces of silver.

If there is another offer coming to the table at least they will have to show their hand sooner rather than later.

Club9 have done all the hard work which nobody else was prepared, or capable of doing.

If they were prepared and capable, why was it left to Club9 to do it.

If they are promising £10m over the next two years we can't simply dismiss them out of hand.

My worry is whether they really have the money or not.......but if they have they can surely demonstrate it. Listen to them at least, no good getting emotional and cutting off our noses to spite our face.

What exactly are they offering as a business model? What sort of expertise would they bring in for these management fees? There are loads of questions aren't there.

Shouldn't be surprised at this.

..... Negotiation is all part of business, and if they come up with an improved plan and offer, who knows what could happen.

There's negotiating in good faith, then there's 'negotiating' C9S style. Since the bid was rejected they have:

- accused the club of breaking the confidentiality agreement

- said the offer was rejected without board discussion

- tried to blame the club for not returning the required documentation, thereby forcing C9 to make a reduced offer (while at the same time saying they wouldn't have offered the agreed £5m anyway)

- accused the club of being in a distressed situation (trying to sour a deal for any other interested parties)

- going over the head of the board, using the nobody Team to appeal to 'supporter constituencies'

- saying the club doesn't have integrated reporting, controls and performance metrics in place

Guest Ripley Owl

So that CS9 footed the bill?

So we could have done it earlier and saved the club but nobody did, because of the charges.

Very clever thinking.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

If C9 are coming in with an improved offer and as LS seemed to be backing the CS9 bid according to Bills etc,then it could be that they have agreed that LS returns as part of that deal to be chairman or simply one of their repson the board. They cannot afford to have themembers of the board fly trans atlantic for every board meeting can they...BUT they can get a rep to have all their proxy votes at any board meeting ala LS...the messiah in Gleams msg...

just speculation on my part...