a new offer from C9S

Guest billsaja

I just have to comment that I love the argument that because C9S are American and "American sports franchises are run well" there is an assumption that three blokes who know the square root of roger all about football and whose sole experiences in sports in general was a racing car business that never held a race (despite having $10,000,000 invested in it), an astroturf company that had to be flogged off again because it gave everyone lead poisoning and some vague association with Umbro, and whose more general experience seems to have been in bankrupting businesses in everything from Hog Meat to Soft Furnishings, will suddenly show up and we'll become the New York rumbleing Yankees. BY FAR American "soccer teams" fold than English ones go in to bankruptcy - look up Virginia Beach, San Francisco - hell their entire LEAGUE folded in the 70s and only came back in the 90s, and last weekend two of their whopping 12 Div 2 teams announced they look like they're about to fold! The myth that just because these clowns are American we'll suddenly become a slick, well run group for our 500k a year management fee - laughable

That and "the only way they'll get a return is to get us promoted to the Premiership" - using what, pixie dust and mafia-style threats to other club owners? A Facebook page appealing to players at other clubs to play badly against us? They clearly don't have the money to BUY us, let alone get us the players to get promoted to the Prem, so then ask "how else could they get a return on their money"........oh, you mean by accelerating TV payments, flogging the ground and any player worth a penny, charging astronomical management fees so Prutch's kid, who is about the least qualified "player development manager" possible can have a job, and then chucking us to the wolves.

But Lee thought they were OK, so let's give them a fair hearing?

The Court cases against them are LIENS and COLLECTIONS - you get a lien from the IRS (tax man) when you can't pay, and they go to court to make sure IF you have any money, it goes to them first, which explains why they keep starting new companies.

And now they are making announcements to the media that they are going to make another bid? ALL of this is just to keep them in the public eye so it can appear that a/ they made a legitimate bid and were rebuffed - as with San Diego Hockey, makes it look like they are credible so next time they try to raise money, they can say to potential investors "we had a deal to buy SWFC, a major UK soccer team" and b/ they hope an investor will now come to them or their one "soft committed" party with the $2mil might up their amount a little.

In other news, two real investors (that I am aware of) actually talked with Nick today, one I know, one I am just aware of, and both sound brilliant, so here's hoping, since they actually have the money etc.

Edited by billsaja

I just have to comment that I love the argument that because C9S are American and "American sports franchises are run well" there is an assumption that three blokes who know the square root of roger all about football and whose sole experiences in sports in general was a racing car business that never held a race (despite having $10,000,000 invested in it), an astroturf company that had to be flogged off again because it gave everyone lead poisoning and some vague association with Umbro, and whose more general experience seems to have been in bankrupting businesses in everything from Hog Meat to Soft Furnishings, will suddenly show up and we'll become the New York rumbleing Yankees. BY FAR American "soccer teams" fold than English ones go in to bankruptcy - look up Virginia Beach, San Francisco - hell their entire LEAGUE folded in the 70s and only came back in the 90s, and last weekend two of their whopping 12 Div 2 teams announced they look like they're about to fold! The myth that just because these clowns are American we'll suddenly become a slick, well run group for our 500k a year management fee - laughable

That and "the only way they'll get a return is to get us promoted to the Premiership" - using what, pixie dust and mafia-style threats to other club owners? A Facebook page appealing to players at other clubs to play badly against us? They clearly don't have the money to BUY us, let alone get us the players to get promoted to the Prem, so then ask "how else could they get a return on their money"........oh, you mean by accelerating TV payments, flogging the ground and any player worth a penny, charging astronomical management fees so Prutch's kid, who is about the least qualified "player development manager" possible can have a job, and then chucking us to the wolves.

The Court cases against them are LIENS and COLLECTIONS - you get a lien from the IRS (tax man) when you can't pay, and they go to court to make sure IF you have any money, it goes to them first, which explains why they keep starting new companies.

And now they are making announcements to the media that they are going to make another bid? ALL of this is just to keep them in the public eye so it can appear that a/ they made a legitimate bid and were rebuffed - as with San Diego Hockey, makes it look like they are credible so next time they try to raise money, they can say to potential investors "we had a deal to buy SWFC, a major UK soccer team" and b/ they hope an investor will now come to them or their one "soft committed" party with the $2mil might up their amount a little.

In other news, two real investors (that I am aware of) actually talked with Nick today, one I know, one I am just aware of, and both sound brilliant, so here's hoping, since they actually have the money etc.

so apart from these legal bills you keep mentioning, what proof do you have that they don't have the money from other investors?

Guest billsaja

so apart from these legal bills you keep mentioning, what proof do you have that they don't have the money from other investors?

Er.....they said so themselves (I know, amidst all the corporate dual-speak and general BS of the last two weeks, it's hard to find a straight answer to the "do you have the money question" but it is there.......they have the money "soft circled"............also surprised no-one picked up on Joe's comment on one of his several radio interviews when he said "that way IF the initial money (meaning the 2mil) doesn't show up).

Also if you have a lien against you, and you have money in the bank, they take the money and clear the lien, just how it works, sorry, all the "how do you know" and "but what if" doesn't wash, it's Occam's razor.

Or put another way, if the logical explanation for the last 8 months and especially the last 2 weeks is "they have a great deal negotiated but they have no money" then more than likely, that's the explanation.

Edited by billsaja

Er.....they said so themselves (I know, amidst all the corporate dual-speak and general BS of the last two weeks, it's hard to find a straight answer to the "do you have the money question" but it is there.......they have the money "soft circled"............also surprised no-one picked up on Joe's comment on one of his several radio interviews when he said "that way IF the initial money (meaning the 2mil) doesn't show up).

Also if you have a lien against you, and you have money in the bank, they take the money and clear the lien, just how it works, sorry, all the "how do you know" and "but what if" doesn't wash, it's Occam's razor.

Or put another way, if the logical explanation for the last 8 months and especially the last 2 weeks is "they have a great deal negotiated but they have no money" then more than likely, that's the explanation.

Is the lien against club9 or Prometheus? Isn't that partly the reason behind shelf companies, to shift risk/responsibilities?

Guest billsaja

Is the lien against club9 or Prometheus? Isn't that partly the reason behind shelf companies, to shift risk/responsibilities?

HA, brilliant!

If by "to shift risk" you mean "to avoid paying debts" - no. And it's shell companies, not shelf.

Got to say though, you are towing the party line brilliantly for the Two Johnnies. Just a regular fan with no vested interest in defending them?

Care to spill more please?

HA, brilliant!

If by "to shift risk" you mean "to avoid paying debts" - no. And it's shell companies, not shelf.

Got to say though, you are towing the party line brilliantly for the Two Johnnies. Just a regular fan with no vested interest in defending them?

I thought it was shelf - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelf_corporation?wasRedirected=true - my lack of business knowledge showing there.

no vested interest at all other than some investment in Wednesday and a way out of the mire, not particularly fussed where it comes from asking as it's done properly. Who do you think I am btw? I mean, why would have an interest?

Edited by bigrbuk

You mean when he was explaining the triggers in place in the deal?

He said If the additional money wasnt invested after the £2m.

And you yourself (not long before they made their offer) said they had backing (verbaly) for $5m so add that to the "2m they offered of there own money, they haven't been disshonest have they?

BTW I think we should reject anything from them unless its the original deal agreed in March.

I cannot believe for one minute that Lee and other members of the board will have sat there and said yes, yes, yes without having seriously looked at the company, delved into their background etc.

They'd have blown em out long ago. I'm not saying they're without faults but surely there's not just you that has all this inside information and just has to impart it on other wednesdayites.

I cannot believe for one minute that Lee and other members of the board will have sat there and said yes, yes, yes without having seriously looked at the company, delved into their background etc.

They'd have blown em out long ago. I'm not saying they're without faults but surely there's not just you that has all this inside information and just has to impart it on other wednesdayites.

you mean like they did with Sheard?!

Edited by DuncOwl

If Billsaja is right about other investors, brilliant. But if they turn out to be like all the others who've flirted and are not going to propose anything, then I go along with WimbledonOwl and RivelinOwl ie we are so poverty stricken and endangered , with not even a budget for AI after getting in advance season ticket sales, that we need cash from somewhere fast.

C9 presumably were checked out over the last year so it's a bit late to suggest they are not genuine.

We need a deal with somebody fast, rather than the status quo.

And remember that Cardiff's takeover is only giving them £2M in year one---and their prospects are much better than ours.

It's crazy to think of a third division club like ours, with debts bigger than the value of the assets, is going to attract a £10M plus offer. We have so little to offer that we are lucky to get anything.

That was pre- LS/NP.

Its already been said on the who did what thread, our lawers checked out all potential investors.

Like sat beside Lee in the directors box?

Edited by M Royds

you mean like they did with Sheard?!

So far investment has been declined hasn't it?

The Sheard saga didn't drag on for this long either.

Can't see as the new deal will be that much improved on the pevious one unless they have another invester onboard. I'd prefer to wait for some other invester who can prove they have the reddies. Surely the club in in a better shape to receive investment in view of the work thats gone on in the last 8 months.

Edited by Tarnyowl