a new offer from C9S

Change - yes.

Any change - no

Well at least a change such as this would make it a lot easier for future changes. The reason it's been so difficult is the spreading of the shares and lack of control issues. A company holding 40% initially would make it easier for subsequent T/O's at least!

This insistence on dividing posters into pro and anti is not needed.

I am not pro them, I am certainly not as anti as some of the posters on here, however I do not believe we should shut the door on them completely, especially before a second bid is made and not knowing the terms.

If the offer is garbage, another quick rejection and no would suffice, come back with a better offer and we'll speak again.

One thing that is proven if they come back with a second bid, is those that alleged the original 'derisory' bid was only made to save face.

I was of a similiar opinion to you. I think I agreed with everything you said re the Q&A thread, but the way things have gone over the last week -Facebook pages, this bizarre nobody rubbish, deadlines set and withdrawn within hours. It just doesn't sit well with me anyomre.

Guest utOwlz

Change - yes.

Any change - no

Who's to say C9S arent the right investment? If they did get us promoted im sure they would get other investors coming back to the table to provide more funds

Shouldn't be surprised at this.

I also would like to think Wednesday would not shut the door on anyone. Negotiation is all part of business, and if they come up with an improved plan and offer, who knows what could happen.

Owner of nobody advised people to keep a listening to Radio Sheffield sports news this afternoon, something about a 'messiah' returning. That info was from a Facebook friend of his.

Correct. The door should not be shut, particularly if assurances are met.

Guest Ripley Owl

Id take what their offering now mate, £1.6m is better than flip all and the dinosours at the club at the minute

Agreed :biggrin:

If these guys came in with the money before the start of the season i would feel a lot more confident than i do now, but whatever happens i will support the club.

Lets just say i would prefer Club9 to be at the helm.

UP THE OWLS !

Well at least a change such as this would make it a lot easier for future changes. The reason it's been so difficult is the spreading of the shares and lack of control issues. A company holding 40% initially would make it easier for subsequent T/O's at least!

Would it? What sort of money do you think C9S would want to exit? Let's say we get back to being a mid-table Championhip side and they have the £400k a year coming in, but no more cash to invest tp push us forward. How much do youthink they'd want to step aside?

No, but if we carry on like this its only a matter of time before we do enter administration, so why not take a chance and let someone new come in and try, jesus i thought most wednesday fans wanted change at the top, seems like your happy as things are?

Not at all.

But a change isn't automatically one for the better.

How likely is it that they're now able to make a substantial increase in their original offer?

Or are you happy to sell the club's soul for a couple of £million that will be gone before the end of next season?

I was of a similiar opinion to you. I think I agreed with everything you said re the Q&A thread, but the way things have gone over the last week -Facebook pages, this bizarre nobody rubbish, deadlines set and withdrawn within hours. It just doesn't sit well with me anyomre.

Fair enough - at least you debate it rather than simply voting the post down!

I do find the nobody stuff really odd. I imagine that it would have been nobody who approached them to offer their services (quite coincidental if C9S use a PR firm based in Paris which just happens to employ a Wednesday fan).

However, I klnow one thing - to completely shut them out based on one bid would be very naive.

Just my opinion of course.

So if they honoured the original deal LS worked for, you still wouldn't be interested? Honest question.

Well that's hypothetical isn't it and we can't survive on principles.

But, you have to accept that any investor is going to play at brinkmanship. But, looking at their past record, the length of time it took to come up with an offfer and the past offer, I would be minded to say no and move on.

Nothing from this outfit suggests to me that they are sincere or genuine and have the interest of the club at heart, notwithstanding that it is in their own financial interest to be sucessful.

They way they have 'played' this deal is nothing short of a farce. I wouldn't want them playing poker on my behalf, or nobody for that matter.

Who's to say C9S arent the right investment? If they did get us promoted im sure they would get other investors coming back to the table to provide more funds

I said be careful what you wish for, and I said I didn't want any old change. If Club 9 can prove their intentions are not entirely based on making a quick profit then fine, but I'm growing increasingly doubtful.

Would it? What sort of money do you think C9S would want to exit? Let's say we get back to being a mid-table Championhip side and they have the £400k a year coming in, but no more cash to invest tp push us forward. How much do youthink they'd want to step aside?

Maybe the management fees won't be an issue - we don't know what the revised offer is yet. All I'm saying is that with the ability for someone to swoop in (to use the press' favourite Wednesday analogy) and secure a majorty stake in the club, without having to undertake the months of delicate negotiations done to date (which I have to congratulate Club9 on, if nothing else) - then surely makes us a more "investible" club going forward?

Guest utOwlz

Not at all.

But a change isn't automatically one for the better.

How likely is it that they're now able to make a substantial increase in their original offer?

Or are you happy to sell the club's soul for a couple of £million that will be gone before the end of next season?

Thats a matter of opinion, The current shares are worth sweet FA so £1.6m is a fair offer, beggers cant be choosers, i ask how many more investment deals are we going to turn down, I have no idea if they will increase their offer, and if they dont then i guess their history to us, but i just want more than anything the current lot out, they are a cancer to this club.

We will have to wait and see what happens, this summer is either going to be really good or really bad imo, they will be no middle ground

Guest utOwlz

I said be careful what you wish for, and I said I didn't want any old change. If Club 9 can prove their intentions are not entirely based on making a quick profit then fine, but I'm growing increasingly doubtful.

But how are they going to make a "quick profit" charging £400k a year isnt going to do it, 5 years is the time it will take just get the £2m back. I agree with you i want good investment, i think that LS spent all this time talking to C9S so he obviously thinks they are the right investment (not sure how he feels now about them) But do we really know of any other SERIOUS interest at the moment? Our future looks dark at the minute :Dark Sad:

But how are they going to make a "quick profit" charging £400k a year isnt going to do it, 5 years is the time it will take just get the £2m back. I agree with you i want good investment, i think that LS spent all this time talking to C9S so he obviously thinks they are the right investment (not sure how he feels now about them) But do we really know of any other SERIOUS interest at the moment? Our future looks dark at the minute Dark Sad.gif

To be honest mate, and I don't mean this disrespectfully, I can't be arsed going over the same old arguments about where they can make money from. The £400k a year is not a problem to me if they're in it for the right reasons - for a team of execs it's not that expensive - I'm just not convinced by their intentions anymore.

Guest utOwlz

To be honest mate, and I don't mean this disrespectfully, I can't be arsed going over the same old arguments about where they can make money from. The £400k a year is not a problem to me if they're in it for the right reasons - for a team of execs it's not that expensive - I'm just not convinced by their intentions anymore.

Fair enough

Guest owlsowlsowls

If there is another offer the board will consider it and make a decision in the best interest of the club. Think what you want about them but they are genuine Wednesday fans and will not sell the club for 40 pieces of silver.

Maybe the management fees won't be an issue - we don't know what the revised offer is yet. All I'm saying is that with the ability for someone to swoop in (to use the press' favourite Wednesday analogy) and secure a majorty stake in the club, without having to undertake the months of delicate negotiations done to date (which I have to congratulate Club9 on, if nothing else) - then surely makes us a more "investible" club going forward?

It doesn't make us more investable - it just makes us easier to buy/sell.

It doesn't alter the value of the company, and the fact C9S may ask for an inflated price. I can't help thinking, having considered all the scenarios in this bloody mind-numbing saga, that they think they've spotted a bit of a bargain and are prepared to take a chance on us.