Lee Strafford

Guest JonR

Would you rather the club potentially made more money or lose out?

If more people bought season tickets then deadlines would not be moved.

I understand how people who did fork up feel but surely we need to look at the bigger picture. We need as many fans in the ground as possible.

And now the fans are wise to it.

Apathy has set in.

I think you could well be right.

I think most people understand that there are many types of football fan - from the passionate, bordering on full-on nutter, who lives and breathes their club to the fair-weathered fan who may go once a year or to the odd big game.

Unfortunately we don't all fit into one group.

He probably knows that but can you blame him for telling people to buy tickets we need it to fund players and attract investment.

He probably knows that but can you blame him for telling people to buy tickets we need it to fund players and attract investment.

I'm not convinced he does though, but no, I cannot blame him for telling people to buy tickets.

I just have a problem with the way in which he sometimes does this.

Wouldn't blame him per say.

BUT we must really be in mess if we need 25k plus every week, to sustain a 6 million football budget.

Since we got back to the Championship our highest average was around 24k i think. That was coming off the back of a play off final victory.

Edited by SiJ

I just made a comment along the lines of

"if people aren't interested telling them to buy tickets will not work if it's not worked after a year - maybe we should try a different approach"

Do you actually think his "propaganda machine" approach isn't thought out? that he hasn't thought his strategy through? Serious like?

The level of stupidity involved if what your saying to him warrants major criticism. It's like you talking to Tiger Woods and saying "are you sure you have your chipping technique is correct". Similar even if Tiger Woods chipping technique wasn't correct he has professionals employed in that area to help him if he needed it. IMO its pathetic and insulting that you needed to post that onto his comment on facebook, like your his bigger brother or just looking over his shoulder or looking out for things you perceived he hadn't thought through. Secondly It also demonstrates to the many Strafford bashers that a Wednesday fan doesn't believe/trust in their own chairmans marketing strategy. Oh and btw constantly telling someone to buy anything is the most effective marketing strategy of all, as long as your message is being delivered to a new audience continually and given the medium of facebook we can assume it is.

Oh and in answer to your post to him, yes I'm sure he has through through all approaches I'm sure his experience in marketing stands up given he started a business from scratch developed a new customer base and sold it on.

Edited by Pulixifer

Do you actually think his "propaganda machine" approach isn't thought out? that he hasn't thought his strategy through? Serious like?

The level of stupidity involved if what your saying to him warrants major criticism. It's like you talking to Tiger Woods and saying "are you sure you have your chipping technique is correct". Similar even if Tiger Woods chipping technique wasn't correct he has professionals employed in that area to help him if he needed it. IMO its pathetic and insulting that you needed to post that onto his comment on facebook, like your his bigger brother or just looking over his shoulder or looking out for things you perceived he hadn't thought through. Secondly It also demonstrates to the many Strafford bashers that a Wednesday fan doesn't believe/trust in their own chairmans marketing strategy. Oh and btw constantly telling someone to buy anything is the most effective marketing strategy of all, as long as your message is being delivered to a new audience continually and given the medium of facebook we can assume it is.

Oh and in answer to your post to him, yes I'm sure he has through through all approaches I'm sure his experience in marketing stands up given he started a business from scratch developed a new customer base and sold it on.

Feedback is asked for, and so feedback is given.

Is his approach working?

Would it work better if he toned down the confrontational style a little?

Also - constantly telling someone the same thing over and over again can have a different type of effect... people just stop listening.

Sorry to be the one to break the news to you but we are

(not the fault of LS - he's just the poor bugger taking abuse for trying to sort it out for all of us)

Never said it was his fault.

We ain't going to get that though.

Certainly not with the current "product" on the pitch.

Thats just me being realistic.

why oh why do the moaning few carry on ,Ok lee is not the mesiah ,but he is doing his damn best for the club,who else ever gave a damn i 'v supported this club for 53 years and aint seen no one with as much passion as ls has ,i also understand that with the size of our fan base it would be nigh impossible to make everyone happy,

but for gods sake isnt it about time every body pulled together as wednesdayites.We are better than this all these petty squables are all for nothing .We the wednesday want to go forward, 10 years of crap we have suffered so if it means st's or whatever it takes lets do it together as one ,Ok ls makes mistakes ,so do we all but he is only human but give him his due he has tried to bring the club,our club out of the past and is succeding as far as i can see ,Therefore why oh why cant ( or won't ) we do our bit including the players, by helping sheffield wednesday to become a top club with top support as it should be, forget the true fan ,forget the walkups, we are all or should all be the WEDNESDAY

Regards to all

rant over take it as you will

why oh why do the moaning few carry on ,Ok lee is not the mesiah ,but he is doing his damn best for the club,who else ever gave a damn i 'v supported this club for 53 years and aint seen no one with as much passion as ls has ,i also understand that with the size of our fan base it would be nigh impossible to make everyone happy,

but for gods sake isnt it about time every body pulled together as wednesdayites.We are better than this all these petty squables are all for nothing .We the wednesday want to go forward, 10 years of crap we have suffered so if it means st's or whatever it takes lets do it together as one ,Ok ls makes mistakes ,so do we all but he is only human but give him his due he has tried to bring the club,our club out of the past and is succeding as far as i can see ,Therefore why oh why cant ( or won't ) we do our bit including the players, by helping sheffield wednesday to become a top club with top support as it should be, forget the true fan ,forget the walkups, we are all or should all be the WEDNESDAY

Regards to all

rant over take it as you will

I take it very well

Cant disagree with you.

You come on here billy big b*llocks claiming you will sued but give a timid post

You can't prove the investment talk is rubbish

Or tell us why moving deadlines for business needs is a bad thing.

Should LS resign?

Regarding this investment, LS has stated that the investors are watching attendances and if there's not 24k average then it could scupper the plans. What a load of poo , if these "investors" want to know what SWFC is all about and what potentialy it could be, all youve got to do is go on youtube and watch the good old days or get the Cardiff dvd out in the Boardroom, but Mr Chairman has said on BBC Radio Sheffield that if we don't get 24k average then it could have an effecy, utter nonsense.

I think he will, and he'll blame the fans for not buying in to his plan.

Guest totemowl

Regarding this investment, LS has stated that the investors are watching attendances and if there's not 24k average then it could scupper the plans. What a load of poo , if these "investors" want to know what SWFC is all about and what potentialy it could be, all youve got to do is go on youtube and watch the good old days or get the Cardiff dvd out in the Boardroom, but Mr Chairman has said on BBC Radio Sheffield that if we don't get 24k average then it could have an effecy, utter nonsense.

ITKer?

So you have nothing to prove this talk is nonsense. You are simply choosing to accuse LS of lying regarding attendances. You are not privvy to the investment deal are you? Of course can disbelieve all you want but I think you're talking b*llocks.

And I said do you think he should resign not will he resign?

So you have nothing to prove this talk is nonsense. You are simply choosing to accuse LS of lying regarding attendances. You are not privvy to the investment deal are you? Of course can disbelieve all you want but I think you're talking b*llocks.

And I said do you think he should resign not will he resign?

If investment doesn't arrive then yes, and if we go down then yes

Edited by WadsleyOwl