Lee Strafford

Guest JonR

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread, but am sure I've got the gist.

I don't know Lee, have never sought a private meeting with him and don't feel I need to in order to see him for what he is.

The guy is a nutter! He obviously can't see common sense. Why would anyone turn their back on good job offers, spend 80 hours a week away from their family, put their health on the back burner, and put their private and professional reputation on the line to put his own time, effort and heart into helping a bunch of ungrateful, ignorant and rude blind fools?

The sooner Lee sees that he is wasting his time and gives up, the sooner SWFC can go bankrupt; the CoOp can sell the ground and you lot will all be able to stop complaining.

Chris

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread, but am sure I've got the gist.

I don't know Lee, have never sought a private meeting with him and don't feel I need to in order to see him for what he is.

The guy is a nutter! He obviously can't see common sense. Why would anyone turn their back on good job offers, spend 80 hours a week away from their family, put their health on the back burner, and put their private and professional reputation on the line to put his own time, effort and heart into helping a bunch of ungrateful, ignorant and rude blind fools?

The sooner Lee sees that he is wasting his time and gives up, the sooner SWFC can go bankrupt; the CoOp can sell the ground and you lot will all be able to stop complaining.

Chris

I like the cut of your jib, Chris. :rolleyes:

How can it be holding us back?? LS has rtated that the process of recovery is quicker with investmen and slower without. Either way recovery is on the way.

Infighting on here has no bearing on any fan uncertainty (well perhaps to only to a dozen or so).

Sounds to me you don't want any investment....am I wrong?

'Investment' is a false god.

As I have said before, all clubs eventually are a sum of their parts, their parts being their fan base.

We don't need 'investment' - just some forward thinking and a sense of unity.

Just leave him to get on with his job... more important is getting behind the manager and players between now and the end of the season..

Let him pump the rallying calls as much as possible, he doesn't deserve the abuse he gets and then feels the need to respond inflaming the situation further.. we do need all the support possible.. If we go down, then we are in very murky waters for a few years to come..

Shelve the investment issues / debates and focus on the real task ahead.. survival..

Does Lee think that he's going about things in the right way been on internet forums facebook etc ..whilst every other Chairman in the country behaves differently ???

Lee, you really need to take a step back m8 at the end of the day all 90% of the fans care about is investment ...when / if you deliver it you'll be a hero ...until then you'd be better off keeping your head down & out of the public eye.

Does Lee think that he's going about things in the right way been on internet forums facebook etc ..whilst every other Chairman in the country behaves differently ???

Lee, you really need to take a step back m8 at the end of the day all 90% of the fans care about is investment ...when / if you deliver it you'll be a hero ...until then you'd be better off keeping your head down & out of the public eye.

Yeh Lee, stop talking to us or answering questions. Shut up and ignore us like other chairmen do.

Besides only 10% of fans care about the football side of you running the club - everyone else is just waiting for investment, without hearing progress updates or anything that we can do to help you. Just get on with it :rolleyes:

At the risk of repeating myself for the millionth time, whilst it's not the chairman himself, basically the chairmans right hand man and director at Villa is on club forums all the time, and it works great for them.

It's just how you do it that matters, but to a similar extent, how the fans respond to it. Don't think either was done well in our case.

Lee, you really need to take a step back m8 at the end of the day all 90% of the fans care about is investment

I seriously hope that isn't the case. Nowt to do with how likely I think it is, but just the fact that so many would

a) seemingly assume "investment = millions of pounds to spend" if that many people only care about that, and

b) be so keen to throw all our eggs in that basket, as though they think we're going straight up if it happens, but despite having one of the biggest support bases in this league, would be screwed without it.

Yeh Lee, stop talking to us or answering questions. Shut up and ignore us like other chairmen do.

Besides only 10% of fans care about the football side of you running the club - everyone else is just waiting for investment, without hearing progress updates or anything that we can do to help you. Just get on with it :rolleyes:

The 10% reference was aimed at 'off field activitys'. IE 90% of the fanbase don't care if Lee is good / bad they'll just judge him on getting investment ...harsh maybe but true

Maybe all the other chairman in the country are wrong then ( Randy Learner, Dave Whelan, Steve Gibson etc........) . As for Investment progress updates ????... think we've heard enough of these. just tell us when it's signed, sealed & delivered or we've given up all hope of attracting investment.

At the risk of repeating myself for the millionth time, whilst it's not the chairman himself, basically the chairmans right hand man and director at Villa is on club forums all the time, and it works great for them.

It's just how you do it that matters, but to a similar extent, how the fans respond to it. Don't think either was done well in our case.

I seriously hope that isn't the case. Nowt to do with how likely I think it is, but just the fact that so many would

a) seemingly assume "investment = millions of pounds to spend" if that many people only care about that, and

b) be so keen to throw all our eggs in that basket, as though they think we're going straight up if it happens, but despite having one of the biggest support bases in this league, would be screwed without it.

That's the diffence though a right hand man....not the chairman !!!.

Can't argue with your points if / when we get investment then the expectation will be sky high again

Guest bartos

We don't need 'investment' - just some forward thinking and a sense of unity.

Unity seems a long way off, investment will give some of that back..

Ya see, it's not just all about the money

That's the diffence though a right hand man....not the chairman !!!.

Can't argue with your points if / when we get investment then the expectation will be sky high again

It's as good as the same thing - he's there as an official representative of the club, he's a director, and he is close to Lerner, it's not just a random club employee who has no real inner knowledge of whats going on, no influence, or no ability to properly speak to the chairman. As an aside, Lerner owns Villa, or a majority share, so he's less likely to do it himself than an elected chairman.

Edited by Owlsfan

Unity seems a long way off, investment will give some of that back..

Ya see, it's not just all about the money

I agree. I wish we could do this by ourselves but it doesn't seem like we can, we've lost too many fans to constant disappointment and apathy. The opportunity that investment would give us to finally compete on an even keel with our rivals is what would bring thousands back, not the actual spending of the money.

Bloody hell, and some people still insist LS isn't dividing the fan base?

I get so angry every time some smug git comes on here saying ' Well done LS' and intimates that it is absolutely fine that LS slags of the support base and reacts aggressively; crying ' conspiracy' whenever anyone question sor discusses his methods.

My God, some of you wont even admit that decent product on the pitch will lead to increased attendances, and that it should be the other way round despite that never happening in football before.

It reminds of the Geoff Sheard ITK's who insisted that GS was still ' the man' even after he was outed as ..well lets say not good news for the club.

There is backing LS, which I'm sure 99% of SWFC's fans do...and then there is defending his awful attitude to casual supporters and anyone that disagrees with him.

I back Lee Strafford as our Chairman, he's doing the job no-one wanted.

HOWEVER

It his his choice to do it for free as he can afford to do it. Many Chairman put much more into a club financially than they take out. He is not unusual in his financial sacrifice.

He also needs to stop using the fan base as an excuse for lack of investment. Investment means putting something in for reward later down the line, not putting money into an already succesful side. Gives us the investment and better product on the pitch and we will come. It won't happen any other way.

Guest bartos

What makes it harder for us that it seems as we did not have our "going bust" or "being 24 hrs from going bust" moment and as a result the majority of us are mentally stuck in the old routine still.

Regards

Lee

Exactly, had that same discussion with my Dad recently

I get so angry every time some smug git comes on here saying ' Well done LS' and intimates that it is absolutely fine that LS slags of the support base and reacts aggressively; crying ' conspiracy' whenever anyone question sor discusses his methods.

My God, some of you wont even admit that decent product on the pitch will lead to increased attendances, and that it should be the other way round despite that never happening in football before.

It reminds of the Geoff Sheard ITK's who insisted that GS was still ' the man' even after he was outed as ..well lets say not good news for the club.

There is backing LS, which I'm sure 99% of SWFC's fans do...and then there is defending his awful attitude to casual supporters and anyone that disagrees with him.

HOWEVER

It his his choice to do it for free as he can afford to do it. Many Chairman put much more into a club financially than they take out. He is not unusual in his financial sacrifice.

He also needs to stop using the fan base as an excuse for lack of investment. Investment means putting something in for reward later down the line, not putting money into an already succesful side. Gives us the investment and better product on the pitch and we will come. It won't happen any other way.

Well said mate, though it may not be popular. That said, I don't think it's LS himself that's dividing the fan base on here, far from it - if that's occuring, I think it's people who mindlessly back everything thats done. LS himself has very rarely brought up about how he could earn money elsewhere but doesn't, but you hear it all the time on here as a comeback against any kind of constructive posts that don't share the same view on a way of taking us forward, which is what we all want.

Edited by Owlsfan

HOWEVER

Well said mate, though it may not be popular. That said, I don't think it's LS himself that's dividing the fan base on here, far from it - if that's occuring, I think it's people who mindlessly back everything thats done. LS himself has very rarely brought up about how he could earn money elsewhere but doesn't, but you hear it all the time on here as a comeback against any kind of constructive posts that don't share the same view on a way of taking us forward, which is what we all want.

so are you suggesting im mindlessly backing LS or did i not explain my points clearly?