Lee Strafford

Guest JonR

Feedback is asked for, and so feedback is given.

Is his approach working?

Would it work better if he toned down the confrontational style a little?

Also - constantly telling someone the same thing over and over again can have a different type of effect... people just stop listening.

Feedback is asked for but I already explained why replying to a comment on facebook the way you did wasn't a good idea.

His style is not confrontational, think Allen that's confrontational.

Hes not telling the same people hes is putting the same message through expanding avenues its aimed at new people now you, if you dont want to hear it stop being his friend on fb.

If investment doesn't arrive then yes, and if we go down then yes

Do you appreciate how hard it is to get investment in a club with such debt and a wide spread of shares

Do you simply want any billionaire to invest?

Why blame him for onfield failure?

Do you reckon the new chairman will wee wee investment?

Is investment a benefit or essential?

Feedback is asked for but I already explained why replying to a comment on facebook the way you did wasn't a good idea.

His style is not confrontational, think Allen that's confrontational.

Hes not telling the same people hes is putting the same message through expanding avenues its aimed at new people now you, if you dont want to hear it stop being his friend on fb.

Why wasn't it a good idea?

Calling people "prats" is not confrontational?

It's not just on FB though is it? It's on here, it's on FB, it's on the OS, it's on the radio.

Also, he is telling the same people. He's preaching to the converted. The people he needs to get the message to are the people who aren't his friend on FB, who don't post on here and who don't look on the OS. I dare say these people are the majority. These people are the "fair weather" fans. These are the people LS needs to be addressing.

Do you appreciate how hard it is to get investment in a club with such debt and a wide spread of shares

Do you simply want any billionaire to invest?

Why blame him for onfield failure?

Do you reckon the new chairman will wee wee investment?

Is investment a benefit or essential?

Have you seen my baseball?

Why wasn't it a good idea?

Calling people "prats" is not confrontational?

It's not just on FB though is it? It's on here, it's on FB, it's on the OS, it's on the radio.

Also, he is telling the same people. He's preaching to the converted. The people he needs to get the message to are the people who aren't his friend on FB, who don't post on here and who don't look on the OS. I dare say these people are the majority. These people are the "fair weather" fans. These are the people LS needs to be addressing.

No calling people prats isn't confrontational, I would call my brother a prat without expecting a box calling people certins on the other hand. If you can't see the difference your wasted time.

I suggested if you wanted to talk to him about a new marketing idea you had to PM him or start a thread and not leave a silly comment criticizing him in front of the masses on FB.

In order to speak out to new people you had to speak out to some people repeatedly then so be it, one would expect the people hearing it repeatedly would realize its not aimed at them and why the message must continually be renewed...

If thats the worst thing you have to say against him then...

Edited by Pulixifer

No calling people prats isn't confrontational, I would call my brother a prat without expecting a box calling people certins on the other hand. If you can't see the difference your wasted time.

I suggested if you wanted to talk to him about a new marketing idea you had to PM him or start a thread and not leave a silly comment criticizing him in front of the masses on FB.

In order to speak out to new people you had to speak out to the people of those mediums so be it, the message shouldn't be stopped because its being repeated to some people.

If thats the worst thing you have to say against him then...

Calling your brother a prat isn't confrontational. Just like me calling my GF a wench isn't confrontational. However, there are certain levels of formality one would expect from people in certain situations. I don't expect our Chairman to start calling fans prats because they hold a different opinion to him.

Also, how did I criticise LS? I offered an opinion, by the way my post was three paragraphs long IIRC on FB, and I summed it up in one sentence here.

Like I said in my second post on this thread - LS might be the best thing to happen to SWFC in recent years. However, the way he has spoken to myself and friends of mine both in public and in private is confrontational and unprofessional.

Calling your brother a prat isn't confrontational. Just like me calling my GF a wench isn't confrontational. However, there are certain levels of formality one would expect from people in certain situations. I don't expect our Chairman to start calling fans prats because they hold a different opinion to him.

Also, how did I criticise LS? I offered an opinion, by the way my post was three paragraphs long IIRC on FB, and I summed it up in one sentence here.

Like I said in my second post on this thread - LS might be the best thing to happen to SWFC in recent years. However, the way he has spoken to myself and friends of mine both in public and in private is confrontational and unprofessional.

So you post a 3 paragraph post disagreeing with his one liner on his fb, he calls you a prat, and you QQ on owlstalk.

Ya, Lee see was totally out of line.......

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

When Lee Strafford first started I was hugely enthusiastic. I was there at his first home game and was hopeful this was the real thing. However, having exchanged comments with him on Facebook and having been shown some comments he has said to other people I have lost a lot of respect for the guy as a person.

I support Sheffield Wednesday F.C. If LS ends up leaving this club in a better state than when he started then I will be thankful to him. However, it doesn't mean I'll like the guy.

I take it you were someone I responded to that was being abusive or had a hard time accepting that your points were wrong or just plain daft??

&

I don't suppose the message that you were shown were presented to you alongside the abuse and idiocy that created my far more controlled and far less offensive responses?

Regards

Lee

Bottler or are you talking through your hole.

I'd love to see what you have diluted...

And did I say explicitly Scholes at his peak was better than Scholes?

and rob howe my point was LS stands up for himself wheras DA called people cretins and scum when he was meant to announce investment. People give it to LS but hate it when he he gives it back

and with nowhere near the same level of aggression I am expected to happily receive.............

Regards

Lee

There was a typical LS status update a couple of days ago trying to get people to buy tickets. I just made a comment along the lines of "if people aren't interested telling them to buy tickets will not work if it's not worked after a year - maybe we should try a different approach" to which LS responded with a pretty aggressive reply about me not understanding stuff and basically saying I don't "get it". Well, you know what? I do get it. I get the argument he is making, but the fact I understand it doesn't make it right or logical. LS needs to get out of the mindset that he is always right and everyone else is always wrong.

To be honest, this didn't bother me too much. But earlier, when talking to friends in Sheffield, I was told about conversations they've had with LS and I've just got to the stage where I'm sick of the aggressive approach of telling people they just don't get it. Just because people disagree or have slightly different ideas it doesn't mean they don't get it. I'm worried because LS is in danger of making a rod for his own back.

Certain sections of the fanbase are feeling alienated. The club has failed miserably this season on the pitch, despite all the pre season optimism. And still the carrot of the "investment process" is dangled just out of reach of the fans.

LS might be the best thing to have happened to the club in the last 30 years. The way LS has handled himself has moved me from the LS supporters camp, to the "he might do the club some good but I don't particularly like the guy camp".

You have just deliberately spun the actual conversation to make me look bad. Thanx

Thanks also for telling me on here that the way you engaged me was actually influenced by crap you had heard from some other fans that really have no clue what I am like and what I am actually saying and doing.

Let me give you all and example of what the real issue is and it is screaming throughout this thread. I have had exactly the same approach since you first heard of me and right now I am mr unpopular but wait we are in a relegation battle and we have all been conditioned to kick the crap out of the club and its chairman this past 15 years or so instead of pulling together and being positive in difficult times, but wait oh look what is happening.........

Come on guys - stop with the negativity and poison - IT REALLY IS EFFECTING EVERYTHING.

Regards

Lee

I think this is fair enough.

I don't think he's everyone's cup of tea, and let's be honest, he's never going to win Mr Popularity/PR King.

That said, as things stand, I'll accept our chairman being a bit of a loon if he facilitates our becoming a successful club again.

Do you really want someone that is not honest and is not driven by integrity and that does not speak out on the tough issues?

Do you not realise that being transparent is the best way to build trust long term even if some [people can handle transparency because of how they are or have been made to feel by the club in recent history?

&

As much as the reference is taken as an insult - Boy do I have to be a loon to operate in such a wonderfully uplifting and motivating environment as this can be its no wonder that only crooks tend to survive any time in this industry :blink:

Regards

Lee

Serious question - do you believe it's right or fitting for the Chairman to 'give it' or 'give it back' to fans? Do you believe that this might just be why we have an ever widening divide between the fan base on this issue?

Is it not ironic that as he attempts to bring the fan base together, some of his actions are actually driving it apart?

I am not dong the driving apart - its people like you who I spent time with and at the end of which you told me to my face that you were now supportive and would be so going forward and would actively encourage other Wednesdayites to join the rebuilding process, and yet all I see you do on here is whisper ever so softly "he is a bad un, he is no better than the rest before him".............you are the one doing the driving apart Rob.

I am 100% happy that I have never "given it back" as I have never returned in kind with even the most offensive abuse have received. I have only ever held complete idiots or abusive people accountable to their abuse or idiocy and done so using nowhere near the same aggression or tone that I have been faced with.

I would happily be held accountable to this statement even if it means that every single thing I have typed is dissected and reviewed in public so long as it is done so in the full context of that which I have responded to.

Again I have gotta ask what good is coming from the poisonous attitude pervading through this thread?

Regards

Lee

To be fair too LS.

He's never given out as much as he's recieved.

Whether you like him or not. You can't say he's gone out of his way to offend others. Which is pretty much what alot of people have done to him.

Lifes to short to hold grudges against people you hardly know.

Pretty much everyone on Owlstalk will never be in the same position as LS. The fact he listens to what people (Wednesday fans mostly) have to say. This will be the closest any of us will ever get to in life of having our opinion heard by people that matter.

Why waste the luxury of being able to speak directly to our Chairman by backing up arguments/statements/opinions with sly digs. Its pointless.

What a depressing and pointless thread. :huh:

If this is the mood around the club right now we are deeper in the mire than I thought.

RIP SWFC

and that is the great big elephant in the room that this complete muppet (there I going calling myself names) has been brave enough to point out and what is the response??? more poison.

As I said on SSN - no club ever rebuilds until just about everyone (and at the very least the large majority) makes peace with reality and puts the past behind them and commits to tomorrow.

What makes it harder for us that it seems as we did not have our "going bust" or "being 24 hrs from going bust" moment and as a result the majority of us are mentally stuck in the old routine still.

Regards

Lee

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall! You need me on that wall! We use words like Honor, Code, Loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "Thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

hi lee ,

problem is mate some of these numbnuts do not know what a breath of fresh air is and love living in the ten years of crap that they are used to .

well i don't

so good on yer mate do what you are doin and we will win in the end

ps would not be able to respond to any other chairman would we

regards