Lee Strafford

Guest JonR

No because I don't want to go to court

We both know it was the previous regime that threatened the fans with legal action. In what way do you get the impression you would get sued for expressing an opinion.

Unless it really is libelluos.

Stop hiding behind poo and tell us why you doubt him.

one question............ if you won the Euromillions and had a very good business mind and background, would you not relish the job, to be put on pedestal ?

I know I would.

The chance to turn round this once great club and make a massive name for yourself.

I understand you point Glaser, and yes i would.

however in terms of being a millionaire LS is on the very lower end of this bracket. Euromillions = 20million + LS is like 4M

I know what you mean.

I don't half miss Dave Allen

Thats a very naive and small minded attitude to take.

It doesn't speak well for the fans if you think we would simply just want better than Dave Allen.

It also doesn't motivate Lee much when setting a bar of expectation - Lee has been in charge a year and we have progressed immensely, but then we need to build on another year.

We have to stop looking backwards.

One thing really stuck out to me from Lee's RS interview and it is something that i have been thinking about all day.

When one of the text messages said, has 'Lee bought a season ticket?'

He said no and the reason for this is he is forking out in excess of 200k this year alone on running the club, which he is doing for free. Well i dont know about you guys but i think this is unbelievable! I would want to claim back my expenses for sure!

so my first point is, anyone who says why hasnt LS bought a season ticket, is stupid. the guy is working for free and spending 200k in doing so! If i were in his position, working my arse off to make enough money to put my family financially secure for the rest of our lives, no way would i be selfless enough to take on running SWFC for free.

Second point. When club9sport finish their investment. im assuming that this is a completely unique form of investment so Lee will be still running as chairman, well this guy has got to have his expenses refunded for doing his job at the very least. I know he has a few million in the back but spending 200k a season is not sustainable.

I take my hat of to you Lee, you commitment to this project is second to none.

im regretting starting this topic now as i didnt want it to turn in to a 10 page shouting match. All i wanted to do was draw attention to the monetary sacrifice LS has made to running this club, something that i didnt think had been brought up before

yeah it hasn't........................................ this week

Thats a very naive and small minded attitude to take.

It doesn't speak well for the fans if you think we would simply just want better than Dave Allen.

It also doesn't motivate Lee much when setting a bar of expectation - Lee has been in charge a year and we have progressed immensely, but then we need to build on another year.

We have to stop looking backwards.

It was just a flippant remark to a daft (imo) comment.

That's all - now't flippingdeep.

I appreciate his potential in the executive market, his family and health commitments and all the crap he is getting from genuine fudders. I also appreciate the steps he has taken to help our club despite some over-zealousness at times.

However, I don't want to be constantly reminded of these sacrifices at every turn as if we were petulant children being told to be grateful.

Sacrifices are just that, sacrifices. They come with responsibility and short term risk otherwise they sound trite and insincere.

Lee needs to await kudos from the fans after a sustained period of growth on and off the pitch, its the best kind of kudos you can get.

Great post.

It was just a flippant remark to a daft (imo) comment.

That's all - now't flippingdeep.

I'd just prefer to simply not think or draw parallels with the last 10 years.

With all due respect to Lee a lot of the changes made over the last 12 months would have been implemented by anyone worth their salt, we are so used to living in a mire we rejoice at what others have taken for granted.

We both know it was the previous regime that threatened the fans with legal action. In what way do you get the impression you would get sued for expressing an opinion.

Unless it really is libelluos.

Stop hiding behind poo and tell us why you doubt him.

Anyone who says SWFC has got 400,000 fans in Sheffield alone and nearly a million worldwide, and John Sheridan was a better player than Man United and England legend Paul Scholes in press interviews is someone seriously deluded

Don't comments like that slightly worry you.

Fed up of hearing about deadlines for this that and other, then the deadlines being moved, all the investment talk crap, It's all utter testicles.

And the fact that some of you on here worship the ground he walks on i find quite comical and a tad embarrasssing.

I'd just prefer to simply not think or draw parallels with the last 10 years.

With all due respect to Lee a lot of the changes made over the last 12 months would have been implemented by anyone worth their salt, we are so used to living in a mire we rejoice at what others have taken for granted.

LS has admitted - on numerous occasions - that many of the changes made at the club were ideas held by the management / staff already in place, and the only reason they hadn't been implemented before is that the previous Chairman and CEO wouldn't even entertain them!

When Lee Strafford first started I was hugely enthusiastic. I was there at his first home game and was hopeful this was the real thing. However, having exchanged comments with him on Facebook and having been shown some comments he has said to other people I have lost a lot of respect for the guy as a person.

I support Sheffield Wednesday F.C. If LS ends up leaving this club in a better state than when he started then I will be thankful to him. However, it doesn't mean I'll like the guy.

Anyone who says SWFC has got 400,000 fans in Sheffield alone and nearly a million worldwide, and John Sheridan was a better player than Man United and England legend Paul Scholes in press interviews is someone seriously deluded

Don't comments like that slightly worry you.

Fed up of hearing about deadlines for this that and other, then the deadlines being moved, all the investment talk crap, It's all utter testicles.

And the fact that some of you on here worship the ground he walks on i find quite comical and a tad embarrasssing.

Maybe the comment about 400, 000 fans was wrong but his comment on Sheridan is footballing opinion most likely held by a few Wednesday fans.

Do they worry me? - NO

As for deadlines being moved would you rather he didn't move deadlines in order to suit business needs. At least he isn't stubborn and is willing to move deadlines in order to get the best for the club.

And how do you know investment talk is testicles? You don't have any basis for that do you?

Did you really think you would get sued for this post?

When Lee Strafford first started I was hugely enthusiastic. I was there at his first home game and was hopeful this was the real thing. However, having exchanged comments with him on Facebook and having been shown some comments he has said to other people I have lost a lot of respect for the guy as a person.

I support Sheffield Wednesday F.C. If LS ends up leaving this club in a better state than when he started then I will be thankful to him. However, it doesn't mean I'll like the guy.

Did he call you names?

Or is he willing to call a spade and spade which fans don't seem to like?

Did he call you names?

game set and match

good work belfast

I appreciate his potential in the executive market, his family and health commitments and all the crap he is getting from genuine fudders. I also appreciate the steps he has taken to help our club despite some over-zealousness at times.

However, I don't want to be constantly reminded of these sacrifices at every turn as if we were petulant children being told to be grateful.

Sacrifices are just that, sacrifices. They come with responsibility and short term risk otherwise they sound trite and insincere.

Lee needs to await kudos from the fans after a sustained period of growth on and off the pitch, its the best kind of kudos you can get.

Give that man a coconut.

Did he call you names?

There was a typical LS status update a couple of days ago trying to get people to buy tickets. I just made a comment along the lines of "if people aren't interested telling them to buy tickets will not work if it's not worked after a year - maybe we should try a different approach" to which LS responded with a pretty aggressive reply about me not understanding stuff and basically saying I don't "get it". Well, you know what? I do get it. I get the argument he is making, but the fact I understand it doesn't make it right or logical. LS needs to get out of the mindset that he is always right and everyone else is always wrong.

To be honest, this didn't bother me too much. But earlier, when talking to friends in Sheffield, I was told about conversations they've had with LS and I've just got to the stage where I'm sick of the aggressive approach of telling people they just don't get it. Just because people disagree or have slightly different ideas it doesn't mean they don't get it. I'm worried because LS is in danger of making a rod for his own back.

Certain sections of the fanbase are feeling alienated. The club has failed miserably this season on the pitch, despite all the pre season optimism. And still the carrot of the "investment process" is dangled just out of reach of the fans.

LS might be the best thing to have happened to the club in the last 30 years. The way LS has handled himself has moved me from the LS supporters camp, to the "he might do the club some good but I don't particularly like the guy camp".

There was a typical LS status update a couple of days ago trying to get people to buy tickets. I just made a comment along the lines of "if people aren't interested telling them to buy tickets will not work if it's not worked after a year - maybe we should try a different approach" to which LS responded with a pretty aggressive reply about me not understanding stuff and basically saying I don't "get it". Well, you know what? I do get it. I get the argument he is making, but the fact I understand it doesn't make it right or logical. LS needs to get out of the mindset that he is always right and everyone else is always wrong.

To be honest, this didn't bother me too much. But earlier, when talking to friends in Sheffield, I was told about conversations they've had with LS and I've just got to the stage where I'm sick of the aggressive approach of telling people they just don't get it. Just because people disagree or have slightly different ideas it doesn't mean they don't get it. I'm worried because LS is in danger of making a rod for his own back.

Certain sections of the fanbase are feeling alienated. The club has failed miserably this season on the pitch, despite all the pre season optimism. And still the carrot of the "investment process" is dangled just out of reach of the fans.

LS might be the best thing to have happened to the club in the last 30 years. The way LS has handled himself has moved me from the LS supporters camp, to the "he might do the club some good but I don't particularly like the guy camp".

This ^ 100%