Lee Strafford

Guest JonR

One thing really stuck out to me from Lee's RS interview and it is something that i have been thinking about all day.

When one of the text messages said, has 'Lee bought a season ticket?'

He said no and the reason for this is he is forking out in excess of 200k this year alone on running the club, which he is doing for free. Well i dont know about you guys but i think this is unbelievable! I would want to claim back my expenses for sure!

so my first point is, anyone who says why hasnt LS bought a season ticket, is stupid. the guy is working for free and spending 200k in doing so! If i were in his position, working my arse off to make enough money to put my family financially secure for the rest of our lives, no way would i be selfless enough to take on running SWFC for free.

Second point. When club9sport finish their investment. im assuming that this is a completely unique form of investment so Lee will be still running as chairman, well this guy has got to have his expenses refunded for doing his job at the very least. I know he has a few million in the back but spending 200k a season is not sustainable.

I take my hat of to you Lee, you commitment to this project is second to none.

so you disagree that his actions warrant praise?

No mate, he's trying his best to get us all where we want to be, just don't agree we should all drop to our knees and welcome him like he's the new messiah.

No mate, he's trying his best to get us all where we want to be, just don't agree we should all drop to our knees and welcome him like he's the new messiah.

which is what i thought i was saying. you seem to be sensationalising what i said but i feel i stated my reasons quite clearly. I would hardly describe it as brown nosing. i'm not saying he is our saviour, but is still pretty god damn impressive, your not doing im not doing noone else is doing it because noone else would do it. So i feel assured in saying good work Lee without having to be accused of brown nosing.

which is what i thought i was saying. you seem to be sensationalising what i said but i feel i stated my reasons quite clearly. I would hardly describe it as brown nosing. i'm not saying he is our saviour, but is still pretty god damn impressive, your not doing im not doing noone else is doing it because noone else would do it. So i feel assured in saying good work Lee without having to be accused of brown nosing.

Lee strafford, what a guy. Thats not brown nosing? ok, if you say so.

Lee strafford, what a guy. Thats not brown nosing? ok, if you say so.

When you start working for the club for free then ill make a topic called council owl 'what a guy'

When you start working for the club for free then ill make a topic called council owl 'what a guy'

one question............ if you won the Euromillions and had a very good business mind and background, would you not relish the job, to be put on pedestal ?

I know I would.

The chance to turn round this once great club and make a massive name for yourself.

The fact that our chairman hasnt bought a season ticket is an issue to some people is a testament to how thick our fans are, and what a thankless task Lee has taken on. This man is a potential hero; if he pulls it off he'll take his seat next to Waddle and Hirst as Wednesday legends.

I appreciate his potential in the executive market, his family and health commitments and all the crap he is getting from genuine fudders. I also appreciate the steps he has taken to help our club despite some over-zealousness at times.

However, I don't want to be constantly reminded of these sacrifices at every turn as if we were petulant children being told to be grateful.

Sacrifices are just that, sacrifices. They come with responsibility and short term risk otherwise they sound trite and insincere.

Lee needs to await kudos from the fans after a sustained period of growth on and off the pitch, its the best kind of kudos you can get.

I would work for nothing at the football club I support if I had a couple million pounds in the bank and my family was financially very secure.

That said credit to Lee for building a company up from nothing and selling it for a few quid.

Edited by Tubes

im regretting starting this topic now as i didnt want it to turn in to a 10 page shouting match. All i wanted to do was draw attention to the monetary sacrifice LS has made to running this club, something that i didnt think had been brought up before