Lee Strafford

Guest JonR

There was a typical LS status update a couple of days ago trying to get people to buy tickets. I just made a comment along the lines of "if people aren't interested telling them to buy tickets will not work if it's not worked after a year - maybe we should try a different approach" to which LS responded with a pretty aggressive reply about me not understanding stuff and basically saying I don't "get it". Well, you know what? I do get it. I get the argument he is making, but the fact I understand it doesn't make it right or logical. LS needs to get out of the mindset that he is always right and everyone else is always wrong.

To be honest, this didn't bother me too much. But earlier, when talking to friends in Sheffield, I was told about conversations they've had with LS and I've just got to the stage where I'm sick of the aggressive approach of telling people they just don't get it. Just because people disagree or have slightly different ideas it doesn't mean they don't get it. I'm worried because LS is in danger of making a rod for his own back.

Certain sections of the fanbase are feeling alienated. The club has failed miserably this season on the pitch, despite all the pre season optimism. And still the carrot of the "investment process" is dangled just out of reach of the fans.

LS might be the best thing to have happened to the club in the last 30 years. The way LS has handled himself has moved me from the LS supporters camp, to the "he might do the club some good but I don't particularly like the guy camp".

whilst being a big supporter of Lee (having been skeptical at the start), I have to agree with a lot of what you have posted in that

There was a typical LS status update a couple of days ago trying to get people to buy tickets. I just made a comment along the lines of "if people aren't interested telling them to buy tickets will not work if it's not worked after a year - maybe we should try a different approach" to which LS responded with a pretty aggressive reply about me not understanding stuff and basically saying I don't "get it". Well, you know what? I do get it. I get the argument he is making, but the fact I understand it doesn't make it right or logical. LS needs to get out of the mindset that he is always right and everyone else is always wrong.

To be honest, this didn't bother me too much. But earlier, when talking to friends in Sheffield, I was told about conversations they've had with LS and I've just got to the stage where I'm sick of the aggressive approach of telling people they just don't get it. Just because people disagree or have slightly different ideas it doesn't mean they don't get it. I'm worried because LS is in danger of making a rod for his own back.

Certain sections of the fanbase are feeling alienated. The club has failed miserably this season on the pitch, despite all the pre season optimism. And still the carrot of the "investment process" is dangled just out of reach of the fans.

LS might be the best thing to have happened to the club in the last 30 years. The way LS has handled himself has moved me from the LS supporters camp, to the "he might do the club some good but I don't particularly like the guy camp".

I think this is fair enough.

I don't think he's everyone's cup of tea, and let's be honest, he's never going to win Mr Popularity/PR King.

That said, as things stand, I'll accept our chairman being a bit of a loon if he facilitates our becoming a successful club again.

V.Good post

Not a touch on coconut man though!

However if we go back to my original post, i didnt comment on his ability as a communicator i just highlighted his sacrifice. Think what you like of the bloke but dont tell me my comments are wrong or misplaced.

They guys actions impress me. His RS interview impressed me. I agree some of his comments are misplaced and i to have be annoyed at some responses he has given me. Just last week i asked what would happen if we dont reach our ST target this season are we going to be in another relegation dog fight and all i got was some air fairy response.

I put this down to 1) not wanting to admit things arent going well. (why would you, you need to display a positive image of the club at all time for fans and investors) 2) he is new to this so give him a chance, he is learning all the time. He may say the wrong things from time to time but his heart is in the right place

*awaits the negative marks*

Maybe the comment about 400, 000 fans was wrong but his comment on Sheridan is footballing opinion most likely held by a few Wednesday fans.

Do they worry me? - NO

As for deadlines being moved would you rather he didn't move deadlines in order to suit business needs. At least he isn't stubborn and is willing to move deadlines in order to get the best for the club.

And how do you know investment talk is testicles? You don't have any basis for that do you?

Did you really think you would get sued for this post?

Lets just say I've diluted it...................quite a lot

Sheridan better than Scholes........................FFS :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You've got a sever case of deluditis belfast :blink:

Top post.

Guest triple j

I appreciate his potential in the executive market, his family and health commitments and all the crap he is getting from genuine fudders. I also appreciate the steps he has taken to help our club despite some over-zealousness at times.

However, I don't want to be constantly reminded of these sacrifices at every turn as if we were petulant children being told to be grateful.

Sacrifices are just that, sacrifices. They come with responsibility and short term risk otherwise they sound trite and insincere.

Lee needs to await kudos from the fans after a sustained period of growth on and off the pitch, its the best kind of kudos you can get.

No diggidy

Lets just say I've diluted it...................quite a lot

Sheridan better than Scholes........................FFS :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You've got a sever case of deluditis belfast :blink:

Bottler or are you talking through your hole.

I'd love to see what you have diluted...

And did I say explicitly Scholes at his peak was better than Scholes?

and rob howe my point was LS stands up for himself wheras DA called people cretins and scum when he was meant to announce investment. People give it to LS but hate it when he he gives it back

...and rob howe my point was LS stands up for himself wheras DA called people cretins and scum when he was meant to announce investment. People give it to LS but hate it when he he gives it back

Serious question - do you believe it's right or fitting for the Chairman to 'give it' or 'give it back' to fans? Do you believe that this might just be why we have an ever widening divide between the fan base on this issue?

Is it not ironic that as he attempts to bring the fan base together, some of his actions are actually driving it apart?

Serious question - do you believe it's right or fitting for the Chairman to 'give it' or 'give it back' to fans? Do you believe that this might just be why we have an ever widening divide between the fan base on this issue?

Is it not ironic that as he attempts to bring the fan base together, some of his actions are actually driving it apart?

He, Strafford, may have contributed to the whole "true/part-time" fan debate.

Maybe its just me, but LS doesn't seem to "get" part-time fans so to speak.

His view, or how it come across, is that if you can afford to go, then you should go regardless.

Now I "get it", but we all know that fanbases don't work like that.

Guest triple j

Lee Strafford's just like my bird, never f*cking wrong. A very ugly trait.

Yes.

He is doing a thankless task and very openly communicates with fans. He is very passionate about this and doesn't take any poo poo,

Should he just let people take digs at him, post untruths

Or should he directly address them.

Some people need to grow a set.

Guest triple j

Yes.

He is doing a thankless task and very openly communicates with fans. He is very passionate about this and doesn't take any poo poo,

Should he just let people take digs at him, post untruths

Or should he directly address them.

Some people need to grow a set.

No Belfast, he's too bleedin much at times and you know it.

Rob did you ever have your meeting with him?

Totally agree! He has done some magnificent things, alot at the start of his reign but ...

The team's league position, the Laws saga, the investment fiasco, the chairman's communication with fans, the season ticket renewal 'deadlines', the poor uptake of season tickets and of recent/upcoming matches and all isn't right at the club at the moment!

Anyway Watford tomorrow night! UTO