Lee Strafford

Guest JonR

Guest totemowl

Serious question - do you believe it's right or fitting for the Chairman to 'give it' or 'give it back' to fans? Do you believe that this might just be why we have an ever widening divide between the fan base on this issue?

Is it not ironic that as he attempts to bring the fan base together, some of his actions are actually driving it apart?

No. He should be as timid as every other chairman in the league, not express an opinion and just nod whenever anyone says anything against him.

Bottler or are you talking through your hole.

I'd love to see what you have diluted...

And did I say explicitly Scholes at his peak was better than Scholes?

and rob howe my point was LS stands up for himself wheras DA called people cretins and scum when he was meant to announce investment. People give it to LS but hate it when he he gives it back

Not a bottler, a realist who knows when he's been led up the garden path.

No. He should be as timid as every other chairman in the league, not express an opinion and just nod whenever anyone says anything against him.

Yes, i bet that all the other chairman look at LS with envy.

Edited by SiJ

Guest triple j

she's not that bad, least not in the dark anyhow........

I've Fritzled her up so I'm not sure what she looks like in the light anymore :ph34r:

Not a bottler, a realist who knows when he's been led up the garden path.

You come on here billy big b*llocks claiming you will sued but give a timid post

You can't prove the investment talk is rubbish

Or tell us why moving deadlines for business needs is a bad thing.

Should LS resign?

A sign of really impressive management in my opinion, is to listen to people, guage opinions first, THEN act.

Rather than acting, listening to people whinge when you get it wrong then change the original decision.

I was reading the sunday times the other week.

The company that came TOP in the best 100 places to work, carried out numerous and continous employee / customer feed back surveys, listened carefully to what their customers and employees were saying and acted upon it, listened to their staff closely and acted.

It just seems to be a little bit the other way round at S6. Act rapidly, make a mistake - some 'prime' matches ticketing policies after listening to feed back then change it, but the positive is at least the club have changed it AFTER listening to feed.

I honestly think these are more to do with the staff at S6 than LS personally, but the complete balls up of the 'family' area and the grand stand is a prime example !

I'm not saying i don't support him etc. etc. but i think the phrase 'act in haste' regret at leisure has proved a little too correct for S6 recently.

Serious question - do you believe it's right or fitting for the Chairman to 'give it' or 'give it back' to fans? Do you believe that this might just be why we have an ever widening divide between the fan base on this issue?

Is it not ironic that as he attempts to bring the fan base together, some of his actions are actually driving it apart?

I've said this before and I agree with you 100%. We need to be bringing the fanbase together and not driving them apart with comments and a style that is divisive by its nature.

Or tell us why moving deadlines for business needs is a bad thing.

A deadline should be a boundary in which something is excellent value and then only good value.

The purpose being that if you miss the deadline you won't get as good a deal. This incentive raises sales as fans clamour for the best deal making the club hit sales targets and fans happy with the deal they get.

To undermine this incentive instantly makes it fail.

A sign of really impressive management in my opinion, is to listen to people, guage opinions first, THEN act.

Rather than acting, listening to people whinge when you get it wrong then change the original decision.

I was reading the sunday times the other week.

The company that came TOP in the best 100 places to work, carried out numerous and continous employee / customer feed back surveys, listened carefully to what their customers and employees were saying and acted upon it, listened to their staff closely and acted.

It just seems to be a little bit the other way round at S6. Act rapidly, make a mistake - some 'prime' matches ticketing policies after listening to feed back then change it, but the positive is at least the club have changed it AFTER listening to feed.

I honestly think these are more to do with the staff at S6 than LS personally, but the complete balls up of the 'family' area and the grand stand is a prime example !

I'm not saying i don't support him etc. etc. but i think the phrase 'act in haste' regret at leisure has proved a little too correct for S6 recently.

A deadline should be a boundary in which something is excellent value and then only good value.

The purpose being that if you miss the deadline you won't get as good a deal. This incentive raises sales as fans clamour for the best deal making the club hit sales targets and fans happy with the deal they get.

To undermine this incentive instantly makes it fail.

Would you rather the club potentially made more money or lose out?

If more people bought season tickets then deadlines would not be moved.

I understand how people who did fork up feel but surely we need to look at the bigger picture. We need as many fans in the ground as possible.

He, Strafford, may have contributed to the whole "true/part-time" fan debate.

Maybe its just me, but LS doesn't seem to "get" part-time fans so to speak.

His view, or how it come across, is that if you can afford to go, then you should go regardless.

Now I "get it", but we all know that fanbases don't work like that.

I think you could well be right.

I think most people understand that there are many types of football fan - from the passionate, bordering on full-on nutter, who lives and breathes their club to the fair-weathered fan who may go once a year or to the odd big game.

Unfortunately we don't all fit into one group.