My top 10 as follows:

1. 3-2 vs Man Utd 1991

2. 1-0 vs Man Utd 1991 cup

3. 2-1 vs Sheff Utd cup semi 1993

4. 4-2 vs Hartlepool play off 2005

5. 4-1 vs Norwich, league, 2008

6. 4-2 vs Blackburn, cup semi, 1993

7. 4-1 away against Everton, 1994

8. 3-3 vs Southampton, league, 2007 (i think)

9. 4-0 vs Watford, league cup q final, 2002

10. 2-2 vs kaiserslauten, uefa cup, 1993

Two from Di Canio and one from Pembridge I think although I was soooo pissed. Didn't arrive at the pub opposite the ground until at least 5 past 11 (bloody women drives, no wonder Richard divorced her!) so had some catching up to do.

Pissed up for the Hartlepool game also but remember every second of it.

:rolleyes: look at the year!

My top 10 as follows:

1. 3-2 vs Man Utd 1991

2. 1-0 vs Man Utd 1991 cup

3. 2-1 vs Sheff Utd cup semi 1993

4. 4-2 vs Hartlepool play off 2005

5. 4-1 vs Norwich, league, 2008

6. 4-2 vs Blackburn, cup semi, 1993

7. 4-1 away against Everton, 1994

8. 3-3 vs Southampton, league, 2007 (i think)

9. 4-0 vs Watford, league cup q final, 2002

10. 2-2 vs kaiserslauten, uefa cup, 1993

Also the year after 3-3 i think was a classic.

Recent ones that came to my head were the 3-2 VS reading, 2-0 down at half time. Think it was Sibons last game.

Donny away, Maclean hatrick.

Leeds away, Brunt from 40 yards, and obviously the leicester 3-1, sat in their end, i think i came in my pants when clarke scored.

Edited by boxing_day

Also the year after 3-3 i think was a classic.

Recent ones that came to my head were the 3-2 VS reading, 2-0 down at half time. Think it was Sibons last game.

Donny away, Maclean hatrick.

Leeds away, Brunt from 40 yards, and obviously the leicester 3-1, sat in their end, i think i came in my pants when clarke scored.

Man utd 5-4 aug 31 68

Leeds Away 3-1 Jan 69 Cup replay

Notts County away 5-1 74

burnley 7-0 May 67

Burnley 5-0 Fa cup 83

Chelsea league cup semi final 2nd leg

The first leg was good also. 2-0 I think. Sheridan and Worthington did their special free kick, where Worthy runs over the ball and Shezza plays it down the wing for him to cross and we score. Hooray!!

Some of the Oldham games in 91 were good. 2 - 2 at home, Sheridan with 2 penalties. All of the Man Utd games when we beat them.

The West Ham "Waddle Game" has to be up there in the top 10.

Guest Crooky

Hey need a little help here guys & gals....

What i'm asking is what do you think are SWFC's greatest 20 games in their history.

I'm not talking about YOUR top 20, i'm talking about the clubs top 20 e.g. Boxing day massacre, first FA cup win....etc!

Muchos appreciated all!!!

I enjoyed beating the Dingles 3-0 away. :happy:

Also beating Pigs a few time :happy:

Hey need a little help here guys & gals....

What i'm asking is what do you think are SWFC's greatest 20 games in their history.

I'm not talking about YOUR top 20, i'm talking about the clubs top 20 e.g. Boxing day massacre, first FA cup win....etc!

Muchos appreciated all!!!

Using what criteria?

- Victories against the odds?

- Clinching titles / trophies / league division status?

- Meaning most in terms of income secured as a result?

- Meaning most to the average supporter?

- Game as a spectacle, regardless of result?

Most people will give their most memorable games, but you specify SWFC's history as the defined timeframe - I don't expect you'll get many votes for performances like the 1935 Cup Final but using any criterion this (and others outside living memory) has to be a contender.

Are you asking just as a matter of interest? For some kind of research project? To get the fans talking football again?

Has anyone mentioned Crystal Palace away when we qualified for Europe 91/92? That was amazing, Paul Williams scored for us, from a great Shez cross but Brighty equalized for them in the last minute.

I think we took 5 or 6,000, and as the Palace players were doing their end of season lap of honour the Chelsea V Arsenal result came in (1-1) and we all went absolutely mental. That's got to be up there somewhere.

The first leg was good also. 2-0 I think. Sheridan and Worthington did their special free kick, where Worthy runs over the ball and Shezza plays it down the wing for him to cross and we score. Hooray!!

Some of the Oldham games in 91 were good. 2 - 2 at home, Sheridan with 2 penalties. All of the Man Utd games when we beat them.

The West Ham "Waddle Game" has to be up there in the top 10.

Definitely 2-0

Other games of note there was a big scoring game against Man Utd in the late 60's/ early 70's ( I did not go to this )

4-2 win against newcastle 83/84

2-0 away at Cardiff 83/84 ( Are you reading this Mr. Seeds :biggrin: )

Guest Sheff Owl

As said before the 'Waddle' game Vs West Ham 5-0 that was a amazing game, Waddle was immense.

David Burrows could not wait for that game till end, bet he needed a lay down after that.

how about ....

owls 3-2 barcelona 28/2/62 (fairs cup Q/F)

owls 5-4 man utd 31/8/68 (div 1,1st team to beat new european champs )

owls 4-4 man utd 7/12/74 (div 2)

owls 4-0 arsenal 28/12/63 (div 1)

owls 4-0 roma 29/11/61 (fairs cup)

man utd 2-7 owls 1/2/61 (fa cup 4th rnd replay)

Apologies if it's already been said, but Wednesday 5-1 Hull in August 1990 was a huge game.

I think it was our first home game after relegation and it really set the club up for a storming season and our immediate return to the top flight.

I suppose the crushing defeats that have cost managers their jobs should could also be considered? They are "Top" games in terms of the effect they have on the club. So recent examples would be that hammering away at Colchester which saw the end of Sturrock and then December's surrender at Leicester.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Boxing day massacre

Still holds the record for the highest attendance for a third tier English football match

Man Utd 3-1 at home in ’98

Beating the world’s richest club in their most successful season ever (won the treble in ’99) in front of a sell-out crowd

Palace at home in ’84 (1-0)

Iconic game, back in the big-time after 14 long years

5th round FA cup tie against Man City in Feb ‘34

2-2 draw at Hillsborough, 72,000 turned up for this one