Team for Sunderland

What i'd like to see:

Westwood

Hunt Lees Pudil Reach

Wallace Jones Bannan

Abdi

Winnall Hooper

Bring Abdi back in the side and play him just behind the two front men, where Hooper kinda played yesterday. He played just behind the Deeney and Vydra for Watford any they were lethal. 

Based on a few games in close succession I think we may see: 

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens/Pudil 

Reach

Boyd

Abdi

Jones

Bannan 

Winall

Fletch

I think maybe too much for Hooper to play 3 games in a week. If he doesn't play, Abdi has to. I hope we can get Abdi rehabilitated as his creativity may be the key in absence of Lee. 

I'd like for Winall to keep his spot and think Fletch be keen to make an impression against his old employers. 

Bannan out wide with Reach - running out of options, that's if FF not back and don't think Wallace be rested enough by then. 

All out attack, with a formation like back in the good ole days. Attack, attack, attack... lol

(Old fashioned 2-3-5 formation) :ph34r:

Westwood;

Hunt,

Pudil;

Palmer,

Lees,

Reach;

Bannan,

Hooper,

Fletcher,

Winnall,

Boyd.

We could try and outscore them in a old fashioned 9 goal thriller :ghoulguy::manager:

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Based on a few games in close succession I think we may see: 

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens/Pudil 

Reach

Boyd

Abdi

Jones

Bannan 

Winall

Fletch

I think maybe too much for Hooper to play 3 games in a week. If he doesn't play, Abdi has to. I hope we can get Abdi rehabilitated as his creativity may be the key in absence of Lee. 

I'd like for Winall to keep his spot and think Fletch be keen to make an impression against his old employers. 

Bannan out wide with Reach - running out of options, that's if FF not back and don't think Wallace be rested enough by then. 

I see it being this team.  We need to play 3 midfielders but I think this will be the formation for the game with Bannan on the left. Hooper would always be my first choice attacker but I agree he will be rested.

Westwood

-

Hunt

Lees

Pudil

Reach

-

Wallace

Jones

Bannan

Boyd

-

Winnall

Fletcher

Can't see Loovens/Hutch making it in time. Whether FF makes the 18 I don't know but if he does I think it'll be on the bench. We need some aerial threat up top and Fletcher gives us that. Rhodes needs to be dropped, he's just not doing it. Winnall deserves to start after yesterday but would be typical if he's left out.

3 minutes ago, owls101 said:

flipping joke if we have to start pudil at CB.

Second season in a row we've had this problem.

Once biten twice shy eh?

If Pudil starts at centre back against a very attack minded Sunderland, it could turn into a very embarrassing day, like being smashed by Forest back in the mid 90s :duntmatter:

24 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

What i'd like to see:

Westwood

Hunt Lees Pudil Reach

Wallace Jones Bannan

Abdi

Winnall Hooper

Bring Abdi back in the side and play him just behind the two front men, where Hooper kinda played yesterday. He played just behind the Deeney and Vydra for Watford any they were lethal. 

Pudil and Reach not good enough and playing them together back 4 would leave us vulnerable to say the least (no steel), Jones, come on, what positives does he give (journeyman) Abdi potential season changer but needs game time (not in a weak side) why leave out Fletcher our in form striker but yes Winnall is the next best option.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

If Pudil starts at centre back against a very attack minded Sunderland, it could turn into a very embarrassing day, like being smashed by Forest back in the mid 90s :duntmatter:

Not Pudils position,3rd season on and we still have the same problem, cant be right

IMG_7394.thumb.JPG.eb1629716e97fbfdc283ebc4f64d4dd8.JPG

I don't see Loovens being fit & really don't want Pudil there. With how things are now I think it's perfect time for O'Grady as the teams performance is under more scrutiny than his will be. 

Pudil hasnt been great at left back either & Reach can't tackle so it leaves Fox. Despite some fans writing him off I think he's actually decent & in this formation he wouldn't need to attack too much.

Second half against QPR we went 4-3-3 & had we had subs too freshen it up I think we'd have won. Very unlikely to happen but that formation is perfect for both Winnall & Forestieri. I'd start with Hooper in between them & have both Fletcher & Rhodes coming on later, a switch to 442 would be best for those two.

I would also have put Abdi in the starting lineup maybe instead of Boyd but he's nowhere near match fit.

So that's my team... but Carlos will choose something like this:

IMG_7395.thumb.JPG.a64c6c02262cdd7d53af3ff20b21a9ab.JPG

4 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

IMG_7394.thumb.JPG.eb1629716e97fbfdc283ebc4f64d4dd8.JPG

I don't see Loovens being fit & really don't want Pudil there. With how things are now I think it's perfect time for O'Grady as the teams performance is under more scrutiny than his will be. 

Pudil hasnt been great at left back either & Reach can't tackle so it leaves Fox. Despite some fans writing him off I think he's actually decent & in this formation he wouldn't need to attack too much.

Second half against QPR we went 4-3-3 & had we had subs too freshen it up I think we'd have won. Very unlikely to happen but that formation is perfect for both Winnall & Forestieri. I'd start with Hooper in between them & have both Fletcher & Rhodes coming on later, a switch to 442 would be best for those two.

I would also have put Abdi in the starting lineup maybe instead of Boyd but he's nowhere near match fit.

So that's my team... but Carlos will choose something like this:

IMG_7395.thumb.JPG.a64c6c02262cdd7d53af3ff20b21a9ab.JPG

Plus one simply for your effort 

Our defence looks poor without hutch as a shield and loovens so might as well try and win a game 4-3 for once at least it'll be exciting

westwood

hunt lees pudil reach 

jones

boyd          bannan

hooper

winnall    fletch

Got to start fletcher over rhodes particularly against his old team boyd and bannan should have energy to get up and down and compensate for hooper at the top of the diamond

What I'd like to see against Sunderland is the same as what I would like to have seen at any stage for the last 18 months. This....

-PAXP-deijE.gifImage may contain: text

However. 
Given that we have picked up injuries as per usual.........

The never ending drama that is Fernando & not knowing if he'll be in the squad.......

if it was up to me to pick a team during this chaos I'd go for this.

Think it would make the best of a bad situation..

Image may contain: text

I know though that this simply won't happen.  

It'll be something like this .

No automatic alt text available.

..as it always is.