FFP (again, apologies)

14 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

isnt there an international break after like 3 games?

Unless I'm very confused (laptop's broken so been relegated to my phone) when I checked our 5th league game was on 28th August.

It's very possible I'm completely wrong though because I only got this thing two weeks ago and I'm still struggling to use it... Watching muck just isn't the same on a 6 inch tall screen

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Unless I'm very confused (laptop's broken so been relegated to my phone) when I checked our 5th league game was on 28th August.

It's very possible I'm completely wrong though because I only got this thing two weeks ago and I'm still struggling to use it... Watching muck just isn't the same on a 6 inch tall screen

You might be right mate, I just seem to recall its one of the things that p*sses me off every year is the season starts and then stops about 3 weeks later from international break.

SHouldnt you be used to watching muck on a 6 inch screen? I mean I assumed thats pretty much what you ddi at uni when you went to the toilet during lectures every 20 mins :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I agree, those unwanted scraps from the prem like Bannan and Fessi are f*cking awful lol

Serious question though mate, do you think before you type, or do you just go ahead and type whatever?

I hope he comes good. But for the prices people are paying to watch this team we should be expecting some major money splashed. We aren't going to get out of this league with free transfers.

Guest Deleted member
13 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Remember Fletcher is being paid over 5m over 3 seasons in wages. His fee was nothing but otherwise an expensive addition 

Where do you get this from?

14 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Remember Fletcher is being paid over 5m over 3 seasons in wages. His fee was nothing but otherwise an expensive addition 

Whatever Fletcher is being paid this year also needs to come out of my 14M estimate for allowable incremental spend this year. It's clear that we can't afford 3 McCormack level signings, but we could certainly accommodate one.

Guest Deleted member

Nixon says something the cult like = Gospel

Nixon says something the cult don't like = ballcocks

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

In fact ignore that. It's a 4 year deal 

So 7.28m or 6.24m 

Over 4 years.. So them numbers are irrelevant with FFP, it's what we pay him in the year. Not paying a fee for him it works out cheap in the grand scheme of things.

6 hours ago, dfoster said:

I can't believe that some fans seem to be suggesting that we should ignore potential major fines and a transfer embargo just to remedy their impatience for mass spending.

fletcher, hooper, FF, bannan, lees, hunt and Westwood must all be on absolutely top end champ money .... Not to mention Joao, Matias, Wallace, McGugan, Hutch ....

And don't forget that before we started signing (or giving new contracts to) players of that ilk, MM was susbsidising the club for 5m a year 

i reckon thay that bunch must have added at least 12m a year on to wage bill

then there's the 10m plus spent on transfer fees

We must be currently running at a loss of AT LEAST ten million a year - which clearly Chansiri is happy to cover.

but look at the damage caused to Forest and Blackburn by an embargo? Chansiri is 100% correct to do this properly, even it that means it takes another year or two to get back up

Wow! That's far too sensible a post! But at least saves me having to post it and having to rewrite in polite way as you have. 

Top man! 

Guest Deleted member
19 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I agree, daft init. 

*Apart from using 'the cult'. That basically makes you JTO and BG.

Sorry, it was an auto correct... should have been an n

I've tried to find a definitive start date for FFP on the FA/EFL sites but all it mentions is "season". If we take it that it starts this season on 7th August (IF) then we are currently in last season's FFP period with a max £13M deficit. 

Having signed a number of players since the start of last season and made many loans permanent in January along with loan fees, agents etc. there is likely to be very limited leeway for signings until the new season starts.

This would mean that from 7 August we would have funds available as this would be the start of the 3yr cumulative period (£39M) but DC may not want to miss out on a signing now and this is why the calculations are being done. The real difficulty being able to exactly determine what the losses will be if it is a close run thing.

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

One would imagine that the definition of 'season' follows what contracts and the transfer window defines as 'season' namely 1st July to the 30th June.

Possibly but the dates you mention are driven by the summer transfer window opening. I don't know if the authorities would have considered that in relation to FFP.

Guest samkirkman
51 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Nixon

its actually over 7m over 4 years

Nixon talks ballcocks.

He's a fat, no nowt, jock tw@t and his pronouncements are just about as reliable as anything else you'd read in the Sun.