What are your expectations of CC for the new season?

Just wondering really, now that we have CC in charge with the new season looming, what are fellow fans thoughts and expectations on the new manager for the upcoming campaign?  

Essentially, what are your minimum expectations of Carlos Carvalhal, before the pitchforks start coming out? :manager:  

Thoughts?

Absolute bare minimum expectation is a top half finish.

An expectation is to challenge for the play offs.

Exceeding expectations would be to comfortably float there or thereabouts in the top 6 for the majority of the season.

I also expect him to remain devilishly handsome for the duration of the season & run up and down the touchline when we score at least once.

I would like top half, sniffing around the play offss, however, I will be pleased to see attacking football and a system starting to gel ahead of a real good tilt at promotion next season, even if it ment finishing lower in the table.

Edited by lukestheman82

Think we might struggle for a couple of months as we come to terms with the amount of changes that we have made . Just hoping we can get enough good results so that not too much pressure mounts on the players and staff as hillsborough sometimes seems to stifle some players. Hopefully we can kick on in the second part of the season similar to how Watford had a really strong second half of last season. Have to say with that with the money spent and our new found optimism that anything less than top 10 would be a massive disappointment and I'm hoping for top 8

Not seen a massive amount of the pre season, but from what I've seen I have a genuine fear that we're going to play that ridiculous football that Sean O'Driscoll teams tend to play, where the full back wants to pass to the midfield player who's ten feet away, and it takes fifteen passes to move the ball ten feet.

I would hope for open attractive (winning) football, but genuinely don't expect that to be the case.

I think that if we don't get off to a reasonable start and win more points than we drop, in the first ten games, the fans will make up Mr Chansiri's mind for him, because there's a fairly sizeable minority who like nothing better than choosing a scapegoat and then giving them a torrid time, and it could be CC's turn to be the whipping boy this time.

slow start. 1 loan. steadying before christmas. 2 january signings. finish just outside of playoff's. speculation around job to follow.

still in charge start of following season.

I also expect him to become the most stylish manager in dress sense that we've ever had. no tracksuits on match days (I'll be wrong on this tho).

Edited by POWP

I'd be expecting at least top half finish. I think it'll be a month or two before the team starts to adjust to a new system/team mates. I reckon a slow start but then we'll finish well. I'd happily take 8th right now.

Then Improve weak positions again.