What are your expectations of CC for the new season?

I expect that with so many changes in personnel, a different playing style and coaching set up, we won't start off winning too many, Owlstalk will be in melt down.

Players, the Manager, Chansiri, Roeder etc will (either individually or collectively) be criticised and blamed for this terrible crime against the "I want it all, I want it NOW" brigade, we'll dissect Carvalhal's interview style (happens with every Manager like what they say to RS means anything!), his tactics, player selection, signings (if we scapegoat him, all good signings will be down to the committee and all bad signings will be his fault), substitutes etc etc.

We'll know for a fact we would've won every game with the choices we would've made (even though most of us will disagree with what those decisions should've been). There'll be arguing, name calling, groups will form, sides will be chosen. Matchday after a defeat will be a war zone.

Can't wait.

WAWAW  :manager:

So far so good with the expectations  :manager:

Not heard his interviews being criticised yet mind.

Not happy with the results or performances so far but it's understandable given the total upheaval on and off the pitch that isn't complete yet.

Wasn't convinced when we brought CC in & I'm still not convinced now. However... I think we all need to forget the last 5 league games. We've not had the easiest of starts & I think DC & CC have quickly realised that the squad we had was no where near good enough to get anywhere near the top 6. 

Lots to be done, but get a striker of Hooper & Vydra's quality in & loan out/get rid of players that simply aren't good enough (Lavery, May, Dielna & potentially Bus) or don't have a good enough attitude (Dielna) & in 5 games time I think we'll be back on track. If not, then I'm sure CC will eventually pay the price.

And while we're on a transfer rampage - sell Vermijl & get Hunt in permanently. No more poo at Hillsborough!

I think he will struggle. Don't think the players will buy into his style of play. They will be confused.

It won't work.

lol

Gone by November,

Nothing from his past managerial history, to suggest he will succeed.

The replacement will have to be very experienced to pick up the pieces.

lol

Gone where? To collect his manager of the month award?

Struggle for the first few months and finish strongly (top 10) playing fluent attacking football come the end of the season, ready for a promotion push in 2016/17.

Wrong so far. Hopefully the fluent attacking football will continue and we do finish strongly though.

Be interesting to see the team's fitness. There was talk of double training sessions. An old friend who chiefly lives in Istanbul and watches Besiktas tells me CC had a reputation for ensuring players were really fit, somewhat in a Pochettino mode.

All take time to gel and obviously recruitment not ended yet. A few points off the playoffs by year end, and hopefully kick on.

Looking forward to it. I missed Boro and Brentford, our two best home shows last season.

Absolute bare minimum expectation is a top half finish.

An expectation is to challenge for the play offs.

Exceeding expectations would be to comfortably float there or thereabouts in the top 6 for the majority of the season.

I also expect him to remain devilishly handsome for the duration of the season & run up and down the touchline when we score at least once.

On track still.

However, whilst remaining devilishly handsome he's not gone mad celebrating yet.

Must try harder in that aspect.

I think he will struggle. Don't think the players will buy into his style of play. They will be confused.

It won't work.

Spot on from me.

The fact is that his tactics didn't work with that nonsensical 4-5-1/ 4-3-3 formation .

Carlos was big enough to change to a more familiar 4-4-2 formation , the players all know how to play it and the results have come since then.

Well done Carlos.

Guest TommyTank

Spot on from me.

The fact is that his tactics didn't work with that nonsensical 4-5-1/ 4-3-3 formation .

Carlos was big enough to change to a more familiar 4-4-2 formation , the players all know how to play it and the results have come since then.

Well done Carlos.

We play a 4-1-3-1-1

Never been a 4-4-2.

There are some very good teams above us, with very big budgets, the hardest bit now is closing the gap with them.

Spot on from me.

Well done Carlos.

On what planet was that spot on!?

We play a 4-1-3-1-1

Never been a 4-4-2.

There are some very good teams above us, with very big budgets, the hardest bit now is closing the gap with them.

Oh don't you just love the FIFA generation.

8 days to go lol

You can avoid making incorrect predictions, by never making them, and just sniping at those bold enough.

Cc is very likely to survive until X mas. Still think it will take another manager to take us forward.

We're 3 points better than last season after 13 games. The minimum you d expert after c 6 million spent on transfer fees.

If we don't smash last seasons points total, cc will be gone.

Guest TommyTank

Oh don't you just love the FIFA generation.

Don't you just love the 'I only know one formation and get it forrad generation'.

Guest TommyTank

4 defenders with fullbacks who are encouraged to attack and go beyond the midfield (4)

1 holding midfield player who drops in to cover the attacking fullback (1)

3 midfield players who are responsible for both attacking and defending, they press in a 3 and attack in a 3. (3)

1 number 10 who's role it is to find space between the oppositions defence and midfield. (1)

1 CF who pushes on to occupy both CB's. (1)

Its not 1960 anymore, 4, 4 f'kin 2.