Look at this photo... Is this a penalty ?

The reason it isn't given is because Maguire is thick.

It's a penalty, but FFS why the hell does Maguire sit on his arse on his way down and appeal, FFS.

It saying to the ref, if I have the control to appeal whilst still on the way down, then it dive.

Thick Maguire, Thick.

Small margins in tight games & our players aren't smart enough.

Good summary

Guest wilyfox

it's one that could go either way. Looking at Maguire waist down, i'd say penalty. From the waist up, he's already prepared to go over chest out arms wide. All he had to do was wait for the sliding challenge to wipe him out. Instead, he pre-empted the tackle and that's what the ref has seen - i reckon.

The reason it isn't given is because Maguire is thick.

It's a penalty, but FFS why the hell does Maguire sit on his arse on his way down and appeal, FFS.

It saying to the ref, if I have the control to appeal whilst still on the way down, then it dive.

Thick Maguire, Thick.

Small margins in tight games & our players aren't smart enough.

Agree, our players need to wise up to stuff like this.

Rightly or wrongly, there's a science to appealing, and it ain't fecking rocket science.

Hand ball: appeal straight away & hope for an instant ref reaction

A trip or push: end up on your arse, face down, let your team mates appeal and then appeal yourself.

A trip or push Maguire Style: Feel the contact, whilst on way down, contort your body as much as possible to appeal ASAP, giving the ref the impression that its an orchestarted dive. 

FFS.

Photo finish

Odds on pen!

Rightly or wrongly, there's a science to appealing, and it ain't fecking rocket science.

Hand ball: appeal straight away & hope for an instant ref reaction

A trip or push: end up on your arse, face down, let your team mates appeal and then appeal yourself.

A trip or push Maguire Style: Feel the contact, whilst on way down, contort your body as much as possible to appeal ASAP, giving the ref the impression that its an orchestarted dive. 

FFS.

Stop spending too much time in Italy lol

bloke made a tackle didnt get the ball and made contact with maguire  its, a penalty all day long .........maguire was looking for it and fall/dive is hopeless but still dont alter the fact it was a pen .maguire as got to learn that when you are tripped up your arms automaticly go out in front to break the fall not stuck out sideways or above your head like what he does .till he learns that he´s always going to be struggling to get one .

Well he didnt help himself, it was probably a pen but if you look at his body action hes already decided to go down before the foots gone in, ref didnt buy it and i cant blame him, we need to go to acting school ffs!

Was a definite pen but Maguire started going down fractionally before the challenge.

He played for the pen and anticipated his fall which gave the ref enough of a margin of doubt not to give it.

Lets face it, if it was 1-0 we would have got it, but refs are reluctant to decide games with pens and at 0-0 in the last minutes they will find any reason not to give them.