Look at this photo... Is this a penalty ?

Don't need that photo saw it live, saw it replayed, penalty, even the udders fans round me said so.

Which us exactly what i said in my first post...

Nobody is looking at that photo and making their mind up - they are using it to support what they already saw...

Will we ever be awarded a penalty? NO

Would it have been given at the other end? YES

Refs are bent and nobody will ever convince me otherwise

I've seen too many of these bent officials over the years and its ruined the game for me.

I agree with you here.  We are constantly getting shafted, its getting beyond a joke now.  

Remember last season, we couldn't even get a penalty then, remember Becchio's diving fist punch in the box.  

Its official we don't get pens.

When I saw it live, I thought it was nailed on, but after watching a reply he started to go down just a fraction before contact was made. I have seen them given, but I think the ref got it right. If a penalty had been given against us in that situation, I would have been livid.

When is a dive a dive?

Is a player not fully entitled to fall down if that's what he wants to do?

Surely you don't get booked for 'diving' purely for falling down? Is it dishonest to fall down? No. It's only dishonest to then appeal as if you've been chopped down. Falling down is no more deceitful than Waddle dropping the shoulder, Cruyff dragging the ball back, Pele running one side of the keeper and allowing the ball to run the other side, Ighalo standing five yards offside for a through ball to Vydra, a player running over the ball at a free kick, a penalty taker giving the keeper the eyes at a penalty. Deceit is a key part of the game of football and it shouldn't be cut out.

Cheating is a different matter. It's cheating to fall down and then claim a foul when nobody has touched you.

Maguire may well have already been falling down but falling down in itself is not a punishable offence.

By the time he actually hits the deck he's been fouled. By the time he appeals for the penalty he's been fouled.

It's a foul in the box so its a penalty.