Something needs to be done and said

Guest JamesSwfcOwl

I genuinely don't know.    I doubt we are going to go out and spend a wad, on either fee's or wages.   I do think the purse strings may be loosened somewhat though, and its not just money - a player who has a chance to sign for two teams will look at the club and it's infrastructure, the direction it is heading in etc and then make a choice.   I would like to think with this takeover we are seen to be heading into some good times.

Hopefully you're right.

With time against us (again), maybe we'll have to chuck fees at rival clubs, for loans with a view in January

Firstly I aint saying I agree with the opening post but Its all about opinions and this is a discussion board whether you agree with the posters views or not, sick of posters abusing people for airing their opinions on here....

AGREED!!!!!

Well said sir

I'm not being over dramatic here but year after year our fans seem to be drooled in by false accusations all the time from the club. Being told that we will have a strong competitive squad for the start of the season earlier in pre-season to then having the smallest squad possible with very limited additions to the squad. Our fans don't deserve this and I think it's about time something was said. You look at strike forces in this league and then there's us with Madine, Nuhiu and Lavery come on.  How long before we start getting the "we'll use the loan market" bullshit like we do every year? And any players we sign now will have the "haven't had a full pre-season" excuse for when they're poo after 5 games. And let's not forget the squad will need "time to gel" which is another classic Wednesday line. Why do we never learn? I for one am not looking forward to the new season as I can see it being a season of struggle if we don't improve quickly

UTO

You forgot about the learning curve.

Apathy from the supporters of this football club has played a huge part in the lack of success over the last 25 years.

The lack of success of this football club has played a huge part in the apathy of its supporters.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

I actually partly agree

We have fans who seem happy to season after season be happy with nothing

Why?

Firstly I aint saying I agree with the opening post but Its all about opinions and this is a discussion board whether you agree with the posters views or not, sick of posters abusing people for airing their opinions on here....

Best post you've ever made, Stevie.

So because of fake twitter rumours, forum frenzy, gossip in boozers and comments from z list celebrity band members the club should should quash these rumours and put a statement out there to let us know what's happening despite our takeover having only recently passed the 40 day mark and bearing in mind other takeovers have taken 2 months plus?

Yes I can see the need to appease us. :duntmatter:

When there is something concrete to tell one way or another we will be told. Still time for things to get rolling.

I can only agree with the OP. After all, our ticket income must be higher than 75% of this division and we have the same commercial opportunties as every other team. Presumably the tv income is shared reasonably equally, so how come we haven't delivered in terms of performance?

Fans really need to stop equating attendance levels with spending power.

Wigan (for eg) get substantially more income before selling even one match ticket than we get in all our combined yearly revenue

We can voice our opinions if we buy season tickets year after year sorry

You can voice your opinion without buying a seasob ticket as well. Don't expect me to listen, though.

Edited by Shezza

SCOF I can see your point and agree. However, the biggest point of unrest IMO has been caused, yet again, by Milans pre season dialogue "Signings are not dependant on ratification" + SG whinging to the Star "Our squad is not big enough"

Very valid point.

I actually partly agree

We have fans who seem happy to season after season be happy with nothing

Why?

So who are these then? Because NO ONE who I sit with or drink with is happy with nothing...don't make up sheeite to justify your ill informed b o llo cks

Hate to add to this accumulating pile of crip but I'm going to.

We don't own the club, we support it. I speak as a 3rd generation Wednesdayite of many, many, many years' experience, much of it disappointing. I know that's no subsutitute for cleverness or skill, but you've got to understand that Wednesday is a football club run by somebody other than us and if you start fantasising about your role or your rights in it, then you are losing the plot. You can have joy with and for Wednesday, you can have pride and you can have misery too. What you cannot have is influence, so stop beating yourself up about it.

WAWAW