Transfer spending under Chansiri

I'd be interested to see what a graph like this would look like if it was the budget allocated to players wages in each season. Even though our transfer budget clearly declined rapidly, we were still paying extremely high wages and especially when we was in league 1.

Then also, as someone has also mentioned, seeing what our ticket sales has been like throughout these years would be interesting to see as well.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ChewyLovesOwls said:

I'd be interested to see what a graph like this would look like if it was the budget allocated to players wages in each season. Even though our transfer budget clearly declined rapidly, we were still paying extremely high wages and especially when we was in league 1.

Then also, as someone has also mentioned, seeing what our ticket sales has been like throughout these years would be interesting to see as well.

image.png.cdd52022b9511ade2966a029eeb13f2f.png

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

Again, the key point here is that the takeover back in 2015 was billed as a TUF venture, with TUF branding everywhere.

That disappeared in a couple of months. It is clear that the clan was told that TUF was no longer their property, to use as a cash machine, or to set a diversification strategy, according to taste.

Fates, really, were sealed at that point.

Subsequently, he was like an Edwardian dissolute younger son, playing the tables at Le Touquet. In that context, initial wins were more dangerous than some salutary losses would have been.

Good point, Id never thought of that, why have we had some, frankly dodgy sponsors on the shirts and not John West?

Its advertising and revenue for the owner so would help with FFP or isnt this allowed?

Milan Manderic didn't spend a lot of transfers and wages compared to other clubs.

But I always felt he knew how too run a business and the day to day running of behind the scenes was as it should be.

(Although the state of the pitch was poor)

I don't get that feeling with Chansiri.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChewyLovesOwls said:

Don't mention the wage bill

That doesn't suit the narrative that he's skint

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It’d be interesting to see what his spending on infrastructure looks like as well. I can only think of the score board, pitch and flood lights as major expenditure, maybe the inflatable dome ? But I’ll stand corrected.

PS. It’s a bit rich when I’m calling a f********g tent major expenditure though.

Edited by doubleo

41 minutes ago, doubleo said:

It’d be interesting to see what his spending on infrastructure looks like as well. I can only think of the score board, pitch and flood lights as major expenditure, maybe the inflatable dome ? But I’ll stand corrected.

PS. It’s a bit rich when I’m calling a f********g tent major expenditure though.

Considering there are rumours the north stand roof is about to cave in I think we can safely say its minimal. 

• Like 1