Transfer spending under Chansiri

17 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

He took a gamble, it didn't come off.

Now he's stuck with us and nobody else is interested in buying us.

It is what it is. We don't want him and he has no respect for us.

Yep, typical naive owner that walked into the boom-and-bust trap, took the wrong advice from the wrong kind of people and failed to put in place good financial and operational management and corporate governance arrangements.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Howmanyowls said:

I was not in the camp of let's sign the thumbs up fool. 

Me neither. We signed Winnall in January and I thought that was good business, then we signed Rhodes anyway making that redundant! Winnall would have been much better had we not 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Me neither. We signed Winnall in January and I thought that was good business, then we signed Rhodes anyway making that redundant! Winnall would have been much better had we not 

And maybe George Hirst some time from the bench. It was obvious Rhodes was in decline. His record the previous couple of years wasn't exactly brilliant. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Howmanyowls said:

And maybe George Hirst some time from the bench. It was obvious Rhodes was in decline. His record the previous couple of years wasn't exactly brilliant. 

Exactly ! I still bang this drum anyway… yes George Hirst was too big for his boots, but, we’ve just lost in the playoff final after being one of the best teams in the league, we have a striker pool of Forestieri Hooper Joao and Nuhiu. We’ve got an England under 20 striker who’s just banged goals galore in the youth ranks both domestically and internationally. Would be ideal to draft him in as 5th choice striker and start giving him experience with the possibility of loaning him for 6 month in Jan…. What do we do, sign Steven Fletcher, Jordan Rhodes and Sam Winnall for god knows how much money and give him no pathway to the first team. Absolutely stupid.

• Like 5