Also saying we have everyone a 10 game head start is a disservice to Röhl.

It 18 games in before we started to pick up some points.

His first 8 games were pre season.

That 4 in a row brought us into it. We’ve been poor since then.

11 minutes ago, wisewoodowl said:

I’ve been watching the Owls for over 60 years, I was 5 when I first went to Hillsborough (or Owlerton, as my uncle who took me used to call it)

Same here mate and what a roller coaster it's been and still is.

There's still a chance for us to save our season and I wont give up hoping.

We’re done for. 

with our GD we effectively have 43 points. We need to win our next 2 games to even be in with a chance, and let’s be honest that isn’t gonna happen 

Birmingham will pick up 3 points against Rotherham 

• Like 1

Be gutted to see us go down of course, and still managing to cling to a few scraps of belief that we could still wriggle out of this - a win at Blackburn will go an awfully long way in that regard - but I have started having the odd contingency pep talk with myself in the quiet moments between matches.

Bottom line is, I actually enjoyed last season a lot more than I’ve enjoyed most of this one. I’m not going to lose my head if we have to do it again, and *if* we do then I reckon we’ll be decently - if not ideally - placed for fairly strong odds to repeat the bounce back.

2 hours ago, sexpistol said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if we got an injury time winner against Sunderland that gets us out of the bottom 3 for the first time this season and we are safe.

A few more twists yet I reckon.

I'd be amazed never mind surprised..

On 14/04/2024 at 09:53, sexpistol said:

We got out of league 1 last season with DC at the helm.

I am no DC fan by the way.

Yes, but it still took two attempts to manage promotion and only then by the skin of our teeth.

If Danny goes it could be a long dismal season if we drop into L1.

On 14/04/2024 at 09:36, wisewoodowl said:

I have the same feeling this morning.  I am convinced that the WBA game will be the last time Wednesday play a Championship fixture at Hillsborough in my lifetime.  We're not getting out of League One anytime soon with chanceri as the owner.

I think even with DC in charge we're still going to have a top 6 wage budget in League 1 even with diminished season tickets. We'll get up eventually but staying there is another matter. We've become a Barnsley/Rotherham type of yo yo side. It's absolutely a disgrace for SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

• Thanks 1

On 14/04/2024 at 09:57, IstillhateSteveBould said:

That’s the thing. We keep having these chances to get out and blow it because we can’t stick the ball in the net. Just don’t see where the goals are coming from to win us games. 

This is a big problem - scoring more than one is a huge effort for us and we don’t do it enough.

One goal just doesn’t get us what we need, Stoke and Swansea a case in point.

That said, Blackburn haven’t been pulling up any trees of late so we have a chance - but we have to be clinical if we are to get what we need from it - have to hope that Sunday is the day it works for us.

Still lots of scenarios to play out but after this weekend it could be more or less over.

Rovrum fans will be supporting Brum this weekend so what a typical football twist if Rotherham actually win!

Likewise the Schumacher link in the Plymouth v Stoke match. Argyle fans (and maybe a few players) would love to see Schumacher sweating over survival going into final 2 games so another scenario that could play out.

If Stoke, Brum and Udders win however, which given their games isn't unrealistic, then the writing really would be on the wall for us going into the game at Blackburn.

Either way, if we want to stay up we really need to take all 3 points on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

This is a big problem - scoring more than one is a huge effort for us and we don’t do it enough.

One goal just doesn’t get us what we need, Stoke and Swansea a case in point.

That said, Blackburn haven’t been pulling up any trees of late so we have a chance - but we have to be clinical if we are to get what we need from it - have to hope that Sunday is the day it works for us.

Apart from being the better team and unlucky to lose at home to Ipswich. Getting a draw  against  Southampton. Putting 5 past Sunderland and beating Leeds. Yes they've been cra@p. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2