Two wins and a draw probably gets us out of it.

If the last few weeks have shown us anything, it’s that there’ll be unexpected results through to the end of the season.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Two wins and a draw probably gets us out of it.

If the last few weeks have shown us anything, it’s that there’ll be unexpected results through to the end of the season.

Yeah, but today I don't feel like this will he enough. Maybe just feeling sorry for myself 

I have the same feeling this morning.  I am convinced that the WBA game will be the last time Wednesday play a Championship fixture at Hillsborough in my lifetime.  We're not getting out of League One anytime soon with chanceri as the owner.

Edited by wisewoodowl
typo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wisewoodowl said:

I have the same feeling this morning.  I am convinced that the WBA game will be the last time Wednesday play a Championship fixture at Hillsborough in my lifetime.  We're not getting out of League One anytime soon with chanceri as the owner.

I agree with you. That hard work vs Peterborough and Barnsley seems for nothing. I wasn't expecting to do an "Ipswich " but to mid table this year. If we go down well struggle to get back up

• Like 4

It's never over until the math says so, but it's getting desperate. The other results really killed us over the weekend, save for Huddersfield. Unfortunately we now are left relying on our form to improve and others to fail - I just can't see it. Even small moves in our favour are unlikely to be enough.

I think we'll look back on yesterday, Swansea, Watford etc, and think what could have been. Even that Cardiff game where Dawson imploded and we gave away 1/3 points - so many times we've switched off, and not been clinical at the other end.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Swfcwjfl said:

I would usually say being a Wednesday fan im quite positive. I go into most games thinking we will get something. Supported Wednesday for 30+ years. Today I feel so deflated. I honestly think we are down. Looking at the fixtures and I can't see how we will get put of this. We need to win 3 games. Birmingham have got Rotherham, Huddersfield which they'll win. QPR will beat Preston and Stoke will beat Plymouth. If this happens then we don't beat Blackburn we could be almost down next Sunday. Just can't see how we will get out of this im afraid!

I bet yesterday you were saying Leeds will beat Blackburn. You cannot predict what will happen. I will state that every outcome you said will happen doesn’t.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, wisewoodowl said:

We got out of league 1 last season with DC at the helm.

I am no DC fan by the way.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Swfcwjfl said:

I would usually say being a Wednesday fan im quite positive. I go into most games thinking we will get something. Supported Wednesday for 30+ years. Today I feel so deflated. I honestly think we are down. Looking at the fixtures and I can't see how we will get put of this. We need to win 3 games. Birmingham have got Rotherham, Huddersfield which they'll win. QPR will beat Preston and Stoke will beat Plymouth. If this happens then we don't beat Blackburn we could be almost down next Sunday. Just can't see how we will get out of this im afraid!

I bet you said Leicester would beat Plymouth and Leeds would beat Blackburn too didn’t you.

Zero point in trying to guess results at this stage of the season. 

We’re 1 point behind with 3 games to go.

• Thanks 1

Just now, sexpistol said:

We got out of league 1 last season with DC at the helm.

I am no DC fan by the way.

We have too many loanees and players out of contract at the end of the season. Chanceri, can’t, or won’t, spend on bringing in any quality replacements. 

Just now, sexpistol said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if we got an injury time winner against Sunderland that gets us out of the bottom 3 for the first time this season and we are safe.

A few more twists yet I reckon.

A penalty? :ph34r:

Still a chance, not going to predict results elsewhere as no one saw the results this weekend happening.

Sunday is HUGE, just hope some results on Saturday gives us a chance. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I bet yesterday you were saying Leeds will beat Blackburn. You cannot predict what will happen. I will state that every outcome you said will happen doesn’t.

Yeah, honestly thought they'd batter them tbh. Results are unpredictable, to expect 2 them all to lose 2/3 games and us to win 3/3 is probably to late

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

Other results may go different to what we’d expect but it’s Wednesday’s results that’s the problem. The way we’re playing, I just can’t see us getting enough points from three difficult games.

That’s the thing. We keep having these chances to get out and blow it because we can’t stick the ball in the net. Just don’t see where the goals are coming from to win us games. 

• Like 2