Advice for a new Owls fan

Welcome.

With regards to away tickets it’s tough, you have to put in the hard yards over a long period to get to a point where you can choose to go to most away games.

Its the fairest system the points but it would take about 3 years of season tickets cup games and any long distance midweek games to get to the top end of the list.

However not to put you off but spares usually do appear so if you keep an eye out on social media you should get to a few. 

7 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Welcome.

With regards to away tickets it’s tough, you have to put in the hard yards over a long period to get to a point where you can choose to go to most away games.

Its the fairest system the points but it would take about 3 years of season tickets cup games and any long distance midweek games to get to the top end of the list.

However not to put you off but spares usually do appear so if you keep an eye out on social media you should get to a few. 

This is right, there are often "spares" if you keep an eye out. Some people buy the tickets just for the points and sell 'em on. You obviously won't get the points if you do that but it would be a way to get to more games.

• Like 1

Welcome to the family!

Membership only guarantees you about 4 away games. Rip off at 50 quid, probably more next year.

Get a Season ticket and as many away tickets as you can get over two seasons and this should secure you most away games. But depends if you want to let the dictator rip you a new one!

I’m sorry but if you weren’t there for the Jay Bothroyd years then I don’t think I can trust you. 

(Joke) 

(But seriously he was the smelly end of the pipe)

Edited by Alb1owl

6 hours ago, MelthamOwl10 said:

Hi all, 

I am new to Wednesday - first game was this season. 

Bit of back story about me - feel free to skip this part. I come from a rugby family, my dad has absolutely zero interest in football however I had a fascination with the sport from a young age. 

A mate of mine from school & college was a Chelsea fan. So I ended up going with him. For years I classed myself as a ‘Chelsea fan’ despite feeling no connection with the club. As a proud Yorkshire lad, really struggled to build any connection with the club despite spending £££ on following them all over. 

Fast forward to this year, I decided to make a trip to Hillsborough on a whim. I have been to several home games this year and already have more of a connection and feel more at home among you Wednesdayites - than I ever did in 10 years of going to Chelsea. 

I understand this may well open myself up to some abuse from the rest of you and maybe deserved for not ‘supporting my local’. 

However, this has been a long winded way of getting to my question.

I am wanting to go both home and away next year. Now I keep an eye on how unbelievably quickly away tickets sell out. Now my initial plan was to purchase an owls membership, however seeing how quick away tickets sell out. Would I stand much chance of getting away tickets on a membership or would I be better off getting a season ticket - despite the expense. 

Thanks for your help. 

And to those fans who have welcomed me at the games I have been to this year! 

You have to take the absolute slog to build up the points, the membership will help a bit. 

Eg, Norwich on a Tuesday night you could buy up till day before. Fecking awful game but one where if you bite the bullet the points build.

Ultimately, a season ticket, if you can afford it, is best. 

9 hours ago, SHUowl said:

You have to take the absolute slog to build up the points, the membership will help a bit. 

Eg, Norwich on a Tuesday night you could buy up till day before. Fecking awful game but one where if you bite the bullet the points build.

Ultimately, a season ticket, if you can afford it, is best. 

Exactly this. It is a bit of a closed shop. You literally have to buy a ticket for any match where you can get one (home amd away cup games) and you'll start to move up the list. I'd say it will take you years though to be regularly getting the chance to buy tickets for most away games. 

Don’t listen to them, I’ve been a Wednesday fan all my life (I was born into a Wednesday family) and went to Hillsborough for the first time in 1979 and have been a regu;ar since then and a season ticket holder for longer than I can think. Yes we have had a bad run over the last 20+ years but, when it’s good, it’s the best feeling in the world. One thing I would say though, Love Wednesday, but don’t fall for the owners schizzle, he’s a prize prat.