Ideal time to play Stoke

3 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Stoke win tonight could work in our favour?

Saturday wouldn't be such a crunch game for them and might not be up for the occasion.

Strange way of looking at it. 

If they lose tonight, we beat them, we’re level on points with them and it’s an extra team in the relegation fight. 

The more teams down there the better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Oh, ye all-mighty gods of football - have mercy on our souls.

We know not what we do when we tempt you so.

On behalf of @Brad_owl, we seek your forgiveness.

Sir, this did make me laugh!

I won't tempt fate again, i will say my confidence is such that i even have some salubrious surroudings booked at Ewood Park to watch the game where we all but confirm our survival.

Edited by Brad_owl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Umeeksk said:

Found this really interesting. Stoke are playing away back to back, and we're home back to back and with an extra day's rest. Absolutely ideal time to play them (though what would be even more ideal is having Poveda, Ugbo and Bernard fit for selection as well).

So not absolutely ideal then...

4 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

If they lose tonight, we beat them, we’re level on points with them and it’s an extra team in the relegation fight. 

I was thinking the way they have improved, might not be the end of the world but fully understand the viewpoint, the more the better. 

7 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Stoke seem to have picked up a fair bit since the managerial change, and a big away following will help them.

Will be a tough, nail biting afternoon I expect 

They were 16th when he took charge in December and they're 19th now...

By all accounts, their fans hate him. But they hate their owners more. 

Need to use the general good feeling round this club, Chansiri aside, to our advantage. We love Danny & I've bought into this team now too. 

Plymouth and Hudds are in free fall. Birmingham's manager had to step aside. Stoke and Blackburn never recovered from relegation and, after throwing money at it, are rotting they way we did. 

DC is not the man to take us forward but, that aside, the morale around this club needs using in the final few games. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

They were 16th when he took charge in December and they're 19th now...

By all accounts, their fans hate him. But they hate their owners more

Need to use the general good feeling round this club, Chansiri aside, to our advantage. We love Danny & I've bought into this team now too. 

Plymouth and Hudds are in free fall. Birmingham's manager had to step aside. Stoke and Blackburn never recovered from relegation and, after throwing money at it, are rotting they way we did. 

DC is not the man to take us forward but, that aside, the morale around this club needs using in the final few games. 

I'm not sure the fans hate the owners.

The Coates family have kept the club afloat for years by pumping hundreds of millions in.

They would have been up poo creek without them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Umeeksk said:

Found this really interesting. Stoke are playing away back to back, and we're home back to back and with an extra day's rest. Absolutely ideal time to play them (though what would be even more ideal is having Poveda, Ugbo and Bernard fit for selection as well).

Our away games this season (when we had played before within 3-4 days):

Swansea 3 - 0 SWFC

West Brom 1 - 0 SWFC

Plymouth 3 - 0 SWFC

Norwich 3 - 1 SWFC

Coventry 2 - 0 SWFC

Preston 0 - 1 SWFC

Huddersfield 4 - 0 SWFC

Leicester 2 - 0 SWFC

Millwall 0 - 2 SWFC

Middlesbrough 2 - 0 SWFC

I mean our home form has been pretty dreadful as a whole, so any 10 games from the whole would be pretty bad. There are 2 notable wins in there, but we lost the other 8 (all convincingly - the West Brom 1-0 was about as convincing as 1-0s get) and only scored in 1 of the 8 losses. So based on that, they seem to have a good point.

4 hours ago, S72 Owl said:
8 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Saturday wouldn't be such a crunch game for them and might not be up for the occasion.

And if we beat them they've got another huge 6 pointer against Plymouth and then away at Southampton.

They'll be sweating like fizz if they lose tonight. 

Hopefully but just look at some of the results of late, literally anything can happen, think we have the edge being at home and the players returning from injury strengthens our case,  please don't start gassama and musaba together Danny. 

We can do it uto.

36 minutes ago, Ponte_Owl85 said:

I don't think they put that much thought into it otherwise we wouldn't play the likes of Plymouth on a Tuesday night 

He posted something regarding the fixtures.

I think Birmnigham have only had 2 away games within 4 days, Norwich are at 9 I think so more consideration needs to go into it.

9 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

That's called grasping at straws   

As you really know, if they win tonite then their confidence will be boosted, wheras if they lose they will be apprehensive about getting Röhl ed over

8 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Same thread said Norwich should be tired and we'd be more energetic than them. Went well first half....

They went to shiit in the 2nd half though 

54 minutes ago, mark77 said:

He posted something regarding the fixtures.

I think Birmnigham have only had 2 away games within 4 days, Norwich are at 9 I think so more consideration needs to go into it.

They really should. It's not fair on the supporters having to travel ridiculous distances midweek. Same with sky moving games about all of the time 

55 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

That's called grasping at straws   

As you really know, if they win tonite then their confidence will be boosted, wheras if they lose they will be apprehensive about getting Röhl ed over

Think the term you are looking for is clutching.

1 hour ago, owls101 said:

And if we beat them they've got another huge 6 pointer against Plymouth and then away at Southampton.

They'll be sweating like fizz if they lose tonight. 

I think they’ll win tonight so come Saturday, hopefully they won’t be as pumped. 

Anyway, let’s hope they lose 5-0 and loads of injuries. 

Edited by SwellOwl

23 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

FFS ..and here's me been clutching instead of grasping all my life !

I am glad to add a new dimension to your life that you can either grasp or clutch at straws as much as you like, but let's hope that the Jacks break the Potters this evening, softening them up for the Owls !

Historical note: Thomas More wrote in 1534:  'A man in peril of drowning catchest whatsoever cometh next to hand ... be it never so simple a stick'.