Ideal time to play Stoke

Found this really interesting. Stoke are playing away back to back, and we're home back to back and with an extra day's rest. Absolutely ideal time to play them (though what would be even more ideal is having Poveda, Ugbo and Bernard fit for selection as well).

• Like 7

Yep we can’t really ask for a better situation to get a vital win on Saturday.  

Hopefully Stoke have a physically tough game tonight at swansea.  Swansea still need a win to confirm safety

Its even worse situation for Blackburn who’s double away week is playing in Bristol tonight and then Leeds on Saturday lunchtime. 

we really need Blackburn to at least only draw tonight, then lose at Leeds,  we beat Stoke and then we are one point behind them going into the crunch match at Ewood. 

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 1

I think if fatigue does play a part it will only be last 30 mins. Seemed an issue last night for Norwich when we put the physical pressure on. Just need to make sure we are in a position to be able to win it at that point 

• Like 1

2 away games in 4 days. We have 24 hours more rest and are at home. We are in better form, just after a 2 nil comeback against a decent side and we are fighting for our lives. 

If any of the big 3 are back too - Ugbo / Dish / Poveda  then we are even stronger. 

There team is absolute dogger too!! 

I absolutely cannot see anything other than a Wednesday win. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I think if fatigue does play a part it will only be last 30 mins. Seemed an issue last night for Norwich when we put the physical pressure on. Just need to make sure we are in a position to be able to win it at that point 

I think many teams would struggle with a second half bombardment like that.... they just aren't used to teams playing that way 

I hate it how pundits try and play the game on paper. If it were that easy, we'd all be rich.

I'm sure that the coaching staff and players won't be paying any attention to it. Let's worry about how we can best prepare and not about what kind of nick Stoke will be in.

Guest Monkowl
44 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I think many teams would struggle with a second half bombardment like that.... they just aren't used to teams playing that way 

Exactly.  So why the f… are we trying to play like Man City when we can’t do it but we can play like Wimbledon really effectively.    Stick to what we do best 

This is why for me you need players like Musaba/Gassama on the bench and use them for the last 20-30 mins when they start to tire, hopefully.

Having Poveda and Johnson back especially would make a huge difference, not counting on it in Poveda’ case anyway.

Bernard in defence makes a difference too, not a fan of Diaby and Famewo can’t defend the back post, so may times he falls asleep, so Bernard for one of those two.

Ideally fitness aside..

Smith

Poveda Windass Paterson

Failing Poveda being fit, move Windass to the left and bring in Ugbo.

Failing Ugbo too, bring in Gassama.

2 hours ago, Brad_owl said:

2 away games in 4 days. We have 24 hours more rest and are at home. We are in better form, just after a 2 nil comeback against a decent side and we are fighting for our lives. 

If any of the big 3 are back too - Ugbo / Dish / Poveda  then we are even stronger. 

There team is absolute dogger too!! 

I absolutely cannot see anything other than a Wednesday win. 

Now you’ve done it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

True. But a team with more energy deals with it better and perhaps counters more effectively 

The obvious point is this..... 

Vaulks

Pato

Pol V

start

Pato annoying Stoke defence with Smith on Saturday first half. 

Musaba or Gassama come on around 65 mins. 

• Like 3

Stoke have looked very decent in recent games.

However we are at home…

I thought draw before reading this. I’m sure Danny loves this stuff and may have us in full throttle mode.

Utter madness we are where we are with 4 left after the hideous first 18 games. Even after losing to Hudders, 8 behind was it? Crackers