Owls v Norwich City Matchday Thread

Nervy already, we need a big result against either Norwich today or WBA in 2 weeks. 

I didn’t realise how bad Norwich’s away form actually is, they’ve only won 5/20 this season - 19th in the league. 

They’ve always impressed me though, I think they are a good attacking team and tore us apart in the reverse fixture. Hopefully we have some big defensive performances and some magic from Gassama/Musaba to steal 3 points. Fans to get us over the line.

• Like 1

Norwich have taken 5 wins away all season and took 20 points away in total from 20 games

W5

D5

L10

Regardless of form and the position if we turn up we could bloody have them lads 

Reading the forums Norwich fans are even for a draw or us taking 3 

Just now, OWLS1867OWLS said:

Norwich have taken 5 wins away all season and took 20 points away in total from 20 games

W5

D5

L10

Regardless of form and the position if we turn up we could bloody have them lads 

Reading the forums Norwich fans are even for a draw or us taking 3 

Away from home they've conceded 39 goals. We've conceded 40. We both have the same amount of wins. 

Norwich have scored 21 more away goals than we have but it has only gained them 4 more points. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Away from home they've conceded 39 goals. We've conceded 40. We both have the same amount of wins. 

Norwich have scored 21 more away goals than we have but it has only gained them 4 more points. 

Says to me that they are open to be taken even more if we defend well and are up for it, 

I fancy us doing them 

I fancy us against anyone at home now. The buzz is back after Saturday, we didn’t need Poveda to beat QPR. 

I’d snatch anyone’s hand off for a point though - keep the points on the board, play it tight, we don’t want to go a goal behind. 

Hardest game left for me this. WBA at home they'll be guaranteed play offs so may take it easy, tonight Norwich will be seeing it as a massive chance to cement their spot tonight as we'll be their easiest game left on paper. Get out with a point tonight will be a bonus for me, sets us up nicely for Stoke at home. Got some good players, Barnes and Sargant will be a handful but who knows, our lot will be riding high after Saturday so we have a chance 

Re the op, I think Nelson deserves to be higher on the list…at least level with Partridge.

Both will be remembered for many generations to come, for services to naval warfare and chat respectively.

As for the game, providing we don’t play as we did against Leeds/Boro I think we could get something.

1-1.

27 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Codswallop !   

To avoid relegation we 'need' to get a couple more points than Udders and a couple of Others over 5 matches

Yeah but the later we leave it the harder it’ll be as the pressure grows. Fancy our chances better against these than West Brom too..

We need to escape sooner rather than later..

• Like 3

We better win our bloody postman is a norwich fan ... there will be little messages on the post like there used to be from the last one who was a blade 🤣