Owls v Norwich City Matchday Thread

20 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

He’s getting to the right age for us to sign him. 

He needs a four-month cruciate lay-off before we’ll even look at him.

• Haha 1

My god some of the replies in here at 1 and 2-0 down, surely posters feel embarrassed for some of the poo they spout when we concede a goal? 'That's it game over' 'That's why we're going down' etc etc, absolutely embarrassing. Probably the same posters who at 2-2 say how well we played and that we can stay up. Maybe don't jump the gun so quickly and throw the toys out the pram after going goals down in the first half. So glad I go to the games and don't check Owlstalk during the game, would make me suicidal reading some of the comments during the game on here.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marro said:

We needlessly gave Norwich two goals through messing around at the back and inviting pressure.  So frustrating to watch, especially in our position.

We played much better second half.  Energy levels higher and we were more direct and physical.  We scored two goals by bullying Norwich.  

Against better footballing teams you have to play to your strengths and not try and play them at their own game.  The direct / committed approach second half was great.  Big shout out for Paterson especially.  Vaulks too made a difference and Valentin.

Good points. We have played the footballing sides with decent strikers at their own game which does not work and we were fortunate NCFC missed some easy chances last night.

Would add that the Vaulks’s  corners were really special and gave us the headed chances.

. How long has this taken and why? It seems that we have somebody who can loft the ball across with some swerve and pave all the while people on here have been asking for better use of set pieces. I see Wagner has called DR a version of Tony Pulis! 

On 09/04/2024 at 14:41, The Dukeries Owl said:

I watched the Norwich v Ipswich game at the weekend. If we piddle and around and just play in front of them, they'll lap that up easily.

we've got to turn them around and/or get plenty of crosses into their area. They can defend well if you give them time to get organised like Ipswich did , we've got to speed up our running and passing and not give them any time.

I just thought I'd mention this post from a few hours before kick-off yesterday, If Danny had read it and took any notice we could have won it, as shown by the total re-think at half-time.

Didn't he watch the Norwich v Ipswich game and learn anything from it?

18 hours ago, victorturner said:

No I did not say that. I was not criticising DR taking him off. What I tried to say in a hurry was that his play justified being taken off but given his seniority, the money to get him here and how he does the talk as a senior player, it’s a terrible indictment of him that it was justified. He ought to be good enough to stay in the pitch . I hardly saw him.
Actually even if he were match fit, I think his main contribution in three years is that Wembley header and little else. 

You could probably just about give him the Newcastle cup game as well where he looked like a world beater.

19 hours ago, lukeyswfc said:

If only we didn’t give up at Ipswich.

Need Birmingham to lose tomorrow against Cardiff since they’ll get 3 points against Rotherham.

Im looking at Huddersfield and Plymouth.

Why not Stoke as well?, we'll be level on points with them if we beat them at the weekend.