When is Bannan Expected to Return?

35 minutes ago, SheffWed said:

Said in another thread, you say anything negative about Bannan and you get jumped on,

IMO it’s time to move on, say thank you and goodbye, like with many of these players.

He’s way off it, it looks like it’s all caught up with him.

Got to stop with sentiment, we need to move on.

Been saying the same for 6 months, be careful you'll be being called a Blade soon 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kew Owl said:

Doesn’t look fully fit to me - wasn’t really at the races today, I’m afraid.

That's all it is. Has been injured and as usual rushed back because he is one of our best players usually.  

• Like 1

Clearly a long way from being fully fit and at his age you can’t get away with that at this level. 
As I posted several times before, you can’t get away with a central midfield two when one is Bannan.Its far too lightweight but unfortunately we’re short of other/ better  options.

12 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Bannan was busting a gut trying to get back when they scored their second whilst many others were ambling back.

So would any player you’d hope. I mean Pelupessy used to bust a gut too but that’s not his job or at least it’s not the main part of his job. 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

So would any player you’d hope. I mean Pelupessy used to bust a gut too but that’s not his job or at least it’s not the main part of his job. 

That was my point, he was the only one who appeared to be trying.

Just now, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Anyone who thinks Bannan was our worst player today has an agenda against him.

In a truly woeful team performance where half of the team looked clueless or uninterested he at least out a shift in.

Spot on. Thankfully there are very few who think this way.

58 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Missing again today. Times up Barry and a new approach is required next season.

He really wasn’t missing. Him and Vaulks were doing the hard jobs, getting stuck in, getting back to defend, trying to make create something …whilst other players gave up, walked around or got the face on.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

One assist all season from our creative master.

Somewhat misleading though as he has been involved in the build up yet may not have put the final ball in.

• Haha 2

Just now, sexpistol said:

That was my point, he was the only one who appeared to be trying.

But as a captain he needs to command the team around him better. As a midfielder he needs to boss it more, as a set piece taker….. well you get the story. Tracking back or busting a gut isn’t why he’s the highest paid player on the books. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Anyone who thinks Bannan was our worst player today has an agenda against him.

In a truly woeful team performance where half of the team looked clueless or uninterested he at least out a shift in.

spot on, I can’t believe WhoScored that sham stats site have an agenda against Bannan. I mean they’re prob anti Scottish or something. 

IMG_5466.jpeg