Defeatists

If you think chucking the towel in when things go against you is a good reaction - you're probably already taking your sandwiches to work in.a Tesco bag for life.

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Biggest w*nkers to have around when times get tough.

No problem with doubts or worries or fears, absolutely normal at this end of the table - but those who just know we are going down or lose their minds when we/they lose are toxic.

Now the disappointment of the weekend is over its time to reset and get rid of the negativity about the team - its contagious and self defeating.

8 'cup finals' but we only need to win 4 or maybe 5.  I'm guessing the management team are saying the season starts here and as fans all we can do is stay positive at the games and keep the pressure off as much as possible.

We would have taken this position at any point of the season.

UTO

You did post the following on Feb 7th 2024

‘ the team has no investment and is being relegated.’ 

all i will say is - people have ups and downs:  let them be . 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Morrisons........................................actually, not chucked the towel in,  but I  think we will come up just short, probably a point or two or goal difference

3 hours ago, Nero said:

No problem with doubts or worries or fears, absolutely normal at this end of the table - but those who just know we are going down or lose their minds when we/they lose are toxic.

Now the disappointment of the weekend is over its time to reset and get rid of the negativity about the team - its contagious and self defeating.

8 'cup finals' but we only need to win 4 or maybe 5.  I'm guessing the management team are saying the season starts here and as fans all we can do is stay positive at the games and keep the pressure off as much as possible.

UTO

I came here to say a similar sentiment, because its proper annoying. Then I thought about it and were already down so what's the fu*cking point. 

48 minutes ago, Nero said:

If you think chucking the towel in when things go against you is a good reaction - you're probably already taking your sandwiches to work in.a Tesco bag for life.

Kinda makes sense for me, I buy my sandwiches from Tesco on the way to work. 

3 hours ago, Nero said:

UTO

Completely agree

we have too many that delight in causing unrest 

all to play for and I trust Danny to keep us fighting to the very end

as fans we need to give everything to support the team

I take my snap in a washed out Aldi brand can of baked beans,cheaper than their carrier bags.

I only eat beans,grow my own beans,wash em boil em add a

bit of Tommy sauce,pop em in me Aldi washed out bean can- snap sorted. 

Don’t need carrier bags me.

3 hours ago, Almat said:

You just have to look at the form table over the last 6 matches to see we have a great chance of escaping relegation. Don't forget this includes matches against arguably the 2 best teams in the league. What's the worry??

Screenshot_2024-03-18-17-01-08-489_com.android.chrome.jpg

But 3rd and 4th are still to come to Thrillsborough 😱

We are staying up but definitely going to get squeaky.

UTO

some  fans being defeatists on the web  will have zero impact on where we finish in the league ........i'd be a bit more worried if the manager / players thought they were cooked but i'd be surprised if they think that .

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

At the end of Saturday's game I felt for the first time this season that we have a better than evens chance of staying up. The teams around us are very poor and cant get it together. I would think that we have the most optimistic outlook at this moment as we have been dead men walking since August. Now we have a chance the others are in panic.

The problem is the loss of Baz and Poveda.

With them both fit I think we'd have a decent chance, but not without them.

This season reminds me of the 89-90 season, in that we were bobbar in the first quarter, rallied in the second and third, but ran into injury problems in the fourth.

We just don't have the quality to lose those two, and bear in mind that Colin is now unemployed again...

• Thanks 1

8 games to go. 

Look at the last 8...

image.png.415aa9a5026fc33159ef5f332e6a109d.png

Yes we've just lost two games by a combined total of 0-8, but we were playing the two best teams in the league by a distance on current form.

And look at where we are in this table versus our rivals - we're 7th, the next highest is QPR in 14th. We've got the best recent form, and statistically the easiest run-in.

I wouldn't want to be Blackburn right now. 1 win in 17 and with all of the league's top four still to play their run-in is the hardest by a mile. Or Birmingham with 3 wins in 17 and a stand-in manager 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, paulrs said:

8 games to go. 

Look at the last 8...

image.png.415aa9a5026fc33159ef5f332e6a109d.png

Yes we've just lost two games by a combined total of 0-8, but we were playing the two best teams in the league by a distance on current form.

And look at where we are in this table versus our rivals - we're 7th, the next highest is QPR in 14th. We've got the best recent form, and statistically the easiest run-in.

I wouldn't want to be Blackburn right now. 1 win in 17 and with all of the league's top four still to play their run-in is the hardest by a mile. Or Birmingham with 3 wins in 17 and a stand-in manager 

I agree about Blackburn, awful run-in and IMO favourites for relegation. Birmingham would be my next bet for relegation due to the very unfortunate enforced medical sabbatical of their excellent manager (and totally out of his depth assistant as stand in manager).

Got to be honest and say I really hope Brum drop to L1 on account of their disgusting dismissal of Eustace when he had got them to 5th in the league in order to install the Pep-like (I jest) Rooney.

My only worry with Brum is the possibility of them employing Colin as manager till season ends. The wily old fox has apparently let it known he's job hunting again.

6 hours ago, Beany71 said:

It's written in the stars, bottom 3 all season until it matters then we pull clear at the end of the season. Other teams have been laughing at us all season but I think there will be a lot of disappointed fans from other teams. Even Toytown were laughing at us in the early season. In Danny we trust!

I think many of us we're laughing at ourselves to be fair!!!