Defeatists

Trick is getting bannan and poveda back in the pitch 

I’m 💯 confident with those two we stay up with a few teams below us before the drop

with out them it makes me nervous 

most of our games are winnable with them playing 

Losing to Leeds and Ipswich isn’t going to send us down. We have enough games left and are close enough to the teams we need to overtake to stay up. What will send us down or keep us up is how we play against the teams in and around us. 4 wins and 4 losses would give us 50 points. Our biggest problem really is our main creative players are Bannan, Poveda and (at a push) Windass. If we had all three of those fit I’d put money on us staying up. If we have none of them we will struggle. One or two then it’s up to the footballing gods. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nero said:

We would have taken this position at any point of the season.

UTO

100%

If someone had told me that we'd be two points off safety when Danny walked into the club then I'd have snapped your hand off.

I think people are looking at the scoreline from Saturday and not applying any context to it. Ipswich are really f*cking good. If we'd lost 6-0 to QPR say, then that's a different matter.

What will be will be, but anyone giving up with 8 games of football to play need to give their head a wobble.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

100%

If someone had told me that we'd be two points off safety when Danny walked into the club then I'd have snapped your hand off.

I think people are looking at the scoreline from Saturday and not applying any context to it. Ipswich are really f*cking good. If we'd lost 6-0 to QPR say, then that's a different matter.

What will be will be, but anyone giving up with 8 games of football to play need to give their head a wobble.

Na people have bi polar with football and social media 

there’s never balance it’s always winning the championship and cup next year or we’re getting relegated and points deduction and will get wound up before Christmas if we draw 

even after a poor start after the international break ( especially without poveda and bannan) won’t relegate us. It would make it a very tense and stressful ending to the season though 

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Na people have bi polar with football and social media 

there’s never balance it’s always winning the championship and cup next year or we’re getting relegated and points deduction and will get wound up before Christmas if we draw 

even after a poor start after the international break ( especially without poveda and bannan) won’t relegate us. It would make it a very tense and stressful ending to the season though 

I think it will go the distance, I have since January.

4 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I think it will go the distance, I have since January.

Without a doubt you can’t be second from bottom with 8 games left and not be in it until the end 

with a bit of luck we’re not going into the final game not knowing if we’re safe or not 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Without a doubt you can’t be second from bottom with 8 games left and not be in it until the end 

with a bit of luck we’re not going into the final game not knowing if we’re safe or not 

I hope not. I fear we might still need something on the final day.

Hopefully it's not a Palace/Derby scenario where it's a win and a point might be enough.

Having said that, this division is mental and I wouldn't put it past us to go up there and beat them if needed.

If we need to beat Sunderland on the last day, I’m confident we will but I’m hoping we’re safe before then. Easter is a big period for us. My gut feeling is regardless of who’s available we’ve come too far to let just it slip away.

• Like 1

The question is, though, where will Colin end up?

Defeat is never enough for us, we always have to have our noses rubbed in it.

He wanted the job here, and how Wednesday it would be if he plays a part in relegating us.

There's no point in being defeatist at this stage.

We knew this year was going to be tough even before we completely surrendered the first quarter of the season. We've spent literally all season being up against it and expecting to go down.

We needed a minor miracle to give ourselves a shot and.. that's actually happened. We've already come so far just to give ourselves a punches chance. When you've come back from no wins in the first 13 games, to be within 1 game of safety with 8 left to play is a miraculous position. It's absolutely vital to separate the Chansiri stuff but have total faith in Röhl for the next 8 games. 

• Like 1