Defeatists

It's such a fine margin between avoiding relegation and going down. A point? Goal difference?

Either way, you don't end up narrowly avoiding a relegation battle without facing hard games and losing lots, especially against teams at the opposite end of the table.

So why do some of our fans almost expect a 100% record then? We will lose again before the season is out, but that shouldn't knock us. Until it looks like the team has given up or it's mathematically sealed, how can we not hope?

At the start of the season I'd have taken our current position and form over the last 12 games or whatever.

After 10 games I'd have snatched your hand off for the mere hope of this. And looking back it's incredible that the team is still in this.

• Like 4

It's written in the stars, bottom 3 all season until it matters then we pull clear at the end of the season. Other teams have been laughing at us all season but I think there will be a lot of disappointed fans from other teams. Even Toytown were laughing at us in the early season. In Danny we trust!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, POWP said:

Either way, you don't end up narrowly avoiding a relegation battle without facing hard games and losing lots, especially against teams at the opposite end of the table.

So why do some of our fans almost expect a 100% record then? We will lose again before the season is out, but that shouldn't knock us. 

I don't think our fans expected to beat Ipswich but think we have a right to expect Wednesday to compete in every game which at 6-0 we clearly didn't.
Think the players should be criticised afters Saturdays performance and they will hopefully use it as motivation for the Easter games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Think people are just being realistic as to our position and the club as a whole

You've got to expect different opinions because at the end of the day we all want to stay in this division so not everyone is a w***er as stated in the OP.......

UTO 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Biggest w*nkers to have around when times get tough.

No problem with doubts or worries or fears, absolutely normal at this end of the table - but those who just know we are going down or lose their minds when we/they lose are toxic.

Now the disappointment of the weekend is over its time to reset and get rid of the negativity about the team - its contagious and self defeating.

8 'cup finals' but we only need to win 4 or maybe 5.  I'm guessing the management team are saying the season starts here and as fans all we can do is stay positive at the games and keep the pressure off as much as possible.

We would have taken this position at any point of the season.

UTO

It’s funny.

Just now I had a quick break from work and went to get a cup of mint tea.  One of those posh mint tea bags, pyramid shape and almost a silk like bag.  I was slowly pouring in the hot water, not quite boiling of course but not far off .  As I was I just had this flash of a thought, it came and went like it was almost not there but it was there just briefly.  The thought was we might go down, given we have been in the relegation zone all season and just lost 6 nil.

never mind .  I chastised myself for that thought sneaking past my mental positivity barrier and poured the near boiling water over my hand to teach myself a lesson that I must remain positive and not let such wicked and toxic thoughts infest me again.

This way to the play offs ! 

• Haha 7

53 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think our fans expected to beat Ipswich but think we have a right to expect Wednesday to compete in every game which at 6-0 we clearly didn't.
Think the players should be criticised afters Saturdays performance and they will hopefully use it as motivation for the Easter games.

No but I expected us to give them a game at least and put up a bit of a fight seeing we are fighting for our lives.

Despite our good form before the last two games, we are still anchored in the bottom 3. We can get out of it, but the team and DR need maximum effort now in the last 8 games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You just have to look at the form table over the last 6 matches to see we have a great chance of escaping relegation. Don't forget this includes matches against arguably the 2 best teams in the league. What's the worry??

Screenshot_2024-03-18-17-01-08-489_com.android.chrome.jpg

I agree that we have the capability to avoid relegation, in fact I think we will. The only thing I'm "afraid" of is that if we don't get relegated The Chanser will attempt to take full full credit for it. 

(And some will agree with him) ffs

• Like 1

Wednesday fans doing what they do best (well some of em). Remember we weren’t getting promoted last season either. Moaning fannies. I too never expected us to get anything from Ipswich, I thought 3-0, was disappointed at 6-0 but with our goal difference it makes no difference really. Hopefully Danny will have learned from it and the players will be chomping at the bit to put it right on Good Friday. Just get over it, it’s gone and no amount of moaning and comparing will change that result.

• Like 1