How do you handle it?

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

If Leeds are rivals to Man Utd, we're rivals to Barcelona.

Leeds are going to have to win 18 PL titles, like Liverpool, before they can call themselves rivals to Man Utd.

Leeds only rival is Bradford City. Anything else is forced..

Only founded on 17 October 1919. How mickey mouse is that. 

I argue with Leeds fans about their attendance. In a city of around 800,000, with no real local rivals, in fact, loads of Bradford support Leeds but not the other way round, they should be getting huge attendances. Even if you add Leeds United and Leeds Rhinos averages together, only around 6% of its population attends home games. With just the 2 Sheffield sides, we get about 9.4% and we've both been in the bottom 3 all season. 

So Sheffield support is better. Wednesday and Leeds have comparable attendances in comparison with the population, 4.3% and 4.4% respectively. Except we sadly have a local rival in the Premier League and we were absolute rubbish for 17 games. 

Facts. Leeds are not well supported for the size of its city, lack of rivals and recent success. 9.4% attendance like in Sheffield would see Leeds getting 75,000 a week, approximately. They don't get that, do they??? 

My best mate is a Leeds fan, here's a few things that wind them up...

- Their ground only has one notable stand, the other three wouldn't look out of place at the Keepmoat in Donny.

- It wasn't long ago they closed their top tier because nobody went in a one-team city with a population of circa 800k.

- They prefer to watch egg-chasing rather than football.

- We're still the most successful team in Yorkshire in terms of trophies despite being dog poo for 25 years.

- They have a habit of copying our songs/phrases - WAWAW, the old Adam Reach song, All Leeds Aren't We, etc.

- Sheffield is a better supported football city than Leeds despite having two pro clubs and a clustered catchment area. 

I’m slightly surprised they were that interested in you. My neighbour moved in a few years ago and I often chat to him about football. Having previously ascertained that he’s a Leeds fan, I often ask him how Leeds are getting on. He hasn’t once asked which team I support and I’ve another friend who supports Leeds who isn’t much different.

45 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

I’m slightly surprised they were that interested in you. My neighbour moved in a few years ago and I often chat to him about football. Having previously ascertained that he’s a Leeds fan, I often ask him how Leeds are getting on. He hasn’t once asked which team I support and I’ve another friend who supports Leeds who isn’t much different.

I work with loads of Liverpool fans and they are the same. If it isn’t Liverpool they are not interested. 

You only make the mistake of talking football with a scouser once. 

Just now, HighworthOwl said:

I work with loads of Liverpool fans and they are the same. If it isn’t Liverpool they are not interested. 

You only make the mistake of talking football with a scouser once. 

Yeah, I know a few plastic Liverpool fans, and they have zero interest about anything below the top 4 or 5 teams in the Premier League. 

1 hour ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

My best mate is a Leeds fan, here's a few things that wind them up...

- Their ground only has one notable stand, the other three wouldn't look out of place at the Keepmoat in Donny.

- It wasn't long ago they closed their top tier because nobody went in a one-team city with a population of circa 800k.

- They prefer to watch egg-chasing rather than football.

- We're still the most successful team in Yorkshire in terms of trophies despite being dog poo for 25 years.

- They have a habit of copying our songs/phrases - WAWAW, the old Adam Reach song, All Leeds Aren't We, etc.

- Sheffield is a better supported football city than Leeds despite having two pro clubs and a clustered catchment area. 

Weird how people let such inconsequential things affect them.

If it was reversed and someone said that to me I'd just be like "ok".

Edited by Sykes

Also, we've been utter crap for about 25 years now. 

Aren't you sort of numb to any taunting? 

Yeah, we are sh*t. What's your point? 

14 hours ago, Ponte_Owl85 said:

Am I being immature and need to stop biting or am I justified in getting worked up by their bullshit?

Personally I think your brother in law has been a ******** there

He’s meant to be family so not ideal for him to throw you under the (200 Leeds fan) bus 

Leeds are the most underperforming club in the country by absolutely miles.

They probably should be as big as they think they are, but aren't even half way there in reality. 

It's not long ago Leeds used to give us the whole end behind one of the goals, shut their grandstand, and the footage from those days on YouTube is still a sea of faded blue plastic seats even then. 

I had it for years when I lived in Pontefract being a Wednesday fan. They took the p1ss, but I took every opportunity to give it back. Healthy banter. 

Mind you, many were also following Cas Tigers and wearing those stupid over sized tops like Ice Hockey players. Could never make their minds up.lol

7 hours ago, ThruThinAndThinner said:

I think their rivalry is more a Yorks/Lancs "Roses" thing and dates back decades to a time when both were *roughly* equally as successful in terms or trophies won, i.e. long before Man U were the media darlings and serial title winners that they became under Old Pizzaface after the Prem was founded.

Man Utd had won the league 7 times before Leeds recorded their first championship.  They had won 10 trophies in total before Leeds had won anything.  Remind me again when Leeds were as successful as Man Utd.