How do you handle it?

Where I live I'm surrounded by L**ds supporters. 90% of my mates are. Today I ended up at a wmc with my brother in law who announced I was a wednesdayite to the best part of 200 L**ds lot. They were respectful but after being called a piggy for the 3rd time in an hour I had to leave before I stood on a table and said something that would have got my head kicked in. Am I being immature and need to stop biting or am I justified in getting worked up by their bullshit? Anyone else deal with it and how do you keep your calm?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If there's a leeds fan, I'll remind them we're the most successful club historically in Yorkshire. And that in spite of a massive population and lack of competition, their support is disappointing. I will tell them I know we are shît right now but at least I know it. Mot shut the fück up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Grizzly Bizzly said:

You're being immature and need to stop biting 

This.

It's only football at the end of the day, no need to get worked up over it.

• Like 3

Never been arsed about the rivalry with Leeds, it doesn’t come close to a steel city derby.

It’s nice to beat them and slightly annoying if we don’t, same as Rotherham or Dingles, but I couldn’t give a shiny one about em the rest of the time

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Ponte_Owl85 said:

Where I live I'm surrounded by L**ds supporters. 90% of my mates are. Today I ended up at a wmc with my brother in law who announced I was a wednesdayite to the best part of 200 L**ds lot. They were respectful but after being called a piggy for the 3rd time in an hour I had to leave before I stood on a table and said something that would have got my head kicked in. Am I being immature and need to stop biting or am I justified in getting worked up by their bullshit? Anyone else deal with it and how do you keep your calm?

Didn’t you explain pigs play at bum hole lane in bacon striped shirts ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sage owl said:

Why would Leeds fans refer to us as pigs ?.

Man utd are they're  rivals. 

If Leeds are rivals to Man Utd, we're rivals to Barcelona.

Leeds are going to have to win 18 PL titles, like Liverpool, before they can call themselves rivals to Man Utd.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ponte_Owl85 said:

All banter at end of day , just don't bite 

You probably did the right thing in leaving as their is always someone who has too much drink and shows off 

Worse case scenario is that it was you cos then you have no excuse for getting a kicking

You should be in a position now to deal with it as you should know we are crap at the moment. Laugh it off have a drink and go home 

10 hours ago, Ponte_Owl85 said:

How do you "handle it"?  You grow up.

57 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If Leeds are rivals to Man Utd, we're rivals to Barcelona.

Leeds are going to have to win 18 PL titles, like Liverpool, before they can call themselves rivals to Man Utd.

I think their rivalry is more a Yorks/Lancs "Roses" thing and dates back decades to a time when both were *roughly* equally as successful in terms or trophies won, i.e. long before Man U were the media darlings and serial title winners that they became under Old Pizzaface after the Prem was founded.